MT's anyone like them over AC's?

Wait, I missed this part of the first post before.

I'm a big fan of the MT and would love to see a game based on useing them. I think there over looked cuz there very EZ to kill.

There slow but some are a lot better. If

Uh, bull fucking shit. Point me to one MT in the series, even a massive MT, that's any better than an AC. There's a reason the lamewad protagonist always beats them.

The only MT that might even arguably have an edge on a fully-geared AC is the massive MT from Another Age, and he's still too slow and clunky to be able to shut down an AC.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only MT that might even arguably have an edge on a fully-geared AC is the massive MT from Another Age, and he's still too slow and clunky to be able to shut down an AC.

Now now. Grey Cloud was only beatable by abusing the terrain. On an even slightly more open map I doubt even the best of us would be able to take it down.

Now now. Grey Cloud was only beatable by abusing the terrain. On an even slightly more open map I doubt even the best of us would be able to take it down.

IIRC, it wasn't too hard to just overboost your way through the missiles, it's just that no one did it when they never had to. Cover was just so much easier to abuse.

I beat this thing on hard with nothing but the Nazi stormtrooper laser rifle and the ammo pack (which wouldn't even be necessary on normal). It's really not difficult at all, especially not if you just stay under him most of the time. Where did you find out its name, in any case?

Its missiles weren't the problem. The rapid-fire grenade launcher was. Didn't it have a plasma cannon too? Or am I confusing it for the Leviathan.

The grenades that couldn't hit you if you were beneath or behind it, whereupon you could still easily hit him. The plasma cannon was Leviathan, and I think it was only in the Nexus incarnation. The LR version was truthfully pretty barebones, and while I may just be remembering it wrong, I think it was a lot smaller as well. I'll agree that AA's massive MT is rad as fuck, and it's probably the best massive MT in the series. Unfortunately, that's due in no small part to how weak the competition is.

AC2's massive disorder unit was really cool, though. It was piss-easy, but admittedly, it was pretty intimidating. The coolest part is that it was at the site of one of your first missions in a wall passage that was freshly busted open, so upon seeing it, you were just like "HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS THING WAS HERE THE WHOLE TIME?!"

AC3's was alright as well, but it still felt comparatively underwhelming just because it was like a lame version of AA's. Then again, show me something in AC3's single player that wasn't a lame version of AC2 or AA.

What's Grey Cloud?

I think the coolest MTs in the entire series were the ninja doods from AC1 and those experimental ones in AA that you have to be the test bed for. By the end those things were pretty ripped and iirc they looked neat.

Edited by Penguin Deus

The grenades that couldn't hit you if you were beneath or behind it, whereupon you could still easily hit him.

I'd sure like to know how you pull that off considering Grey Cloud moves at near-OB speeds and out of the area constantly. :o

What's Grey Cloud?

Grey Cloud is the MMT you encounter twice in Another Age.

Edited by Griffon

Is that the one that flies real high in the sky?

Altaire's right you definitely can get on top of the fag. That thing wasn't hard at all.

Sounds to me like you're thinking of the one from Silent Line that interrupts your enhanced generator test.

My favorite MT is in Silent Line, the ones that look like ACs, in that one mission were terrorist take control of a building, going up one level after another, until you fight a 1v1 battle against the terrorist leader, an AC.