Making ACs a Reality

haa glad to see the debate is still ongoing!

no i have a grip on reality and i know that an AC is not entirely ethical and it will most likely never get out of the hopes and dreams of main the main moral of my argument is that they possible

as bruce waynes play thing :(

there would be to much money in it to be worth it. SOMEONE RING UP A BILLIONAIRE AND INTRODUCE THEM TO AC!!

OOO AND MUTT you watch to much gundam to be here

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a money thing.

Mechs are impractical and stupid, therefore they will never be built as serious military hardware.

^^^This right here.

Though use of slat armor and angled CHOBHAM armor would provide a slight bit more protection, but it's still highly impractical, as actuators and other internal parts of mecha are very, very complex, and as such, really do not like shrapnel in them.

Hell a round doesn't even need to fully penetrate to do catastrophic damage to the internals, damage from spalling (look it up) would do it in.

Didn't someone mention that a giant robot falling over would kill the pilot? I'm sure I read that somewhere, because in reality, it kinda would.

Edited by ^Slaanesh