AC MMORPG ideas?

I think after I saw the gundam MMO it would be a great idea for a AC MMO.

1.It would give AC fans time to get into the world of AC

2.WEAPONS! AC's, MT's, aircraft, tanks, and anything!

3.just being able to walk around the citys and military bases

With me I always wanted to just check out ZIO city and see whats going on.

When i did the first mission in AC2, In the freeway. I always wanted to just run around the city.

AC4A is the same, you see all this cool landscape but never able to stop and just walk around.

I don't know what classes there would be for players but it would work out with pilot, tanker, Raven, MT pilot, and so on.

IF there is a way to get the gameplay of AC and put that into a MMORPG that would be the greatest think ever!

what do you think?? good idea/bad idea?

Edited by Matchstick

Better idea, AC companies, Nexts, and story (of lack thereof) on a Starcraft-like frame. Just replace the race withs companies, and the troops with company-specific Normals & Armored Cores. Interior Union/Melies+Leonemeccania FTW.

HHMMMM....... I have seen a gundam mod for starcraft so with the right stuff someone could pull it off.

Maybe. That hovery one with the giant rifle is pretty sweet.

But I think the not hovery one with the even bigger rifle is even more sweet.

I'd laugh if anyone ever actually lost to a really sweet MT pilot.

Rather an MMO, i'd prefer anime adaptation. I heard there was one, but cancelled in the middle ;)

There's also a photonovel that runs monthly in dengeki hobby (i bet it's rich with AC world details, even the characters are illustrated), but there's one thing there that tickles my disappointment.

The story mix between last raven and AC4 (what the hell). It's like Last Raven ends and continued by AC4... i might be wrong since i can't read japanese kanji (but i saw a photo there, main character's AC, which is based from parts of Last Raven, fighting Berlioz's AC, Supplice).

The novel also features original parts for the main character's AC which is cannot found in the Last Raven (maybe it is in LRp??? i don't have psp ;) ).

Anyway, that AC is getting a plamo treatment: http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYVI-051

Rather an MMO, i'd prefer anime adaptation. I heard there was one, but cancelled in the middle ;)

There's also a photonovel that runs monthly in dengeki hobby (i bet it's rich with AC world details, even the characters are illustrated), but there's one thing there that tickles my disappointment.

The story mix between last raven and AC4 (what the hell). It's like Last Raven ends and continued by AC4... i might be wrong since i can't read japanese kanji (but i saw a photo there, main character's AC, which is based from parts of Last Raven, fighting Berlioz's AC, Supplice).

The novel also features original parts for the main character's AC which is cannot found in the Last Raven (maybe it is in LRp??? i don't have psp ;) ).

Anyway, that AC is getting a plamo treatment: http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYVI-051

No.

Please choose your class:

Raven

LYNX

MT Pilot

(P.S: Should you perform well in the last class, you will be updated to it's MASSIVE version)

Super no.

Trying to think up magical animes or hyper unbalanced versions of MMOs that could be very successful is like beating your face into a window. The window behind the opposite side of my screen while I watch on and wonder what the hell's wrong with you or why you're even doing that.

NEXTs would not only be too fast for an MMO but also effectively cut off a good half of story possibilities when NEXTs bathe places they fight in with wads of radiation everywhere. And then everyone dies and then a place becomes worthless and then there's no reason to occupy, or defend with, NEXTs. Which makes it utterly retarded to even have them.

As well as it's stupid to try and mix original generations with later, shittier generations. As one would completely outclass the other and no one would ever play because tremendous lag (kinda like PSN).

The only way you'd have an effective AC MMO would be by having only MTs and ACs. MTs actually have the ability to go toe to toe with some ACs, or even do tremendous damage before dying. But that's only part of the game. If you went on missions with an MT, you wouldn't normally be fighting other ACs, but more MTs. The only way you'd fight an AC would be if someone was hired to defend the place you're attacking. Which would be hilarious if it ended up being your friend and you both had a really awkward moment but you both want money for repairs. Or a new weapon. Then someone has to either give up or lose, and your friendship is strained.

Also repairs would be optional. The more damage, the more expensive it gets, and you gotta make your services stand out, too. Of course, there'd be uninterruptable missions, too. Probably preset ones with other Ravens ready from the getgo.

But my favorite part about a good design would be a general area where Ravens and MT Pilots would all hang out together, as they're not enemies when not on the battlefield. Which leads to a bulletin board where updates on missions are always posted on who's in what, as well as thousands of missions constantly being streamed through. Counter missions, too, where the opposing faction puts out an emergency request for assistance which would lead back to the interruptions. Which is done via dropship (that you can shoot down and fuck up their MT/AC pretty badly before they even get in the fight. But then lose money if it was a Cortex or whatever dropship, and not an enemy company one.

Oh, and it should be said MTs would generally be cheaper to repair and buy ammo for. And you buy ammo as you need it from your garage. It's shipped to you by CortEx.

Edited by Obscure

The point would be that you only get around 3 NEXTS per nation. They are the 3 highest level and ranking players on one side, that would be all.

The death of one would incur a massive negative buff for the whole faction for some time, and resources problems, and prices raise up, so NEXTS would be strategic to use.

• 3 weeks later...
No.

Super no.

Trying to think up magical animes or hyper unbalanced versions of MMOs that could be very successful is like beating your face into a window. The window behind the opposite side of my screen while I watch on and wonder what the hell's wrong with you or why you're even doing that.

NEXTs would not only be too fast for an MMO but also effectively cut off a good half of story possibilities when NEXTs bathe places they fight in with wads of radiation everywhere. And then everyone dies and then a place becomes worthless and then there's no reason to occupy, or defend with, NEXTs. Which makes it utterly retarded to even have them.

As well as it's stupid to try and mix original generations with later, shittier generations. As one would completely outclass the other and no one would ever play because tremendous lag (kinda like PSN).

The only way you'd have an effective AC MMO would be by having only MTs and ACs. MTs actually have the ability to go toe to toe with some ACs, or even do tremendous damage before dying. But that's only part of the game. If you went on missions with an MT, you wouldn't normally be fighting other ACs, but more MTs. The only way you'd fight an AC would be if someone was hired to defend the place you're attacking. Which would be hilarious if it ended up being your friend and you both had a really awkward moment but you both want money for repairs. Or a new weapon. Then someone has to either give up or lose, and your friendship is strained.

Also repairs would be optional. The more damage, the more expensive it gets, and you gotta make your services stand out, too. Of course, there'd be uninterruptable missions, too. Probably preset ones with other Ravens ready from the getgo.

But my favorite part about a good design would be a general area where Ravens and MT Pilots would all hang out together, as they're not enemies when not on the battlefield. Which leads to a bulletin board where updates on missions are always posted on who's in what, as well as thousands of missions constantly being streamed through. Counter missions, too, where the opposing faction puts out an emergency request for assistance which would lead back to the interruptions. Which is done via dropship (that you can shoot down and fuck up their MT/AC pretty badly before they even get in the fight. But then lose money if it was a Cortex or whatever dropship, and not an enemy company one.

Oh, and it should be said MTs would generally be cheaper to repair and buy ammo for. And you buy ammo as you need it from your garage. It's shipped to you by CortEx.

So from your description the ACMMO would be more like a mix of Chromehound units with ACs and AC related things?

wat

I didn't say Chromehounds at all. MTs are not from Chromehounds.

Cease this nonsensical gibberish!

You're full of shit. You know that Chromehounds are the actual MT units and that they would fare better against ACs in combat.

Your Mom would fare better against ACs than MTs, too. Because of how gigantic she is. People mistake her for the moon, then BAM. They're crushed. Unstoppable weapon. Can't pick it up on any radar other than McDonald's Valued Customer Detection System.

Also I mean that hover MT with that laser rifle. That thing was neat.