Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

It's funny too, this exact same thing happened when FROM brought out Dark Souls. Updates were happening over on the JP client side, but it took a few patches before the NA version was suddenly brought up to par (bamco was the publisher on that title too). Have patience, I am sure we will see the patches eventually. The way I look at it is: They make a few tweaks to weapons/defenses to try to fix the balance on some (seemingly) OP parts/weapons. They release these tweaks to a subset of the population for testing. Then they tweak it some more. More testing, until the balance is appropriate. Then they release it worldwide.

Would you rather have broken imbalances in 1.01? or in 1.02/1.03? If 1.03 comes out and it is still (or possibly even more) unbalanced, would you be more angry at having the patch or having the older version? If they thought it was going to stay at 1.03 for a while, we will get it. If they think they will tweak it some and 1.04 will be better, then that is the one we will get. Basically, in this case, the JP client is "beta testing" the adjustments.

1.04 is already out... it nerfed subcomputers, buffed LW movement speed, buffed lock time on snipers, buffed ammo cost for autocannons, and increased blade range. I might be missing one or two other things. 1.04 came out with the Title Update that the JP versions got.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was part of the 1.03 patch. I have no idea where you heard that it was 1.04. FROM doesn't release patches that fast, haha. That was just a second update on stuff they were going to add to the 1.03 patch, it's also why the 1.03 patch got delayed release till just a day or two ago. We only just now got 1.03 on the JP side, ya. Haha.

That was part of the 1.03 patch. I have no idea where you heard that it was 1.04. FROM doesn't release patches that fast, haha. That was just a second update on stuff they were going to add to the 1.03 patch, it's also why the 1.03 patch got delayed release till just a day or two ago. We only just now got 1.03 on the JP side, ya. Haha.

Wasn't aware that 1.03 got delayed... I assumed it was another patch as the wikis were separating the two sets of changes. They have a 3/30 column and a 4/4 column as two separate patches.

Edited by GodlyPerfection

Yah, game is still in 1.03. Haha.

You mean in-game it says 1.03 on the login screen? If so that is the title update version. If you were on the JP xbox version it would say 1.02 despite them having the exact same part stats as the PS3. That is a completely different thing. That number does not refer to patch number. The only sign of getting a parts balancing patch in game are different stats... sadly there is no section in the game devoted to what parts patch people are on. Even if we get the 1.02 and 1.03 patches here in the US the menu will still say 1.01 until we get the title update. On the US PS3 the number may say 1.02 (I'm not sure if the US version of the PS3 game is being counted as having the same updates as the JP version of the PS3 game). Then again it might not because technically the US version never went through 1.01 (like the JP 360 version didn't) only the JP PS3 version did.Here is the translated mention of it in the title update notes:After applying this latest update file, the notation in-game version is as follows. : [PlayStation3 1.02 ⇒ 1.03] : [1.01 ⇒ 1.02 three hundred and sixty Xbox] http://www.armoredcore.net/players/acv/2012/04/03/2564

Yah, DLC is on 4/12 I hear. Kirby told me so.

Also, I still have heard nothing about any 1.04 stuff as the 1.03 patch that hit with the fixed subcomputers is also when the rest of the 1.03 stuff hit. 360 is running one version number behind, yah. They do run same stats as far as I know. 360 1.02 is equivalent to PS3 1.03. PS3 had a game patch on release day I believe, which is why they're missmatched. I was not able to get new 1.03 part stats like improved shotguns till I got the patch just about three or four nights ago now, so idk. We were notified of 1.03 hitting soon in the login news on JP version for about 3 or so weeks now too.

I have heard nothing of a 1.04, tho.

Yah, DLC is on 4/12 I hear. Kirby told me so.

Also, I still have heard nothing about any 1.04 stuff as the 1.03 patch that hit with the fixed subcomputers is also when the rest of the 1.03 stuff hit. 360 is running one version number behind, yah. They do run same stats as far as I know. 360 1.02 is equivalent to PS3 1.03. PS3 had a game patch on release day I believe, which is why they're missmatched. I was not able to get new 1.03 part stats like improved shotguns till I got the patch just about three or four nights ago now, so idk. We were notified of 1.03 hitting soon in the login news on JP version for about 3 or so weeks now too.

I have heard nothing of a 1.04, tho.

Oh I agree that you may still be right about the patches all being batched together as 1.03. I'm just saying that the number on the login screen coincides with the title update version, not the parts balance version.As far as the DLC goes, there is a good chance that the final DLC will be new parts as they now have complete sets of everything... complete sets for pilots, retextured parts, garages, and emblems. That leaves no lay over for the last batch of DLC. :(

Oh yah, I wouldn't be surprised if they were all disconnected to be honest.

Yah, the DLC on JP side is enormous right now. You can easily spend upwards of like an extra $80 or something now on DLC. If you buy the complete files you save a good bit of money, but they're really pumpin the stuff out. I imagine that new parts or something along those lines should hit sooner or later. I'd say your guess with the last batch is probably the most likely timeframe. Then a million patches to fix what they break.

I think I can live with that.

Just would have to swap sniper rifles if that change turns out to be severe enough.

Well the change isn't too bad specifically for sniper rifles. It hurts a good amount of other weapons. Snipers get a base lock time buff at the same time... in the end with the base lock on (untuned) your lock time with dual shoulders only loses like 0.2 seconds which isn't too bad (using a predire FCS). The best possible lock time you can get through specialized power post patch is about 235... pre-patch it is about 335. So comparing those two results you get a lock time of about 0.41 seconds pre-patch compared to 0.66 seconds post patch. So if you use subcomputers it looks like you will lose about 0.2-0.3 seconds lock time after the buff to sniper lock time and the nerf to subcomputers. Not too bad for snipers... but like I said snipers got a huge buff to lock time so it helped to compensate for the large nerf to subcomputers. Oh and for those that aren't following here is our discussion on calculating real lock time in seconds: http://forum.reachin...-td3834409.html

Edited by GodlyPerfection

Snazzy dlc is snazzy.

I hear Scrubaverse got donkey dicked by NineScrubbers.

Joining team and losing on purpose. So sad on both sides. But that's karma I suppose.

I read a mention of subcomputers... Is Art saying that right now Sub computer only benefits your two arm weapons that you start a mission with, and that your bay weapons get no benefit when they are actively used?

That's sad and hilarious

Sometimes, ACV makes me want to be Dio from Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure.

Sos I can ZA WARUDO on 9Breakers and Green Flamingo, etc. The laming is so bullshit. Also, Heavy RJ is tier garbage. Why there is a relationship between weapon reload speed and arm firing stability I will never be able to know, because its not like I got a free hand to manually reload those guns (which would be fucking retarded btw).

Also, I lol at how they are squabbling over territory matches right now. Ignore AC's and go for helis.

Also, they suck at not using tier ACs. I bet they'd get their asses whooped hard if they man up.

Edited by Genocide

Having played against Ninebreakers I have to say they're deserving of the territories they have. They defended that territory I attacked as a mercenary like pros with gang tactics and liberal use of indirect fire (don't knock it, nothing sucks as much as having a h.e.a.t. round fall right in your face from the other side of a hill while you're chasing someone else entirely). Just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean anything for anyone else. What I'd prefer to see you complaining about is how our own team attendance isn't all that great and what you think can be done about it. Edited by Cassandra

Sometimes, ACV makes me want to be Dio from Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure.

Sos I can ZA WARUDO on 9Breakers and Green Flamingo, etc. The laming is so bullshit. Also, Heavy RJ is tier garbage. Why there is a relationship between weapon reload speed and arm firing stability I will never be able to know, because its not like I got a free hand to manually reload those guns (which would be fucking retarded btw).

Also, I lol at how they are squabbling over territory matches right now. Ignore AC's and go for helis.

Also, they suck at not using tier ACs. I bet they'd get their asses whooped hard if they man up.

What are tier ACs?

Having played against Ninebreakers I have to say they're deserving of the territories they have. They defended that territory I attacked as a mercenary like pros with gang tactics and liberal use of indirect fire (don't knock it, nothing sucks as much as having a h.e.a.t. round fall right in your face from the other side of a hill while you're chasing someone else entirely). Just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean anything for anyone else. What I'd prefer to see you complaining about is how our own team attendance isn't all that great and what you think can be done about it.

probably just need to restructure the teams...I have confidence in Niji :(

Too bad there isn't some team tool that shows how long members have been inactive.

Cassandra, Genocide is a different person from Necron. Geno isn't on ACU team, hahahaha.

=3

I have already emailed FROM about hopefully updating the game to include an inactivity field for pilot's data or something of the kind in ACV, but I doubt they'll do it. It was one of those things I was complaining about ACV lacking while I was in chat a few days ago. It's amazing that they didn't include it, but oh well.

Btw, thx for fixing the team data for W1 Chibi.

Ninebreakers use tactics? The one time I came across them as a merc, two of them were running dual gatling guns, one was running a gatling gun and a shotgun, and the fourth was for some very strange reason trying to counter-snipe my quad by using a heavy RJ with a sniper cannon.

And yes, I am a different person from that other guy.

Inactivity would be easy to list via talking to team members.

I almost always see Snotes, art, Accursed, Cassandra, noob, Genoce and exo. Everyone else having dropped off in activity or non existant. But that'll likely change come patch updates *knock on wood*

Indirect fire with Howies is fun.