The Firearm Thread

Butts

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont see why people think 9mm is that incredibly weak, because it isnt. at the very most, itll take 4 shots to stop someone.

and if this is for personal defense, keep in mind you are probably only going to use the gun in a life or death situation, making the user extremely stressed if not properly trained, throwing off the users general abiblity to function (and even then, youll still be wired). you wont be able to aim with 100% at a specific bodypart, making the generally faster firing and more controllable 9mm more reliable.

you also have to take into account how many targets, how much collateral damage you might cause, and if you do miss any shots and your target isnt down what are you going to do? if you miss, the 9mm is much more forgiving with more ammo and lower recoil to re-aim. 45 will take longer to accurately re-aim and and you try to shell out rounds too fast youll be shooting air or someone/something else

9mm = efficiency, 45 = power.

You're forgetting a variable in there. If the defender has proper training, military or otherwise, even under duress, the defender will be able to correctly identify key points to shoot. If you're in the military, well infantry at least, it's nearly habit to do a failure drill, or two in the chest one in the head or groin. I have the misfortune of ALWAYS doing that. Even online. It's gay. Now you're possibly wondering why two in the chest? Simple, my friends. It's a biomechanic called vascular decompression. Now, I can't quite remember what all goes into this little biomechanic, but I know it has to do with the rapidity with which wounds start to close, possibly to maximize blood loss before sending a third round into the groin if you're going for disabling. Otherwise, the two rounds serve to shock the target for the time necessary to line up a shot on the T-box, the area in the face through which a bullet will pass through the brain stem and ending bodily function.

In hindsight, I have no idea why I went on a rant... 1911 for the motherfucking win.

Yeah, the rant was unncessary since that post is almost two years old and he didn't "forget a variable". He specifically said "...and if this is for personal defense, keep in mind you are probably only going to use the gun in a life or death situation, making the user extremely stressed if not properly trained..."

1911s are dope though, yeah. I thoroughly enjoy them.