The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

Magnus

@ Ata,

Actually, when I first watched the gameplay of TTG's TWD, I thought it was pretty meh too. But when I bought it and played it for myself, I found it really engaging. I don't think you can appreciate the game for watching the gameplay. You do not get the sense of tension, urgency, and immersion when you watch videos, and you may have skipped over some character buildup from skipping over some scenes.

TWD as a franchise has a pretty great track record so far. A lot of people love the comics (I never read them). I personally love the AMC show series and TTG's game. The fact that Activision and Terminal Reality fucked this game the way it did shocked a lot of people. I have friends who bought this game on Day 1, raging about it. Honestly though, why would you ever pre-order a game published by Activision?

@ Ata,

Actually, when I first watched the gameplay of TTG's TWD, I thought it was pretty meh too. But when I bought it and played it for myself, I found it really engaging. I don't think you can appreciate the game for watching the gameplay. You do not get the sense of tension, urgency, and immersion when you watch videos, and you may have skipped over some character buildup from skipping over some scenes.

I never watched gameplay of TTG's TWD. I played it, and felt there was too much time put into developing certain characters and relationships, only to have them killed off regardless of the decisions I made. Episode 3 and 4 in particular really took me out of it. I liked the story overall, but I was left feeling that none of the decisions I made really mattered.

When I said "every video I've seen of this game looks like trash," I was talking about Survival Instinct.