Bloodborne

Clones

Right now I just get the feeling that guns are basically used as a timing device to set up criticals-- just like the shield parry and then riposte-- it's literally exact same timing.

However, there's a whole stat dedicated to guns, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's not just limited to that, so I'm not going to be conclusive about guns-- or any other mechanic for that matter in Bloodborne.

I did get one of those wooden plank shields u see some baddies use, but it's basically useless. You still take damage through it, and even one single swipe from a weak guy staggers you. It's probably more for guarding against pistols and stuff.

Beat my 2nd boss! Died 3 times trying to do it :(

Oh yea and so far vs the regular enemies and bosses I've been playing relatively around the same pace as previous souls games. No scramble here.

Edited by DANTONIO THE DEMON

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm good point. Im sure end-game shet will be more satisfying. Still, i want wild wild west dual pistolas...

As far as criticals go, as far as i could tell its WAY easier to set those up with successive melee hits? Ranged weapons (other than molotovs… holy crap molotovs are nuke-tier…) seem like a last ditch line of defense when u need to make an opening in a large crowd or otherwise put space between fattys and ur weak ass character… The hunter pistol was hitting for ~20 damage with enough ROF to basically stun-lock scrubs, which i guess is ok but still… guns are like… y'know… better than swords...

I ran outta gas after rekin bosswine on my first real try (for those not in chat, piggy BSed me while i was talking shit).

just remember kids, pimp cain is a pimp chain. ftw.

edit: this game needs a rambow… cant wait for the flamethrower i seent in oroboros demo tho...

Edited by Nescient

Well what else you gonna do when there's no blocking lol

That's not the point. I was simply suggesting that this game is another one of FROM's "make it faster" answers to evolving a franchise.

Like I said earlier, I enjoy the game. I just don't want FROM to set this franchise up the same way it did AC and ultimately ruin it. I will say that clearly this attempt at evolution has been executed far better than their more recent attempts with AC. At least the design choices made appear to make sense. The boss fights are def more intense, but some of that is alleviated literally by spamming your dodge.

Edited by Rachis

The boss fights are def more intense, but some of that is alleviated literally by spamming your dodge.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/37/f4/13/37f413bec1044014345799fcfe3995c2.jpg

I've seen that happen in a few 3rd Person ARPGs. Kingdom Hearts for example.

I learned something interesting about Bloodborne's music today. The main composers are Michael Wandmacher & Tsukasa Saitoh. The second guy? He did some of the music for AC3 and Silent Line.

that's interesting, did u see any interviews from either of those doods talking about the music? I wonder if there are any

I just gotta say it, Bloodborne looks fucking awesome and I'm really bummed I don't have a PS4 right now.

Also lack of blocking is cool with me, I could probably count the total number of times I've actually blocked an attack in dks2 with my hands, I just prefer dodging cus it feels cool and keeps things moving. Although yeah if its effectiveness is op then it would lose its luster.

That's cool regarding the music AC3 and SL are my two fav AC soundtracks. I've had cleric boss theme stuck in my head ever since I watched 90 stream fight last night, I love it.

Edited by Nomrah

I've always 2 handed a weapon, so the whole no shield thing is fine by me, and I'm not even really using my guns all that much-- if at all-- for right now.

So far loving the axe 2 handed. I tried out the hammer and sword, but not digging the moveset too much so sticking to 2 handed axe.

http://vgmdb.net/artist/681 That's the guy, Tsukasa Saitoh. He also worked with a bunch of other composers on the soundtrack. Just be wary if you guys do happen to look at the Bloodborne ost as it does contain spoilers.

Currently, I'm using the cane and axe. Though I picked up the rifle spear recently, probably gonna use that as well.

I've killed five bosses so far. Really enjoying how spaced out they are. Ds2 at times felt like boss fight after boss fight. I'd say the spacing between the bosses is akin to Demon's Souls spacing oddly enough.

I've found out that the insight stat not only determines your online play and ability to buy stuff from the one vendor in the Dream, but it also seems to affect the difficulty of other monsters (and possibly even bosses).

While playing around in the Cathedral Ward, I was puzzled by how at some times the enemies would have regular weapons and attacks, but other times their weapons would be enchanted, and they would gain new attacks. For instance, the two church guys guarding the main door of the Cathedral would either have their weapons without an enchantment, or with a reddish enchantment. Same applied for a couple of them walking the streets and having their lanterns shoot out homing magic or not.

So long story short, there are thresholds of insight where the game becomes more difficult as a punishment? for you doing too well and collecting more insight.

No I think it's the other way around. The more insight you have the easier you get frenzied. I noticed a difference vs the frenzy guys guarding the cathedral when I had higher insight.

You can use your insight to buy stuff off the insight vendor in hunter's dream, and you can also just waste it by requesting help, and having them never come lol.

I believe having more insight means you'll be able to summon more people I think. Lately I've just been going through the Chalice Dungeons. Fun stuff, the bosses they specifically made for the dungeons are pretty cool.