Call of Duty: Black Ops

Magnus

Well Owen also seems to try and get the most out of his moneys. He obviously didn't just look up gaming headsets. He tried finding a badass headset he could then use for gaming. Naturally he will have more info than most of us because of that.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already have a problem paying for something game related that costs more than the games I'm getting it for, so finding the turtle beaches I have for 60 bucks was the only way I would've ever gotten any type of headset. Now if they have something better for less, then by all means, I'm down for it. Until then, tb is a.ok in my book.

Ya turtle beaches are nice as entry level headsets to soundwhore better. Going from tv audio to DPX21 was AMAZING. Then I eventually got AD700. It's not another night and day difference, but it's just better. Main reason why I didn't like DPX21 (PX21 with DSS packaged) was because it hurt my ears. I don't understand anyone who would buy the high end offerings that Turtle Beach or other provide (like that P5 thing with all the customizable equalizers that 'supposed' to make you hear footsteps better, lol)

The AD700s are perhaps the most comfortable things you'll ever put on your head. They are stupidly big, and at first their fit seems very loose and unwieldy, but after a couple days you get used to it, and they literally disappear on your head.

They're nice for gaming and some music, but a lack of sub-bass makes them not the ideal headphones for all music.

Edited by TMRaven

The whole time I was at Fort Bragg, there was almost never a Friday/Saturday night that one that some spook wasn't blaring his bass in the parking lot outside the barracks at 3 am. MP's not being allowed to drive around USSOCOM unless called, it was incredibly stupid.

Luckily I'm a very sound sleeper, it was just falling asleep at those hours that was annoying.

• 4 weeks later...

This thread's probably long dead, but eh. Necromancing it is!

I play Black Ops seldomly, but I'll tell you what-The AUG and FAMAS are probably THE best weapons in the game. G11 is good, but occasionally the burst fire gets on my nerves. I normally rock my AUG with a Masterkey, but recently I've switched back to Warlord Pro so I can add a dot+suppressor. Does wonders when I'm Hardlining and trying to avoid being caught.

if anyone wants to add me on PSN, it's arclabe. I'm willing to get my can kicked by forum friends.

I play Black Ops seldomly, but I'll tell you what-The AUG and FAMAS are for noobs who are incapable of using any weapon other than ultrafastfirerateassaultriflesplooge, and MLG pros cuz teh r da BEsT at all geams n' no how 2 superior play

Well said.

I've been forcing myself to use the G11 these past few days, and I've been using the variable sight on it. Helps for camping our teams flag. Which leads me to my next point, I found out that CTF is the best game mode because it isn't filled with famas users, and if you're lucky enough to be on a good team, it's actually fun to try and win. And I suppose demolition is alright, too, as well as sabotage (though I hate sabotage as a game mode outside of mw2).

I've been playing A LOT of blops recently. Kinda disappointing to myself.

Try using C4/Jammer with Scout Pro.

Jammer on a LW/Scout/Mara class is actually very useful, because you can bait people with the Jammer, use it to disable Sentry Guns, Claymores, etc.. (letting you clear buildings as the Jammer's range is quite large), Jammer also screws with RC-XD's.

I prefer using Scout Pro as a rushing/flanking perk, because of the pick up guns ability. I do like the RPG's thou.

AK74u w/ Dual Mags or AK74u w/ Extended Mags

RPG-7 or Makarov w/ Extended Mags

Frag

Concussion

Jammer or C4

Lightweight Pro

Scout Pro

Marathon Pro

UAV (FFA), Counter UAV/SAM Turret (Team games), Care Package/Napalm Strike (I never put SAM/CP together), Blackbird

Yeah, that took me forever to accomplish. Scavenger helps. Warlord pro probably would, too, i imagine. When I was told about what the pro did, I thought I was gna see character models all red n' shit like equipment when you have hacker on. Didn't think it just be a yellow blip around your crosshairs.