• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh that reminds me.

2:20:55 PM Owen Bush: rachis went to xbox like a ag

2:20:56 PM Owen Bush: fag

2:21:00 PM Pete: lol

2:21:07 PM Pete: i knew that a long time ago

2:21:10 PM Owen Bush: oh

2:21:30 PM Pete: tell that bitch steve i said take the tampon out and get back on t he ps3

2:21:38 PM Owen Bush: k

You could lock on behind cover. The range was just pretty short for it. It's a part of the reason why the Otage was so good in AC4.

Considering I used long-range sniping, that was the problem. Yeah I could lock on through cover, but at such a short range that it didn't work anyway.

Shooting from cover still worked, though Griffon. Look at it this way:

Say you normally have a lock range of 1500 and behind cover, that reduces by half to 750. Even then, you're going to be able to lock onto your opponent before he can lock onto you, which gives you the advantage. You can get your lock, dart out, drop a shot, and play the range game.

And I think the range drop may have been somewhere around 50% too.

Quite a bit more than 50%. In fA, I know 2200-ish from 047AN02 + 061AN05 drops down to 650-ish. That's still a lot of range, though! I don't think it can go anywhere near as high in AC4, but because it's slower paced, it's still a very manageable and effective way to play.

My biggest question is with the Lockring and a bigger emphasis on older-style mechanics, are they going to bring back the ability to lock on from behind cover or keep the AC4 locking mechanics? Because I think that was probably the biggest contribution to AC4/fA QB spam, because fights HAD to be fought out in the open as you couldn't use cover to your advantage without losing your lock.

Using and locking through cover were huge in AC4. If you just sat in the open you would lose.

047AN05, 400 see through cover range.

Generator Jam rockets. thanks.

stealth that actually works.

pilebunkers (the RAJM Revenger demands a comeback opportunity)

viable weapon arms

I demand oddball non-conventional weapons. I only conform to standards on missions (moonlight herp derp 1000 mg nades etc), for versus I want oddball stuff.

Sounds cheap to me. Unless it had like 2 rounds only.

they didnt have a blast radius. were slow and kinda hard to land.

I want military like discussion in chat during team fights I'm gonna go all military style. this is gonna be so friggin fun :o

Edited by Densuo

I'd be fine with "no" QB at all, maybe the over boost or something.

OH OH OH!!! Maybe it'll be like a Chargeable kick-Boost like how most cutscene ACs do it, hold down the booster while in place then point a direction to be launched.

It's sorta like QB but.... delayed? Would look awesome in stare downs.

well yeah but like a whole different booster, kinda like an initial burst before the booster thrust levels go back to original.

Ok maybe a better way to think about it is for example, you know how few adventure games and such where there's a feature that the longer you hold the jump button the higher you jump? Well try applying it with normal boosters, you'd have the flares burning but the feet nailed to the floor then Zooooom like a quick boost thrust for a small duration before it goes at regular booster speed.

Still not following? think back in LR's intro when that python equipped AC dodged that railgun shot in last second.