The Ravens' Voice - Armored Core Podcast

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow it's kinda hard to believe a bunch of you guys are still here 5-6 years later. Or this forum still exists. Does anyone still play AC? I never got into the current gen, can't see it happening either.

And LCC, dude, still in NB? I was watching some of our old AA matches so I started poking around the forums a bit. I'm in NS now.

Thought all you guys would be responsible adults and stuff now, no time for video game forums - and yet overall it looks a lot like the old days, haha.

Yeah nobody really talks about or plays AC any more. Niji is working on speedrunning AC2 single player 100% but that's about it.

I'm still in the same place in NB. Omnibot is still in Halifax too.

Ha, maybe we should try and do an old school AC VS for old times sake in the summer, presuming I can find a ps2 and the games for cheap. I'll probably be heading up that way at some point anyway.

Never met Omni but maybe we could talk him into it, might be fun to fire up the old AC games for a day or two of VS. Or not, if no one cares, haha.

I got really excited about kai when I heard PD got it working. That whole ordeal lasted only a couple weeks but the few matches we had were fun even tho we were both rusty as shit.

You and LCC playing a couple games again would be a little cool.

I'll actually be in Halifax May 31st for a fighting game tournament: https://www.facebook.com/events/251520035026327/

Omnibot (Ryan Maginley) is a blazblue monster so we've met a few times but really only played AC in person once. A couple other guys like the games but never took them too serious. If you decided to randomly show up there we could get some games in.

I'll think about it, but unless I have any luck digging up the old games and a PS2 somewhere for a reasonable price I'm not going to put in too much effort. Plus I'd need to mail you a memory card for the saves or something, no way am I going through all that stupid S rank and weird story paths for parts in SL-LR.

If I can find them I might be up for it, or if one of you guys can build a few of my old ACs, if it ends up being a show up and play with you guys supplying the gear. That's a hassle and not sure I'd want to bother - I'd rather put the ACs together myself anyway if I can. Not even sure I remember most of my old ACs, although our old youtube videos help.

We could easily set everything up if you wanted to come. The only game i have two copies of is LR (one being yours) and i'm sure Omnibot still has his stuff. I'd have no problem putting together a few ACs too, though it would be ideal if you were able to do it yourself for obvious reasons.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ Smooth, Stones.

They've been posting topics over at ACL about the various shows too but I wonder why they havn't been keeping up to date on ACU. :(

We're just loveless, aren't we? Well hey, check our recent discussion out; I think it's pretty relevant for the veterans out there:

http://theravensvoice.com/ (Episode = the most recent, Tricks of the Trade)

http://forum.armored...php?f=27&t=1146

^

Just harassed him this past weekend about it. The king of the hill/vault keeper game needs to end!

I caught wind of Harlequin's vids going down too...I should have some backups around, but the Midwest Tourney Video legacy has been a real debacle for years now. The MOC folks have bested us in this area for a long time.