ACV's story. A tangled mess.

The Fallen Raven

This thread is for anyone that is actually interseted in the story of ACV. Feel free to talk about what you think about the story, the characters, and whatever else. This will contain spoilers to anyone that hasn't played the story. So, begin! Edited by The Fallen Raven

This is the first time I couldn't actually make out the story. I bet Bamco must've messed something up during localization.

So, after mission 00, I assume you defect to the resistance because the Chief is a dick, and since you're a great pilot, Fran accepts you into the group, and everyone is doubtful at first, but then you prove yourself worthy through your actions. Then halfway in you finally execute the plan to take down father, who is working with the Corporation to oppress the continent, but when you do capture him, the Corporation reveals that they had no interest in protecting father, since they were just there to test humans because they're ALIENS! So they were stringing everything along, and then they test out the pilot multiple times by sending giant arms fort-level weapons against you, before sending the chief against you twice. Then, at the end of the game Carol is being a raging bitch and decides to send their Superweapon after you, which I've dubbed "Nineball Anorexic" due to the lack of his midsection.

Long story short, you beat them, the corporation either backs off or tests you more, and RD, who you killed, was an alien too, but he was a chicken who couldn't use his future telling powers properly, and Leon dies or something, and Father was actually the grandfather of Fran, who felt bad after her own father, the leader of the resistance, died in the first mission, and I guess we're supposed to feel sorry for her daddy issues, even though we never knew the guy, yada yada.

Anyway, it's an OKAY story, but I can see how people would be confused. HOWEVER, having said that, I don't hate the story. Infact, I admire the angle they were coming from. I mean, it's been a long time since we had aliens in Armored Core. I'm talking "Armored Core 2 time" here. It fits with the aesthetic of the series, and I don't mind at all.

Every character was actually pretty cool, though I had an issue with Fran, who felt like one of those "we'll get through this with the power of love and friendship" hippies. But she did her job and I don't fault it much. Rosary was hilarious, and the Chief was the best character in the game. In a series with serious antagonists/robot antagonists, it's great to have the archetype of a "villain who's crazy and loves his job too much". I had Kefka vibes coming from him, and I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy 6.

Overall, I'd play it again given the chance.

Edited by Pendragon

Chief is an alien. You're an alien. Chief is a dick so you Heel Face Turn.

Fran's a wimp but grows a pair. Rosary was trying to hard to be like I dun care lol. her Bright Slaps did nothing for RD who was a bitch who thought running would give him balls but still died like a bitch. Leon was a bro.

Edit: The Chief is really noob. Pendragon is RD. Niji is Rosary.

Edited by Densuo

Ai made the most since to me, Carol gives off the same vibe as Ibis at times. Chief is a bit wackier then you would expect your Nineball derivative to be, rather like his cheer though lol. Then again I hear Wally Wingert and all I can think is Invader Zim.

Moving on from that though, Zodiacs feel like test subjects for human plus modification, kinda wish they had taken that story a bit further and maybe mixed it into a few more story missions.

Heart emblem is Rosary's emblem, from her backstory with MOH which the order missions hit on.

Why is there a heart on the copter that takes you places? Does the dialogue ever hint at any sexual undertones between the two girls, maybe a past relationship? I'm looking to consider playing through story mode.

Rosary did say she thought Fran was cute when she was angry. It was implied to be more of a sister-type relationship, but you never know.

Ai made the most since to me, Carol gives off the same vibe as Ibis at times. Chief is a bit wackier then you would expect your Nineball derivative to be, rather like his cheer though lol. Then again I hear Wally Wingert and all I can think is Invader Zim.

Moving on from that though, Zodiacs feel like test subjects for human plus modification, kinda wish they had taken that story a bit further and maybe mixed it into a few more story missions.

Heart emblem is Rosary's emblem, from her backstory with MOH which the order missions hit on.

Chief was really an AI clone hybrid of Ali Al Saachez from Gundam 00 and Khyron from Macross. Except the Chief really did not give a f***.

Well, obviously the Zodiacs aren't completely human, or human at all. Also, the Zodiacs each differ from each other. Zodiac No.1 did nothing but scream like Killdozer making me think that when they turned him into whatever he was they weren't as succesful as the other experiments because he was the first. Zodiac No. 8 saw the strength of the player and knew he/she/it could beat them all. That's why he told the player that he wanted he/she/it to beat them all.He wanted Angie to stop by asking what the point in fighting was now that all their allies were gone and also why he asked Angie what would happen to her after the rest of them died because he was worried about her.(?) What I'm saying is that most of them kept their personalities.

The online bosses are definitely from the Corporation because they wanted to see just how many skilled people their are in the world. I got this from Carol's line " If exceptions like you exist, then perhaps...". And the red Exusia is probably a complete version of the one Chief was in. I got that from Carol's line " Time is necessary. The time to create a complete program." Also her whe she said " The answer will reveal itself soon enough." That's probably building up to something. Unless she ment the Zodiacs.

Edited by The Fallen Raven

You could say that about most games.

Mario's story: A bunch of hippies tripping on shrooms

Hey now, that ain't cool.

All fun and games, guv.

I do think RD was Human +'d while the Zodiacs and the Zodiac Operator where all Human+'d Clearly most of them were in later stages of enhancement.... or something... Some seemed in control. others were more machinelike.

What about the worker bees though? Let there be peace in the world!!! Those guys had to be on some shit

Pen doesnt even use RD's mech.

I use Vengeance/Vendetta almost exclusively

edit: Though lately I've been hard into EVE what witht he escalation to Inferno..

and Wakfu.. and art, so havent really had time for consolegames.

Edited by ^Slaanesh

Maybe they were just hippies.... riding giant death machines.

Can't agree too much with that. When you fight the leader he makes mention of you making all the time and effort into having all those puppets go to waste.