StarCraft II Topic

Metalkon

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh ok I had no idea. Thanks Niji. My code is 405.

And yeah Infestors are pretty dope. The ability to hurt just about any unit when in numbers is pretty good. I see them as the zerg version of the science vessel in that they have some answers for a lot of things.

Hellions can get focus fired hard though so they are really only good for early eco harass. They tend to fail against early ranged units like stalkers, roaches, and marauders because of the armor so yeah. If you can get the Hellions out before those units so that they are dealing with workers, zerglings/banelings, and zealots then they will do their job well enough.

You have to keep in mind too that you would have to go for a fast factory which isn't necessarily the most stable build to work with and it pretty much means committing to a mech army if you are going to make that investment. It's a bit pricey early too so if it doesn't work you will certainly be behind on economy which is never a good thing. Terran are just so much better at starting off stable with marines/marauders to win early engagements and setting up for drops around the time T2 units would be coming out.

Edited by Rachis

I always thought they'd be good for mixed ground groups because they can shoot through lines of dudes and really hose light units.

But I'm wondering if the change of upgrade from increased attack to increased attack speed might make them more viable for micro'ing.

Nah Hellions, like vultures before them, are only going to be good on their own and hitting the enemy where it hurts. They are far too fragile for what they do to be used in your main army. And again they only get their bonus damage against light units (zerglings/banelings, marines, zealots) so the likelihood of them working with your main army is very slim.

I would say it's feasible to have some ready to go for counterattacks when the main army is distracted, but if you are already producing marines/mauraders/siege tanks/medivacs then why would you go for anything other than drops?

Also

You have to keep in mind too that you would have to go for a fast factory which isn't necessarily the most stable build to work with and it pretty much means committing to a mech army if you are going to make that investment. It's a bit pricey early too so if it doesn't work you will certainly be behind on economy which is never a good thing. Terran are just so much better at starting off stable with marines/marauders to win early engagements and setting up for drops around the time T2 units would be coming out.

It doesn't mean that necessarily; there are plenty of options for T after going for an early fac unlike BW where a fac will pretty strictly limit what you can expect. SC2 T can still transition to a lot of things ranging from banshees to expands for early game (smoothly at that). I'm also pretty sure that T isn't going to behind in economy--harvester count maybe, but not income because of mules. After whatever early game they went for, Terran is probably more likely to go for bio-mech with medivacs over pure mech.

I was referring to vultures/hellions being very similar to each other in how micro intensive they are. I know vultures that vultures need more micro though and that they are capable of fighting a wider variety of units then hellions are though. And of course spider mines are just too dope. Hellions will never compare as a unit.

And ok Niji. I'm pretty much only speaking from what I've seen so far in vids so thanks for the corrections.

Edited by Rachis

Terran mech has always sucked.

There's literally nothing it counters. Vultures/hellions are SUPPOSED to counter light units with good micro, but everything they counter is faster than them, and everything they don't counter is basically 90% of the game units. They're useless. And spider mines are pathetic. They're buggy and pretty much worthless unless you turtle.

Siege tanks sucked before, and they suck now. They take so long to deploy, they don't get their maximum range unless you spot for them, any decent moron can simply split their forces and avoid all the splash damage, you can just run up to them and make them useless, and they're money sinks just to add insult to injury. They do abysmal damage to light units, and they can't do jack against most armored units (units they're SUPPOSED to counter) because each armored unit has a way to bypass them entirely. It's no different, whether in SC1 or Sc2.

Thors and Goliaths suck no matter what you're fighting against. You're better off making air units, since neither of them is worth their cost. The only thing Thors counter is mutalisks, and they can magic box. Otherwise you're better off making marauders, since they have more DPS for their cost. Goliaths can't counter anything, and if you say "armored air targets" I'm gonna laugh at you like a retarded child. When a protoss has carriers, 200/200 food worth of Goliaths won't even save you, because he can kite you all day while you try and aim for the main ship.

you faggots thought I didn't focus fire, did you?

Wraiths and Vikings are pathetic as well, because they do terrible ground damage and even worse air damage. Cost for cost they get beaten by every other race's air units. They can't counter anything either. Wraiths are paper thin and can't hold themselves in a fight, and they aren't even fast enough to run away. Vikings can't even counter brood lords, because he'll have corruptors and mutas protecting them.

The one bastion of hope was the Terran Battlecruiser from Starcraft 1. That thing was truly a beast and in theory it could tangle with the likes of the other race's massive units. A pity it had more counters than any unit in the game, thus making it hard to use. (defilers, hydralisks, mutalisks, scouts, carriers, marines, corsairs, basically any unit that could shoot up). And just to add insult to injury, they buried it under nerfs in SC2. Despite the recent speed upgrade, it's still not worth using over well micro'd vikings or thors.

People cry that Terrans are overpowered because of the marines and marauders that people use everygame, while ignoring the VAST underpowered traits of the Terran mech. And that's sad. Worse, since the expansions are gonna make Terrans even weaker, ONCE AGAIN Terrans will be the only race that takes any skill to play. They're the only race that requires micro instead of "HUR DUR ATTACK+MOVE TO VICTORY".

It's tough to play Terran.

Edited by Pendragon

Well, you need 1000 minerals worth of barracks walloffs to make the siege tank anything but a joke. And even then, protoss can just drop reavers on your with dropships, hallucinating half of them so your air units fire at the wrong ones. Hope you got detection!

Zerg meanwhile can just spam dark swarm and they can literally move into your base and suffer no damage whatsoever. Combined with lurkers, they can break any wall you make and you can't do jack against them.

Yes, you can move your units back, BUT OH NOES HE CAN JUST MAKE MORE DARK SWARMS. GUESS YOU LOSE BY DEFAULT HURRR DURRRR

If you like attack+moving into your enemy with no effort, play zerg or protoss. If you have half a brain, try Terran.

Also, one more thing I should bring up:

THE ONLY UNIT THAT DOES FRIENDLY DAMAGE IN ALL OF STARCRAFT 2. Psi storm and fungal don't count since you can control where they go and you can choose to not use them if your enemy is close. Siege tanks? NOPE, they fire automatically and you have to either let the splash kill your units or unsiege which gives them the advantage.

And you wonder why people always accuse you of being a retard.

Cool counterargument bro. Oh wait, you didn't make one.

Edited by Pendragon

Why would I want to provide a counterargument? I'd be wasting my time with someone who has consistently shown to be a dumbass in regards to starcraft balance and bias.

Cool counterargument bro. Oh wait, you didn't make one.

That was no counterargument, that was just a flat-out insult. Get with the flow son!

Edited by TMRaven

Pen if you watch flash and slayer_s boxer, two of the most formiddable terran players to grace starcraft, you'll find yourself eating those two posts. Seriously check them out. I spend far more time watching than playing and I.can tell you you're just plain wrong. Edited by Rachis