Queen Drac Wraith

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://armoredcoreun...93-lorem-ipsum/

Basically you should take a cue from this. Regardless if you defense test it or not I'd put a few weight tunes into A2 and UA. A2 tunes well for weight, and UA doesn't tune too well for defense, because it's already a defensive monster. That should get you another 5kph at least.

Edited by The OB Express

what about the LGL on quads do u not like? i can see being on the ground becoming an issue, but i plan on using the LGL as more of a mid range weapon and a cqb deterrent taking advantage of its stun, and ive got the PIXIE3 for close range combat where it will probably be harder to land LGL shots unless i already have a bead on my enemy.

Because it keeps you grounded, as you mentioned. It has a very fast lock, which is nice in general, but the simple fact that you have to stay grounded to spam it-- which is what it's good for, means it won't be very good and you'll be taking unneeded hits. Quads like to use hit and run weapons like Geryon3, GL. Tanks are better for more spam-oriented weapons like LGL, Geryon. Tanks are also better with 98G because it takes a really long time to lock on and line up your shots. Being able to lock on in the air with the 98G just means tanks have much more effective time to lock on with it compared to quads.

i see. well, i guess all i can do is test it on pvp when i can. i personally can see use of the LGL for helping to keep lighter ACs off me and if i can get a bead on them, deal good damage while the stun makes it hard to counter attack, unless the AC is something like another quad. i suppose if that doesnt work i have enough room for verts while still having enough speed to be competitive. i see the flaws with the LGL on a quad, but i think given some time i can make it work. i think the biggest issue i will have is getting a bead on my enemy especially if they are in the air, but once it gets a bead its a deadly weapon... something ive learned while fighting Causticity.

updated with frame modification

There's just a lot of wonky things I see on this AC.

Why not swap LGL out for the right-arm linear rifle? That way you can use it while moving around, not just on the ground, and still have a strong arm combo since Pix3 is not really the greatest. It would also free you up a back slot for some missiles, granted you'd have to work the weight around, but that would punish people for getting too close.

I dunno, this is just a rather odd AC.

I also vote for RL on this bot. I think it would be a good fit with the other weapons and has gobs of ammo to splatter all over your foes unsuspecting faces. You still have the beam cannon and the missiles which, along with the hand weapons gives you quite a few tentacles to attack with.

This gives me an idea for an AC...

it a little heavy, not as accurate as u make it out to be, doesnt fire quite fast enough to abuse the stun. its a thing of taste, i think i just need to test it, i could go to XS arms and keep around the same speed... but the defense decrease and AP under 9100 makes me sad. im just gonna have to play around with it.

i feel better with the R2 there, since its lighter and still very reliable. the way this is played is 69m.rm spam drop followed by g3 and r2/r3 for the rest of the game. simple, but it relies on hitting with the g3 (not a big deal to me, just got to learn to use it). as far as the rl goes, i put it on my hover to use the stun, but i didnt find the stun that helpful to me.