Xbone

Magnus

I'm sure they are all getting irritated at Microsoft for the hate they are getting, but they need to keep those kinds of comments to themselves. That was a cop-out and I'm pretty sure that support for the 360 is going to die within a year or two. I mean imagine the pain in the ass it's going to be to dial back everything for a far inferior generation of consoles.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe what I just heard. I mean, I am sure he has probably been pressured all day from people on the internet and industry, and that he can't control the policies and have to make light of what he has, but this is really bad. I really do not understand why MS will keep their 24 hour login requirement when their competition, SONY, has no such anti-consumer rule.

I can't believe you guys are overreacting to this degree. The Xbox prez in that video said if you didn't have an internet connection, don't get the Xbox One, and everyone starts grabbing the pitchforks and torches. If you don't have an internet connection (which none of you have that problem it seems) then you probably aren't the type of person that would be interested in consoles anyway. It's the 21st century...get internet.

And on the internet connection requirement: How many times does your internet connection go out for it to actually be a problem? I would guess not nearly enough.

I never bought a used game in my life so I don't see that as an issue (used games have scratches and gunk on them...ewww.)

Edited by Duronix

Used games are great, I buy them all the time; nothing like saving 20-30 bucks for every game you get. Scratches and gunk? That's a bad argument, the games wouldn't even sell to the resellers if they had too many scratches or gunk on them. I guess you wouldn't know though if you've never bought a used game.

You'll only save 20-30 dollars on a game that is ancient. Anything that's relatively new you'll only save $5. So all my life I was like "scratches and gunk, or a brand new game for only $5 more." Needless to say I always took new.

The internet is buzzing with how the PS4 is handily beating the Xbox One in pre-order figures so it's not just ACU with the problem. I was on the fence about which console I was going to be getting first, but Microsoft's clear disdain for public opinon in regards to the Xbox One has completely turned me away as a future customer of anything they have to offer from their gaming division. They want to talk about great exclusives when they are habitually having them run into the ground anyways so who cares?

All Sony needs to do at this point is improve PSN so that it legitimately competes with XBL. If Microsoft wants to make a family-friendly machine then by all means, but they shouldn't be surprised if they fall behind in the next-gen console sales race if they are so willingly going to alienate gamers and travelers. Alienating the military isn't all that big of a deal considering less than 1% of the American population serves. Sure it sucks, but it's all a big numbers game after all right? And I think in this case $399 is a big winner.

Anything that's relatively new you'll only save $5. So all my life I was like "scratches and gunk, or a brand new game for only $5 more." Needless to say I always took new.

Price cuts are driven by lack of sales. It's that way for a LOT of things. So do you really know what you're talking about or are you just blowing smoke? That's a terrible reason to buy new anyways. If you're motivated enough to buy something new then it should be to support the developers that you're purchasing product from. You can always ask to see the discs that you're getting if you're buying used anyways. At least that's what I do, but the store I go to knows me by name so that may help my case.

Edited by Rachis

The main drawback for me is sharing games with friends and family (especially with my cousin and bother). My Uncharted 2 disc has probably touched ten PS3s so far, and seven of my friends bought Uncharted 3 at launch. Sharing is a good thing.

And this is a nightmare for any game tournament organizers. I literally can't count how many PS3s my copy of SF4 has went through.

I can't believe you guys are overreacting to this degree. The Xbox prez in that video said if you didn't have an internet connection, don't get the Xbox One, and everyone starts grabbing the pitchforks and torches. If you don't have an internet connection (which none of you have that problem it seems) then you probably aren't the type of person that would be interested in consoles anyway. It's the 21st century...get internet.

And on the internet connection requirement: How many times does your internet connection go out for it to actually be a problem? I would guess not nearly enough.

I never bought a used game in my life so I don't see that as an issue (used games have scratches and gunk on them...ewww.)

PS3 is $100 cheaper. PS+ is cheaper than XBL gold. I can still use Netflix and stuff without PS+ if I want to. I don't have TV at all so I don't care that I could use XB1 as a cable box. Kinect has never impressed me. I already have a PS3 so I have a lot of PSN friends and games on PSN that will transfer to PS4.

Those are the reasons I am getting a PS4 over an XB1.

Also, I may not buy used very much but I trade games in a lot. That usually saves me like 10 bucks on the price of the new game, depending on how new it is and if there are any deals going on.

The good times the N64 and I had. Goldeneye. Oh sweet blessed Goldeneye.

But yeah, the new controller is going to benefit me a great deal since I've been running an xbox for the past several years. Will probably feel just like old times, but not so small you know. Can't wait.

Edited by Rachis

duronix wont get a ps4 because japanese people have tiny hands and will make the ps4 controller tiny

i shit you not he really said this

http://www.extremetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Next-Gen-Controllers-640x353.png

The PS3 controller was too small for me (I played all 3 consoles, so i speak from experience) and the 360 controller was bigger and felt better. Besides I'm 6'1". So my hands are a little bigger than average.

Some of the things announced are bad for the X1, such as not being able to sell your games for creds. And for all my defending of the Xbox I'm not 100% sure im going to get it myslef. I just think it's not THAT bad to justify all the crazy hate it's been getting.

Edited by Duronix

The one thing that I think the Xbox One is going to accomplish is more digital sales than the previous generation of consoles. This should eventually lead to price drops for games because why spend $60 on digital when you can have the physical product for the same price? Unfortunately, Microsoft is shooting themselves in the foot by not allowing indie devs to self publish which would help get people more comfortable with having digital content. I know it sounds silly because of services like Steam, but it's still a big change and one that I'm not used to for consoles. But I really feel like digital is going to be the way and we should just get used to it as soon as we can. I've had to do a fuckton of adjusting to it for work anyways.

[edit] Btw price drops = more games sold = more profit = more adventurous developing = more new ips = greater variability in our gaming experiences = everyone's happy.

Edited by Rachis

You'll only save 20-30 dollars on a game that is ancient. Anything that's relatively new you'll only save $5. So all my life I was like "scratches and gunk, or a brand new game for only $5 more." Needless to say I always took new.

I saw people selling Bioshock Infinite for $40 ($26 less than new after taxes) literally three days after release. They beat it and wanted to recoup some of their money quickly. That's not even long enough to get scratches and gunk on the thing for most people (also if you see scratches and gunk, not buying is an option). Within a month they were selling for $20. That kind of thing happens all the time.

Elton mentioned the sharing part of it too, so yeah, double miss for you.

Even ignoring the negative aspects that push people away, I don't think I'd be compelled to get an XBOX One with the information they've given. The Kinect is one of the worst things the 360 offers, and it seems to be a big part of the new console. I've honestly got not interest in voice/motion commands. I also don't care for the focus on other media and the extra resources dedicated to it.

I do think it's got the better exclusives so far, though!

Oh, and I like my physical media. My PS3 is like ten feet from my chair. I'm pretty sure I'll survive the trek when I want to switch games.