Modern Warfare 2

Bakuhatsu Pengin

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

??? I'll assume that'll make more sense later. With the SCAR-Hs low rate of fire you actually have to aim, and well. It can't spray for crap unless you sneak attack. Thought at mid range There isn't much that can beat it ADS. Mini-Uzi, still, to me is the average SMG, I only use it for looks, otherwise it'd be a Vector. With a Mini-Uzi you actually have to dmg race. It takes more than the usually 1 second to drop someone, considering that at range SP & silencer cancel out. And I end up using it at all ranges, from the guy who just scared the crap out of me with a missed knife, to the annoying sniper on the Highrise roof. I guess it's too accurate, idk.

I'm thinking I may have a new idea for a glockimbo class, those are so very much fun.

Edited by Vincent210

No you don't really have to aim any differently than you do every other weapon in the game. Up close you just hold the fire like everything else and at range its an easy burst kill. If you are shooting at a stationary target you can even just double tap it and you will get the kill. It's that easy and the weapon is that accurate.

MiniUzi can kill quick as fuck.

So I'm still waiting to see what makes you so special because of those two weapons.

No you don't really have to aim any differently than you do every other weapon in the game. Up close you just hold the fire like everything else and at range its an easy burst kill. If you are shooting at a stationary target you can even just double tap it and you will get the kill. It's that easy and the weapon is that accurate.

MiniUzi can kill quick as fuck.

So I'm still waiting to see what makes you so special because of those two weapons.

Since when does anybody stay still? even campers are jittery sometimes. That just stuck out for me. Movement is key.

Other than that, at a farther distance (example being the empty Favela street leading downhill) the kick finally starts to show, and is quite enough to harm aim, and slow-rate of fire gets very annoying. The fire rate has more of an effect at the extreme ranges (very long and cqc) mostly. Plus I never said I was special. I play because I want to. Not because I was gifted by gaming gods. And again, other SMGs kill faster than Mini-Uzi, excepts maybe the Vector but the recoil trade off makes it better IMO. Either way its not like I'm being handed kills. Mostly the way I play if I don't see you 1st I'm gone. SCAR-H compared to most other ARs sits about even. It takes fewer bullets, but fires slower, M4 and ACR beat it in accuracy, TAR is the same power faster, AK is more fun, and FAL & F2000 are just weird. They act like different guns so I don;t compare them to other ARs. I use the SCAR-H because it's a balance between the characteristics of other guns. It works for me, but by no means is a beat-all gun. I prefer the M4 when I'm more mobile, but to me a SCAR-H is best when I have to play defense.

Edited by Vincent210

Oh boy. I'm gonna get SOOO flames for this. I decided to try the M16A4 today. And boy, does it kick ass. I try not to be a dick with it, but that's hard with a gun that's like the FAMAS on steroids. I like the irons, so I don't plan on using a scope, but here's the class I run:

M16A4 + Masterkey

Stinger

Semtex

Flashbang x2

Scavenger Pro (may change - was there for GL. Don't need it now)

Cold Blooded Pro

SitRep

Final Stand

I decides on shotgun over GL because using the M203 on this class would be a slap in the face to the MW2 community, and because it covers a vulnerability in CQC. The M16 can handle medium and long range, but it's a little iffy (for me anyway) in CQC. Stinger because my primary covers everything besides anti-air. Scavenger Pro was for the M203, but as I said, I no longer use that. Marathon, maybe? CB Pro to work with Stinger, plus IMO it's the best Red perk. SitRep because it's one of the few perks I haven't gone Pro on, and because it's saved my ass more than once.

Actually, the Masterkey has been quite helpful. It's saved my ass in situations where I woulda been tucked with the M16, M203, or a Shotty scondary. Plus, people doomt expect to get shotgunned by an Assaul Rifle, which is intersting. I got called a hacker using it. Anyway, I was just trying to not be a total dickhead by using the M16 AND the GL. Anyway, going to switch perk 1 to Marathon Pro.

Since when does anybody stay still? even campers are jittery sometimes. That just stuck out for me. Movement is key.

I see people not moving all the time. You see it all the time too.

Other than that, at a farther distance (example being the empty Favela street leading downhill) the kick finally starts to show, and is quite enough to harm aim, and slow-rate of fire gets very annoying. The fire rate has more of an effect at the extreme ranges (very long and cqc) mostly.

The SCAR is one of the better ranged weapons and its cqc potential equals that of the UMP which is somewhat slower, but nothing to make it significantly inferior in anyway to other weapons. The recoil in this game is also nothing to complain about either. We have it really easy in MW2. If you are that concerned about recoil in this game you need to pop CoD4 back in and try to hack it again in there. I guarantee you will see that MW2 is very easy in comparison and that the SCAR is incredibly manageable. This "kick" isn't a problem at all. I think you should relearn your weapons and/or the game because you don't seem to know them very well.

And again, other SMGs kill faster than Mini-Uzi, excepts maybe the Vector but the recoil trade off makes it better IMO.

Not surprisingly, you are wrong about this as well. The MiniUzi is a very capable killer. When you exercise some control no SMG can match the MiniUzi's best. The MiniUzi is also an incredibly capable ranged weapon when equipped with the ACOG. I've seen it done on multiple occasions. The ability is there. Just because some other SMG's are easier doesn't make them better. The Vector is also the worst SMG in the game so your opinion doesn't matter. It's killing ability is garbage compared to most other weapons in the game let alone in its class. I can kill faster with pistols.

Either way its not like I'm being handed kills. Mostly the way I play if I don't see you 1st I'm gone. SCAR-H compared to most other ARs sits about even. It takes fewer bullets, but fires slower, M4 and ACR beat it in accuracy, TAR is the same power faster, AK is more fun, and FAL & F2000 are just weird. They act like different guns so I don;t compare them to other ARs. I use the SCAR-H because it's a balance between the characteristics of other guns. It works for me, but by no means is a beat-all gun. I prefer the M4 when I'm more mobile, but to me a SCAR-H is best when I have to play defense.

SCAR-H isn't even. It consistently kills faster than the M4, ACR, and AK47. It conserves more ammo than the TAR, has a greater consistent range than the TAR, and is only slightly outpaced by the TAR. It is more reliable than the FAL. It outclasses the F2000 almost completely unless you learn to use the F2000 the way its supposed to be run in which case the F2000 gains great headshot ability and greater cqc power than any SMG available. The SCAR-H can put up a tremendous fight against all weapons. It's the reason why its one of the more heavily favored weapons in the game. Also by stating that you usually only win your fights if you see the guy first proves why you feel the need to run the SCAR. It's ability to put guys down when you fire first is unmatched against all other automatic weapons.

I prefer the M4 because I can win those battles where I don't see the guy first. Rate of Fire is very important to my style and in winning battles. If I see the target first then by the time they notice, if at all, all my rounds for the kill are already on the way. If I don't see them first then I can outpace or match the rounds they've fired in my direction and I tend to be one of the more accurate players online as it is so I'm able to disrupt people in that fashion.

You can't make excuses for one of the best weapons in the game like you are. You're a little slower. That's fine and a perfectly reasonable explanation for running that weapon. Just don't feed us the bullshit you have been. You did it at ACOi and now you're doing it here. It's getting old.

the SCAR is not a cqc beast. the low mag cap and ammo altogether mean you probably wont make it past 1 person in CQC before the next guy comes around and kills your weakened self while you try to reload or switch weapons. also, the low ROF means less chances of hitting the person, both ADS and from hip.

SCAR has low ammo. you get 60 rounds per spawn without scav or OMA, meaning if you plan on living long youre going to have to depend on picking up up weapons constantly or scav/OMA.

only slightly outpaced by the TAR? what?

the tar is the second most powerful gun in the game in terms of DPS (MP5k being the fastest)

750ROF vs 630ROF is a huuuuge difference.

low mag cap means less rape to go around and more reloading.

slightly less accurate than ACR/M4 and lower ROF. M4 and ACR have 30 rounds as well, meaning more rape to go around and less reloading, plus 30 extra bullets per spawn

F2k is just shit. not worth comparing

AK47 has higher ROF and more ammo for not much more recoil.

AK47/TAR have power over the SCAR and M4/ACR have better accuracy/consistiency, and every weapon has more ammo.

the recoil amounts between the more powerful ARs is somewhat miniscule. weapons with higher recoil get higher ROF and can kill targets faster granted most all your bullets hit (which they should, unless you suck at aiming)

also, the scar is pretty much outclassed by the UMP. more ammo, faser movement, free silencer; all traded for slightly more recoil and less power over range (still a 3SK)

sure, the scar is good, but it isnt that good. IMO all teh ARs are fairly well balanced, besides maybe the TAR and F2K. those are the only 2 that stick out as far as automatic.

FAL, M16, and FAMAS arent really comparable since the firing mode is completely different.

EDIT:

uzi is a great SMG. it balances consitiency with fairly low recoil and killpower with great ROF. its like what the F2K wishes to be.

though again, SMGs are very well balanced, since none of them completely excel over the other

MP5k has sheer killpower

vector has great ROF and low recoil (also, literally the best akimbo SMG)

P90 has insane mag cap for respectable power and accuracy

UMP has great consistiency and should really be classified as an AR

Edited by noob

What game are you playing where you can't kill more than 1 person with the SCAR? Are you that terrible? I suppose though if that were the case you just neutered your whole ammo problem anyways that you seem to be really fascinated about. I mean if you think about it...if you are worried about an extra 30 rounds of ammo then how many rounds exactly are you spending on 1 person? Edited by Wrenchis

I think you misinterpreted him. He was speaking about CQC. You really have to spray with the SCAR-H in CQC since the low rate of fire means that it misses more at that range, due to the fact that the more the target moves, the less bullets are making contact, which when combined with the fact that your firing slow in the first place means your that much less likely to be firing a bullet at the exact moment you line up with them. It's why I don't think it really holds well at CQC. RoF is more important than power in closer quarters. I mean, the UMP is the one SMG that falls short in the CQC department, though it excels most everywhere else. So what I think he was saying is that if forced into CQC you'll probably only get one person.

And okay fine. The Mini-Uzi kills fast. My point, I kill faster with other SMGs. If that's just me fine, but P90 has more RoF and I THINK, idk since I don;t really test these things, does about the same damage. meaning it drops people faster, and with a bigger MAG, that means it outclasses the Uzi just about everywhere. Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I switch between both constantly, accuracy is the same, that I will atest for (unless Rapid Fire changes accuracy, it's how I recently started running the P90)

Mini-Uzi is a good gun, but I place the P90 & UMP above it IMO. Which leaves it middle.

Stuff I will Admit to be true:

Also by stating that you usually only win your fights if you see the guy first proves why you feel the need to run the SCAR. It's ability to put guys down when you fire first is unmatched against all other automatic weapons.

Sure. With a SCAR, if I see them first they normally don't get a chance to fire back. With say the M4, They have a chance to get my screen red before they've hit the floor, leaving me a target to anyone who was covering there back.

If you are that concerned about recoil in this game you need to pop CoD4 back in and try to hack it again in there. I guarantee you will see that MW2 is very easy in comparison and that the SCAR is incredibly manageable.

Tried in curiosity, and all I have to say is thank you, because playing reminded me of a trick I use for accuracy. So now my SCAR-H is a laser beam. That and I remembered how much I serverly miss old school mode...

[The Vector's] killing ability is garbage compared to most other weapons in the game let alone in its class. I can kill faster with pistols.

Sure its a slow killer, but its a laser-beam. It's a bigger TMP, with less-blocky sights. Best for surprise attacks, or another way of using it is just taking advantage of laser-beam accuracy to round up head-shots. Your right it's weak, but you cannot deny it's accuracy I would assume.

Edited by Vincent210

the uzi actually has a higher rof than the p90

really, i only use hte vector for akimbo. i used to use it as a single weapon but it feels a little too weak for me.

you should try akimbo though. the kill time is literally the fastest of all other SMGs without SP (besides the MP5k, but the lower rof and longer reload make it less attractive, especially since it only takes out one bullet from killing hte person)

it shreds shotgunners, SMG users, knifewhores, and anyone you can get close to. great for handling corners and teh kill range is farther than youd think.

the reload feels like you have SoH on, it is so abnormally fast

just run it with marathon LW and SA. i like running akimbo glocks as a sidearm for the akimbo vectors, but use whatever.

of course your acuracy stat will start going to shit but who cares about that?

everyone thinks akimbo P90s are the best, but they are pretty much the worst. lowest ROF between the 3 4SK SMGs and long reload. the only reason its good is because of hte ridiculous mag cap, which is pretty useless, especially compared to the vector's blazing reload speed.

^ sounds about right. I picked it up at 1st and was confused. I then moved on to being unimpressed, and then decided it sucked. I'd think there's a certain way to use it, but it does everyone rose than every other gun except maybe cqc, and then your better off with ANY other SMG, or pistols.

The recoil makes it too hard to use at range, and the rate of fire and weird sway makes it too inaccurate to spray up close with. The only way to "be good" with it is to pick up another weapon. However, it and the AK47 are the only ARs I don't have mastery on, and I haven't unlocked the AK yet.

Headquarters Rape Class

Riot Shield

.44 Magnum w/ Tac Knife

Blast Shield

Stun

Marathon

Lightweight

Commando

Sit in a corner by the objective, throw the Blast Shield on and hold your Riot Shield up, wait, and capture. Most capture points turn into nade spam holes ala CoD4 style; this you can actually get in there and survive long enough to capture. If your good with a Riot Shield like me, I've won numberous FFA's with this class, it's histarical; you can beast up HQ's with this class and also use it in TDM for cockblocking your opponents at a choke point or if you've got a team-mate with brains, have him follow behind you with an LMG/OMA+M203 and just pwn the shit out of stuff.

~

All-Around Rape Class

FAMAS w/ Whatever Attachment you like (RDS for me)

Raffica w/ FMJ

Semtex

Stun

Sleight of Hand

Stopping Power

Ninja/Steady Aim

This is how you make this gun dope.

~

Flank/Demolitions Rape Class

UMP.45 w/ Silencer (duh, it beats all the other SMG's; any arguement contrary is fleeting at best)

Akimbo Rangers (or whatever you feel keen on)

Tac Insert (yes this is key)

Stun

Marathon

Lightweight

Ninja/Scrambler

Tac Inserts actual potential is never realized, it lets you increase the already demon speed of this class and really pull some nasty shit off. Derail is a great example, run up the other side of the map, drop the Tac Insert, get some kills, if/when you die you'll be right there to do it again. Demolitions makes Tac Insert the BEST equipment, period. It's also fun in HQ's for spawning back around the point after your enemy captures it for a fun suprise.

~

D-Bag Rape Class (overplayed, amiright?)

TAR-21 w/ M203

--

Claymore

Stun

OMA

Danger Close

Ninja/SitRep

Alot of people use this class, but very few people know how to make good use of it. I almost always pick this as my starting class, just to lob a few nades across the map, unless I know the initial rush speed is going to be crucial (Skidrow). It's great for position play, tagging snipers and clearing rooms from a distance, because even an AA-12 on a Mara/LW class is dodgy by comparison in this game. It's also great if you learn to use environmental hazards like drums and big arse tanks and the like to take out people with less concern for shot placement. The TAR-21 is the BEST choice for the OMA+M203 setup because you have power, accuracy, good iron sights, etc.. all without perks/attachments catering the actual weapon.

~

Boost Juicer

UMP.45 w/ Silencer

AT4/RPG-7

C4

Stun

Marathon

Cold Blooded

Ninja/SitRep (SitRep for those of you who have trouble locating boosters).

This is strictly for dealing with fagatrons who boost, it still works decently as a flank class due to Mara/CB w/ a silenced gun (UMP.45 standing out again). AT4 and C4 kills are alot of fun, easy to make double kills are even more fun; add in harassing text messages to the offending tards is almost priceless.