Butts

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1911s all the way

i hate how glocks feel

that magnum looks silly tho

Well it's either that or a Ruger Super Redhawk.

http://www.millersguns.com/rugersuperredhawk.jpg

The Ruger's almost $400 cheaper so I could spend that on getting the exact sight I wanted. I think the S&W looks pretty good though.

I think a rifle scope would probably be the way to go, yeah. Since that's the case, I'd buy the Ruger so I could lay down some cash on a really nice Leupold scope. The Leupold on my dad's rifle is unbelievably nice, even after the ten years or more that he's had it.

My rifle just has a Tasco. :o

I like 1911s, I'd like to one day own a Kimber or Springfield 1911 but I'm not spending more than a grand on a handgun. Might go Para-Ordnance, they've got some nice guns and some of their 1911s are inexpensive but reliable. SIGs are slick too.

I mainly got the glock due to reliability and I'm in the process of becoming a cop, and the G22 is pretty widely accepted in that field of work so if I were to work in a department where I have to supply my own weapon then there's a high probability that the G22 would be on the approved weapon list. I love the gen4 glocks too, that bit of grip reduction in the default small backstrap really makes it more comfortable, also the recoil of the .40 seems to be lightened a bit due to the new recoil spring. I want to install some night-sights on it soon.

Anyone try Agrip? It's a grip tape for different handguns, installed it on my glock and it makes it a lot more comfortable to shoot without noticably increasing the grip width.

If I ever visit my sister in TX, we'll go shooting together.

Hopefully I'll have another AK by then.

The guy with the AR15 gets points for not having a shit-head reflexive stance, he shouldn't lower his rifle that much thou.

EDIT: I thought that was EB, but I watched some of the other vids, I'm guessing he's the dude in the blue/white striped shirt.

EDIT EDIT: I'm going to do a long-eye relief scope mod on my mosin.

http://i.imgur.com/OTKZQ.jpg

Pic related, it's my nugget.

Edited by Enganacious

I think a rifle scope would probably be the way to go, yeah. Since that's the case, I'd buy the Ruger so I could lay down some cash on a really nice Leupold scope. The Leupold on my dad's rifle is unbelievably nice, even after the ten years or more that he's had it.

My rifle just has a Tasco. :o

Leupold scope on your Grendel build huh?

Get the Ruger because it'll look more hilarious when you whip that out in restaurants and stuff.

That tacticool video is hilarious. Throw that gun down, son!

The guy with the AR15 gets points for not having a shit-head reflexive stance, he shouldn't lower his rifle that much thou.

EDIT: I thought that was EB, but I watched some of the other vids, I'm guessing he's the dude in the blue/white striped shirt.

Yeah, EB is the blond guy in the white polo.

I'm gonna end up putting a pair cheap .22LR scope rings (since they are the same size as the dovetail under the rear leaf) on my Mosin, and put in a similarly cheap LER/EER (long/enhanced eye relief) handgun scope in said rings.

I'm also going to get a poly stock for it at some point too.

I was looking at Leupold's custom shop and was disappointed. Their rifle scopes have all sorts of sick customization options but their handgun scopes are seriously lacking. You basically can choose between black and silver, get some animal lasered on the scope, and get your initials on one of the dials.

I sporterize-cut my mosin stock (removing the part infront of the stock bands, removing the top part entirely.

I've now stained it with summer oak, I did 2 coats, looks great; and now I'm doing polyurethane.

I'm on coat 3, which should be the last one, it looks awesome, once it dries, I have only to finish cleaning up the barrel, and fitting the scope whenever it gets here.

I will post pics of my ~$150 hunting rifle, when it's all said and finished.