ACU 3S VSGC Fall 2014 Tournament

Harakiri Tiger

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I thought it was real money. Saw somebody on twitch chat saying it was real money to somebody else last year, lol. Saltybucks not even worth $0.001? It be funny if SBs became real currency like bitcoins.

Thanks for the explanation on betting. Now I know what the odds thing means.

Edited by Fragrant

Here is an example video of how a match between two players in the VSGC will look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlthqx5aCXw

I lost a lot of time last night working on other stuff, including that video. The betting topic won't be totally finished because of that, but the important parts will be done. I intend to open up betting by tonight, midnight central. Also we'll be using a system highly similar to SaltyBet, yes.

Odds will be determined based on how much is bet on things. I want to avoid inflating money totals too fast and I want there to be a price for all-in bets. If you bet badly you'll get wrecked. That means if people bet 3000mt on 90 and 2000mt on Exorcet that the odds will be 1.5:1. Effectively, the people who lose get their money taken and it gets split up between the winning betters. The winners get a portion of the winning pot equal to the ratio of their original bet to the total bet on their side.

Originally I was gonna make the starting money 1000mt and the safety net 250mt, so that if you bankrupt for any reason you automatically get 250mt back whenever the refresh occurs. Nob and I argued about it some though and I've decided to put the safety net at 500mt instead. It means all-ins and bad betting will still get you wrecked if you're not careful, but they won't hurt quite so much as my original idea had them hurting. Also the safety net only currently refreshes after an entire Round of 8, Round 4 Winners and Losers, etc. Basically it refreshes once a week, so you can't just all-in every match. If you all-in on 90 vs Exxon you won't have any cash to play with on the other three Round of 8 fights.

If that system ends up not working too well, we'll swap out for something different.

Oh sorry, forgot a thing someone asked. Yes, you can bet on yourself. Competitors can't bet on their opponent in the VSGC tho. If it looks like you threw a match in the tournament you'll be DQ'd from the tournament and the bets won't count for that fight. Barebones betting topic coming super soon!

:mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt:

Betting is open for the VSGC now, you may place bets on matches in Round 1W. You may use the betting topic to place your bets or you can PM them to me, though public betting is preferred.

IMPORTANT BETTING INFORMATION REGARDING THIS VSGC TOURNAMENT

Remember that you can not bet on your opponent if you are participating in the tournament. Also remember that the safety net refreshes after each week of matches. You only have 1000mt to bet on these four matches.

You must place your bets on all of these matches before the 13th. Bets will be accepted up to midnight central time of the 12th. Bet withdrawal is only legal up to four hours before that, so 8pm central on the 12th. In other words, you may add to your bet after 8pm or place a new bet but you can not withdraw a bet after that period.

Please remember that betting is for fun and doesn't actually reward any real prize. Have fun with it, do crazy stuff.

The fights and their participants:

• SUMERIAN BLOOD GOD vs Exorcet
  • ShoryShory vs Fukei
  • Nomrah vs Fragrant
  • Top Notch Penis vs facebataraxis

Here are a couple things I do not like.

Matches should be best of 3 matches, with each match being best of 3 rounds. Matches being just best of 3 rounds is way too fast. There's a reason why all major fighting game tournaments use the best of 3 match format, and then double elimination.

I know this is different because we have 3 characters each, but there's only 8 of us. We're not exactly trying to manage time here.

Second, when it comes to time. I believe the original idea was to have this span multiple weekends? I don't see why. Consider that sample match you put up between you and Ataraxis. You guys blew through your characters in only 6 minutes. I'll be generous and say an average match this way takes 8 minutes, and a waiting time of around 7 minutes is needed between player fights so that you can arrange the next to players. That's 15 minutes per fight, 4 fights in the first round-- one hour for the first round. Second round will take 30 minutes. Finals will take 15 minutes. Losers bracket will take the same amount of time. That's 3 hours at most for the tournament . Why does that have to be run through multiple weekends. There's a chance I might not even be here for one of those weekends, depending on how drawn out the tournament is.

With best of 3 matches, it will roughly make the tournament 2-3x longer. Then, you could spread the tournament out over a 2 days of a weekend, and you'd still be fine.

I agree but I think your time estimates for first round are probably off. Assuming each match goes 3 rounds and each round is a time out (total time 5 minutes for a full best of 3) then that's 9 fights per matchup and a total of 45 minutes. Obviously that's not gonna happen but I think saying average matchup will last 8 minutes is too optimistic.

I think I can win, just as long as nobody here can do 50% of your health meter combos, lol. That evo stuff right there. If shory shory is as strong as they say he is, and is at least half or a quarter that level, it'll be a tough match. Edited by Fragrant