Bloodborne

Clones

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're basically ditching all the shit that made getting together with friends on DS2 difficult. There's now a password you can set so that you can group up with people with the same password easier to connect with or some shit.

Yeah we should!

This is what I've been waiting to hear. Will report back in approximately 18 hours.

otherwise:

edit: CRAAAWWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIN

Edited by Nescient

we're technically a clan so it's w/e

besides fuck the rest of the community i don't care what anyone else does cuz if the game is fun i'm gonna fuck them all up clan or not

and we'll make videos too

i'll talk to my peoples fuck up everyone else and make videos with owen about fucking everyone up, all while ignoring the community because i hate AC fans and by extension everyone else

jackson u already got me on ur psn right? clones u should add me

i still gotta buy a ps4 but i'll get that done like...tmw maybe

Not like clans, more like the name engraved ring from DS2. Just minus the ring and done through the menu.

Im less worried about stream-lined co-op than PVP. I feel like they tried to redefine PvP with the souls series, and like… hit one outta the park, about 3 feet over the foul line… ye ken?

Nesc0owned count: 1, SEVEN… 10 (boss swine)

Werebears: -3

Havel-esque dude with huge axe: +…4….

u asshats better stream for nob

I DONT HAVE A PS4 YET

but i enjoy your suffering nob-san.

Game is game. I'm about 10 minutes in so far. Graphics are extreme as hell. For anyone thats watched the demo's I don't have much to offer… its a next-gen dark souls, period. Apparently someone at FROMSOFT has been listening though… Hitboxes seem to be far more concise… pace is notably faster (thank god…)

THE DODGE IS REAL FOLKS! lol… the "side-step" mechanic is beautiful, really a testament to all things fromsoft. Armor is gone (first enemy killed me in TWO HITS) but offense is cranked up big time. Stagger/stun-lock is clearly a big deal.

IF YOU HAVE YOUNG CHILDREN (seriously) save them the trauma… Opener scene has some dude in a fedora using that iconclastic (…) boner-saw cutting a dog in half up-close…

Weapons feel realistic and decidedly angry. I think from soft wants you to feel the pain, so the speak, as you dole it out.

Fingers crossed for a late-game havel-esque dealio… doubt its going to happen but MAN would it be nice to have… time will tell...

TLDR: Its dark souls. But its worth it, if u liked dark souls. Did I mention Fedorah?

Update:

So, basically everything that looks human is paper-mache… AI seems notably better than souls… tough-looking things tend to be tough, as in you're going to be encountering DS2 "boss-tier" enemies early on. Individually, nothing seems that tough but Horde-based AI has caught me with my pants down more than once. The dodge function is closer to a "free-run" button than souls-rolls. Its also got a somewhat forgiving "assist"… "Worthless Bag Of Skin" (deprived class) is not recommended for anyone averse to dieing often.

Number 1 rule is you're no tougher than anyone else that would ware a fedora in such times..

Number 2: be the blender…

Number 3: Stamina is everything…

4: BE PATIENT… enemies tend to appear in overwhelming numbers, and there are MANY well hidden "snipers" that are positioned to shoot you in the back if you don't stay focused on clearing everything in a methodical manner.

Edited by Nescient

I dunno about the mechanics or anything, but so far I'm just playing same pace as rest of souls games, 2h'ing the axe and kiting stuff/outranging them as they start their attacks.

What I do know is that the graphics in starting gothic looking city are spectacular. So much detail, sometimes it's like too much detail cause it just districts me cause I wanna stop every 10 secs and look around. The detail overload sure makes trying to spot ambushes harder.

Well what else you gonna do when there's no blocking lol

is this confirmed? The shield bearing enemies had me hoping for some sort of defensive option...

My only gripe with the game so far is the fixed LA quick-draw *guns* and RA melee… but i'm over it.

oh yeah *guns are a frigging JOKE. It seems dumb to me that i can pimp-stick the average werwolf to death in a few hits… Worse, the blunderbuss does less damage than the pistol???? WTF? IK japan is all about ninjas and ninjas are all about not using guns but W.T.F.

the bare-bones shotgun does about as much damage as fists...

Edited by Nescient