Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

I don't think that's how they work. Of course there's no info on whether the + variants are just graphical or not, yet.

It seems to be the + parts are variants made through an upgrading system. The head pic is a good example. The original version seems to be a well balanced basic head. The + version seems to be a heavily armored version of the original and the ++ version seems to be just like the original version, but without the front side armor plate. This makes me think that the ++ version is more radar/functionality biased.

I think it would be best to think of it along the lines of NX/NB/LR's tuning menus. You can tune the parts to make them better in a few fields, except that now we get graphical changes to represent those tunes as well. You could also think of them as clone parts with modified stats and appearances, though. Either way, you get more parts with different looks and different stats.

-----

Oh yah, I also forgot to mention that FROM SOFTWARE has added hireable consorts back into single player missions.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Armored Core V to have dedicated servers.

"In a comment over on the official Facebook page for Armored Core V, From Software have confirmed that the game will indeed use dedicated servers (on account of their new partnership with Namco Bandai). Naturally, for a game to boast such a thorough online setup it makes sense for the investment of a dedicated server setup. Hopefully the servers won't get arbitrarily shut down like they did on Chrome Hounds though. There's also another interview up on Dengeki Online talking more about the story missions (amongst other things). With each new update, it seems that Armored Core V could shape up to be something truly special."

Source.

SL was so dope, except for the damn client lag.

Again, I gotta say that I like the direction AC5 seems to be trying to go in. I've wanted team play forever and if it really does end up being a kind of squad on squad deal then I'll still be able to do some damage on the field since my physical skills are pretty much hard-capped now thanks to my stupid hands and wrists. Oh and I hope the little plasma rifle MT is in there in some form or another. He was sik.

I may be in the minority in saying I want to play team battles but hey, I think it'll be neat.

I'm on your side PD. I still want to do 1v1's because I like them, but the team concept should add a whole bunch of life and flavor to the game as well as be more easily balanceable. Plus I think AC is a great game for that Operator role type since it has so much potentially useful info in it.

I do hope the tiered parts doesn't make the lower ones useless etc. I would prefer the more usable parts the better for the sake of creativity. making parts obsolete etc is for single player games. a game intended for competition needs as much variety as possible in order for the game to reach it's true potential.

Then again, I'm thinking like a fighting game player.

EDIT: I'm all for team battles.

Edited by Densuo

It might actually be like in Chromehounds where there are inferior and superior versions, and the game makes you as a nation or what have you unlock these superior weapons through investing into R&D stuff. If I recall, though, the inferior versions did have less drain. Edited by NlJl

If my guess is correct, they'll make lower tier weapons ALOT easier to use, and the higher tier ones will require plenty of work to make them efficient.

I'd be okay with that.

AC weapons don't really work that way. Almost every high tier weapon was easy to use, and was often times high up BECAUSE they were easy to use.

Thanks much to Kitty Kitty Meow for providing me with a link to the ACV Live Reboot.

Turns out that things in Japan have settled down enough that they feel it's good to do the live demo play now. It was last scheduled to go down on literally the day of that big quake or the day after, I'm not sure now, so it had to be canceled. Looking forward to some ACV gameplay! Yay!

My biggest question is with the Lockring and a bigger emphasis on older-style mechanics, are they going to bring back the ability to lock on from behind cover or keep the AC4 locking mechanics? Because I think that was probably the biggest contribution to AC4/fA QB spam, because fights HAD to be fought out in the open as you couldn't use cover to your advantage without losing your lock.

My biggest question is with the Lockring and a bigger emphasis on older-style mechanics, are they going to bring back the ability to lock on from behind cover or keep the AC4 locking mechanics? Because I think that was probably the biggest contribution to AC4/fA QB spam, because fights HAD to be fought out in the open as you couldn't use cover to your advantage without losing your lock.

Or you know, qb was a pretty good reason AC4/fa fights were qb spam.

Without QB AC4 woulda been a lot like AA/NB and fA much like LR, really.

I think they should let you maintain lock through most buildings, though. Maybe some really thick ones or stuff like cave walls, etc, you can't lock through. They could always make it take longer to lock on through regular cover instead of preventing you from being able to lock-on at all, too.

Or you know, qb was a pretty good reason AC4/fa fights were qb spam.

True :o But you can't deny that the inability to use cover to as big of an advantage as in other games played a big part in it. I know my entire game would have changed if I could lock from behind cover.