Xbone

Magnus

Well, Rachis is at least, it seems.

With how angry he's getting, I'm starting to think G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra is one of his favorite games. Or maybe Battleship and Green Lantern... Or maybe he's just a fan of all movie game developers?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word. There's a difference in saying "That game looks like it's going to be shit" and "That game is going to be shit." Same goes for saying a game looks good/is going to be good. You don't really know until it's done. You can get a good idea but it's up for grabs until the thing's actually going out to reviewers and stuff.

Companies that have made shitty games can also make great games. Look at FROM.

tl;dr - no one knows if a game's good until it's done

Unfortunately, the opposite is true for the actually educated. Helps to not submit yourself to brain damaging chemicals as well. (Most would otherwise have been educated after Front Mission Evolved.)

You may as well be trying to argue Destiny is going to be bad because it's not out yet, meanwhile everyone smart looks at Bungie's track record, and will five seconds later, call you an idiot. But if you really believe that a developer that's pushed out nothing but F games is suddenly gonna pull out a triple A launch title?

I suggest seeing a therapist. Or maybe just check yourself into the happy hotel, and cut out the middle man. Schizophrenia is a very serious problem.

Edited by Magnus

No one is saying it's going to be a AAA though. We're just saying that so far there isn't any merit behind saying that KI will 100% guaranteed be a piece of shit. You're entitled to your opinion of thinking that the game is going to be bad based on Double Helix's performances so far, but you have zero evidence to support a claim that the new KI is a bad game based on the information about the game itself.

I don't think I can be any clearer.

Edited by Rachis

Mangus is just butthurt that we're not part of his hipster gaming club. Godwin's Law is grand, werd.

That was a great video Rachis. I didn't know Maximilian did a video on the new KI. I just watched a few hours of actual fight footage mostly. What's great is that Max sorta describes what made KI1 so popular in the first place around 21:00 in. He doesn't mention how bad it was competitively, though. It was always such a terrible game for competition, though MUCH better than KI2, but so god damn fun to play and watch. The music, the graphics, Orchid's tits, the ridiculousness of it, and the insane combos in an era where fighting games had almost literally no combos (SF2 combos were a glitch for example, not purposefully included). KI was all about fun and being over-the-top.

RARE fkn ruined their own game with KI2, so I'd rather not have them develop it in the first place. Especially since it's been about 20 years since KI was first released. With KI2 being so bad, it's not like Double Helix can hurt the series more. It's already dead. It's been dead for 15 years. Ever since KI2 released, really. The last bit of semi-competitive play I heard about with KI2 was around 2000 or so, so it's been very near totally dead for at least 10 years. It's also nice to hear that the developers are 3S fans, since 3S is the best fighting game in all of existence.

The real issue is KI3 being on XB1. That's just a fucking travesty. Hopefully it releases on PC or something someday. Until then I will be stuck with emulator versions of KI with shitty online, much like LR with XLink Kai.

PS: Skip to 28:00 to watch me play the arcade version of Killer Insinct on MAME emulator. I get my ass kicked good.

Orchid's tits

Yo her tits changed my life when that game came out. I'm guessing that's true for like everyone though who played it on release.

Also didn't Killer Instinct have a koopa as a playable character? He had a terrible name iirc

http://killerinstinct.wikia.com/wiki/Riptor

here we go hahahaha fucking RIPTOR son

Unfortunately, the opposite is true for the actually educated. Helps to not submit yourself to brain damaging chemicals as well. (Most would otherwise have been educated after Front Mission Evolved.)

You may as well be trying to argue Destiny is going to be bad because it's not out yet, meanwhile everyone smart looks at Bungie's track record, and will five seconds later, call you an idiot. But if you really believe that a developer that's pushed out nothing but F games is suddenly gonna pull out a triple A launch title?

I suggest seeing a therapist. Or maybe just check yourself into the happy hotel, and cut out the middle man. Schizophrenia is a very serious problem.

https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Ad_hominem

Primarily, anyway. The triple A thing is a bit of a Straw Man. No one was making that claim.

I dunno why I bring this up, since we're prone to argumentative fallacies all the time here. I just can't get away from it after the Hitler thing. We're usually pretty good at avoiding him. :wiggle:

Also, looking at DH's track record, of their three non-movie games, only one (FM: E) was actually universally panned. Silent Hill: Homecoming and MX vs. ATV Reflex were middle of the road to positive by both critics and the public.

Man I suppose this sets both sides up for an "I told you so!" depending on which way it ends up going. I'll probably forget about it by the time it comes out, but for now I'm more excited by that than the game itself.

Unless MS owns the IP, it may be ported to the PS4 eventually. Look at Bioshock and Mass Effect for example. Also, a game does not need to be competitive or balanced to be good. It just has to be fun. I am still skeptical whether Double Helix can pull it off though, given their history of game development. Like I said, I like the art direction, but I am not impressed with the gameplay footage. From the looks, and from what I have heard, the game is mashy.

I bought a 360 at launch. Then it died. Then I fixed it. Then it died. Then I can't fix it. Then I said "fuck it, I am buying a PS3". Then I bought a PS3. It never died.

I really hope we are moving towards dedicated servers. Now that we need PS+ for online play, I'd be disappointed if we are stuck with P2P.

ps4 controller is too anorexic and made for tiny japanese hands

im not even kidding that motherfucker told me that in chat

i said u havent even tried ps4 controller yet how do u know they will be small

that motherfucker said JAPS GOT TINY HANDS SO SONY HAS TO MAKE SMALL CONTROLLERS SO THEY FIT IN TINY JAP HANDS

I never felt like the PS1/2/3 Dualshock controllers were small to begin with. I've never really been uncomfortable holding an XBox controller either though (besides the VERY original). Duronix et al. probably just have wrist problems so they have to hold their controllers funny, which probably prevents them from being able to use a PS controller. That or they're probably dumb.

I have an insane amount of wrist problems (like 40% use of my arms left insane, proll less now smh) and I still never thought the ps1/2/3 controller was too small, ditto the xbox one even (altho not that weird original one you linked I dont think I ever used that one?)

I was thinking maybe he read that particular complaint somewhere else and it sounded reasonable, somehow, so he ran with it. I think this mainly cuz when I googled it I kept getting hits back about other ppl making this claim in regards to controllers hahaha

people