StarCraft II Topic

Metalkon

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like Blizzard should die in a giant flame and then be reborn like a Phoenix, except it would be reincarnated to a state equivalent to 1999/2000 Blizzard.

EDIT: BE CAREFUL OF POISONOUS FRUITS KIDS! THEY'LL KILL YOU.

I just don't understand them. Glitches and exploits like sockfolding used to be a big part of competitive SC. If hold lurkers, the larva trick, sliding through mineral lines, or worker drills existed in SC2 they'd probably get taken out in a patch. Actually, I'm not sure if the worker drill is impossible or not. My point still stands though. It seems like if enough people grief about it then it gets patched.

Sockfolding would let you mine about 15 extra minerals in the first two minutes of the game. It's enough to let you make your first building a wee bit faster, by about 3-5 seconds. There really was absolutely no reason to remove sockfolding besides the purposeful intent to make skill levels between players even more ambigious. But that is Blizzards stated goal.

It was named after the TL user that sort of popularized it. His name was Sockfolder. Thus, sockfolding.

EDIT: Here.

EDIT #2: The first reply is grand.

Ahh fml

Now I have to do work in the first few minutes. Amazing find though

Edit: Actually, the real fml moment would be if Blizz patched this.

Edited by Gary the Tennis Coach

I got this game. It's awesome. Playing campaign. I haven't played an rts since warcraft II lol. I wasn't great at it. Any tips?

EDIT: btw, how do you see replays? I read this topic and saw someone (niji I think) post some replays.

EDIT 2: nvm. there's instructions.

Edited by Ethos

The only thing you need to win campaign is mass marines and medics with upgrades. Multi won't have half the units you get in campaign tho. Edited by LCC

Really? Hmm, i'll have to look into what units terrans can use. All in all though, protoss and zergs look more interesting to me. I went to the ny comicon and they were running a SC2 tourney up in the big screen and damn. Finals were this protoss player vs zerg. Protoss dude had these huge things firing lasers at the ground units. Fucked everything up. Looked dope as hell on the giant screen.

Anyway I'm leaning towards being a protoss player when I do mp. I'm sort of hesitant due to pylons being needed to power buildings, it seems like a huge drawback. Then again, I've never played safe overall in games anyway. Fuck terrans. Defense is for pussies. Zergs are badasses cause they don't give a shit. Russssssshhhhhh!!

Don't think about races in terms of drawbacks like needing drones to make buildings/pylons to power shit/spamming nigh useless depots. The games are already designed with economy balance in mind so just play with what you like/are most comfortable with. Pylons are pretty manly to begin with cause you can throw one halfway across the map and warp in units to it.

These are the patch notes I found directly from TeamLiquid.

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty – Patch 1.1.2

General

* Players will no longer receive achievement toasts while their status is set to "Busy."

* The messaging when attempting to load a saved game or replay from a previous version has been clarified

* Adjusted the amount of points earned and lost by random team participants to properly reflect the strength of a player's teammates.

Balance

* PROTOSS

o Buildings

+ Nexus life and shields increased from 750/750 to 1000/1000.

o Void Ray

+ Damage level 1 increased from 5 to 6 (+4 armored).

+ Damage level 2 decreased from 10 (+15 armored) to 8 (+8 armored).

+ Flux Vanes speed upgrade bonus decreased from 1.125 to 0.703.

* TERRAN

o Buildings

+ Barracks requirement changed from Command Center to Supply Depot.

+ Supply Depot life increased from 350 to 400.

o Medivac

+ Acceleration reduced from 2.315 to 2.25.

+ Speed reduced from 2.75 to 2.5.

o Reaper

+ Nitro Packs speed upgrade now has a Factory Requirement.

o Thor

+ Energy bar removed.

+ 250mm Strike Cannons is now cooldown-based on a 50-second cooldown. Ability starts with cooldown available (useable immediately after upgrade is researched).

o Marauder

+ Damage output has been increased from +10 (+10 armored) to +15 (+15 armored)

* ZERG

o Buildings

+ Hatchery life increased from 1250 to 1500.

+ Lair life increased from 1800 to 2000.

+ Spawning Pool life increased from 750 to 1000.

+ Spire life increased from 600 to 850.

+ Ultralisk Cavern life increased from 600 to 850.

o Corruptor

+ Energy bar removed.

+ Corruption is now cooldown-based on a 45-second cooldown. Ability starts with cooldown expired (must wait for full 45-second cycle before usable).

o Infestor

+ Fungal Growth now prevents Blink.

o Roach

+ Range increased from 3 to 4.

Bug Fixes

* Fixed an issue where players could not cast the Feedback spell on Point Defense Drones.

* Fixed an issue where the Phoenix would continue to channel Graviton Beam after the target died.

* Fixed an issue that would cause Larvae to spawn and be hidden behind Zerg eggs.

* Fixed an issue where players were unable to navigate to the Single Player page or watch replays after canceling map downloads from the queue.

* Fixed a desync that could occur on user-created maps with custom mod dependencies.

I actually kinda like these changes, but this has severely nerfed the nuke. Oh well. The zerg got a BIG buff and this will likely prevent buildings from being sniped.

Oh, and the marauder buff is fake. I just wanted to see if anyone noticed I put that in there. :3
Edited by Pendragon

I wouldn't pay for them (especially at the $50-$80 he's charging) but I think it's a pretty cool idea. Going over what is provided along with the lesson makes the price semi-justifiable; it's a lot of time and effort on their part and it's fairly in-depth.

I doubt anyone here is interested in these; I just thought it was a cool thing to take note of.