Gabriel

Master Ocelot

AC Name: Gabriel

Designation: No idea...

No pic as of yet. if someone wants to, could they take a pic?

Frame:

Head | Core | Arms | Legs

EYE4 | ICURUS | A92X5 | DINGO

1/9/0/0/0 | 0/10/0/0/0 | 1/0/9/0/0 | 10/0/0/0/0

Internal:

Booster | FCS | Generator | Radiator

890T2 | MONJU | G68GP | ANANDA

7/0/0/3 | N/A | 0/10/0 | 0/0/10

Weapons:

R Arm | L Arm | R Hanger | L Hanger

DEMON | ELF2 | Part name | part name

R Back | L Back | Extension | Inside

none | KARURA | none | none

Optional:

071EC | CR-075LA | O79L+ | CODON | PRIMER | O05-HISTON | MARISHI

Paint:

General:

Base: 45/65/90

Aid: 20/20/53

Optional: 50/50/50

Detail: 200/112/0

Joint: 200/200/200

Weapon:

Black but the DEMON is white.

Description:

Gabriel pays major homage to Zinaida's Fascinator, aside from a change of a few things like the internals and weapons, this AC is a step up from my previous staple. Lucifer, it boosts a good combat record thus far on missions and PvP combat.

Tactics:

At mid I will use the DEMON to the best effect I can, ducking behind buildings then firing as I pull out from behind them to try and catch my enemy off guard, at a distance I take to the air and fly over my enemy while letting out a volley of missile. in danger close I rely on the sword.

Known Issues:

A distinct lack of ammo in longer battles and against speedier units.

Notes:

Edited by Niji
Added AC:LR prefix.

Does this one, by any chance, take any cues from Uber!Zinny? ;)

EDIT: Disregard that, it does. The only problem is, I highly doubt you can pull off the same tricks she pulled in that fight against her. For one thing, she cheats by having infinite energy. =/

Edited by Evil Panda

How bout SKULL or HOLLOW? Or maybe even KARASAWA? ;) SPIRIT is equally good if you can overlook the not-so-large sight lock.

And I'd get KARURA instead of KINNARA. *sorta biased, KARURAs = my signature weapon XP*

A heavier laser rifle wouldn't hurt your AC IMHO, seeing as the lack of H+ for us players prevents LAMIA2 from being useful. Both KARASAWA and SPIRIT have as much ammo as PYTHON yet pack a more painful punch.

Edited by Evil Panda

Somethings wrong with the Spirit though. It's tracking is off with ACs for some reason, but its not too shabby for murdering MTs. I think Skull or Hollow would work great, or even Shade2 if you don't want too much slowdown.

One thing:

Never use Python without a Left Arm gun. Never.

XFD

Are you kids for fucking real? This can't really be effortful design logic.

One thing:

Never use Python. Never.

Fixed. Right then, on to the dissection of this mess.

Head | Core | Arms | Legs

DRONE | C06US | A92X5 | COUGAR2

0/10/0/0/0 | 0/10/0/0/0 | 0/0/2/7/1 | 0/0/0/0/10

...Do you really need to use this format for your part layout? Really? I suppose I'll just make do with this mess as best I can.

DRONE

Fine, I suppose, but you sure as shit aren't winning any awards for originality.

U5

You know what's funny? I stopped for a minute to go "What the fuck, there's a US core in LR? Maybe it's one of the low-tier cores I never use and just forgot the name of." I then realized there is no US, and realized you had to be talking about the U5. Why the hell can you people not discern letters from numbers in an AC game? This was somewhat understandable in some of the older games (I'm looking at you, Silent Line), but how the hell can you even confuse the two with Last Raven's fontface?

92XS

..Why would you need this, at all? You don't need the weight, you don't need the energy and I can't say there's any other reason to use this. Nevermind that you're using an arm with 99 EN supply to no productive end, when you could easily be using the LANGUR or MACAQUE. If you really need the speed boost, run the FG. If not, you have my recommendations.

COUGAR2

I can't say I have issue with this, but you're sure as shit not going to win any awards for originality either. Nevermind that you tuned for max weight on here, when tuning for weight offers a greater speed boost. I can't tell off-hand if you just tuned for weight out of necessity (though it certainly doesn't look like it), but even if that is the case, there are better options. If you're going to be clunky, you'd might as well go balls-out and get the S3 or COUGAR.

Internal:

Booster | FCS | Generator | Radiator

VULTURE | MONJU | G91 | ANANDA

0/0/10/0 | N/A | 0/10/0 | 0/0/10

VULTURE

Why, Drake? Why, oh why, the VULTURE? I can't even understand the logic behind this. The VULTURE seemed half decent to me at one point, when I noticed how high its accel was.

...I then realized I hadn't yet tuned my VULTURE2, thought "xfd wow, what a piece of shit" and summarily discharged it. LR sadly doesn't offer much in the way of booster creativity; if you aren't going to be cheesy as fuck and roll with the TP, it's pretty much a) use the GULL if it won't run too hot or ;) use the VULTURE2 like all the other cool kids. At this point, correcting your booster choice ought to be like connecting the dots, or perhaps playing hangman with a two letter word. Go get 'em, tiger.

MONJU

I suppose I have no issue with this. I personally wouldn't use it with this sort of setup, given that your primary weapon has a special lock, but that's me and I suppose it's also your only gun. This is passable.

G91

Originality? In Last Raven? NAWWW.

I don't see why you wouldn't just man up and run with the G84P, if not LOTUS and GULL (it's not like you're stretching your EN supply thin on a frame like this), but I suppose there's nothing wrong with using the G91. The only downside I can see is that when all the other kids are picking people for their softball teams, you're probably going to get picked last.

ANANDA

I would comment on your having picked this, but it's a little like going "Oh hey big guy, you put a white sock on not only the LEFT foot, but also the RIGHT as well! Good on you!"

I love how Last Raven took the Silent Line metagame, with its one viable generator and handful of viable radiators, and just flipped that shit on its ear.

Weapons:

R Arm | L Arm | R Hanger | L Hanger

CR-WR98L | WLO6L84 | WRAITH | part name

R Back | L Back | Extension | Inside

none | KINNERA | FUNI | none

98L

...What is the practical appeal of using this with a blade, exactly? I'm trying to understand the point here. When the RS functions like the solid equivalent of the 98L and better accommodates both your frame and weapon layout, why was it not the obvious choice?

LB4

Okay, really, you're killing me here. You have a hangar core and a hangar weapon. What was stopping you from throwing this underneath a quick-burn left arm weapon? The HP would be the obvious choice, especially given how gay it'd be with the RS or 98L, but it's not as though you don't have options here. GRIFFON burns quickly, or you could rock the PERYTON if you're feelin' rebellious. It's not as though your options are limited here, mind you, making this choice all the more confusing.

KINNARA

Would it kill you to get the names right? Anyway, I don't see why you didn't just go straight for the KARURA, but I guess this will do. Nine missiles are better than one, son.

FUNI

I have nothing creative to say about this part choice.

Optional:

AMINO | 069ES | O71EC | O79L+ | CODON | PRIMER |

98L, without the E+ optional parts? Get the fuck out. I suppose this will be negligible if you do opt for the RS, as you rightly should.

Also, just to be a dick, I will rate this too.

Paint:

General:

Base: 45/65/90

Aid: 20/20/53

Optional: 50/50/50

Detail: 200/112/0

Joint: 200/200/200

Teal, slate blue and grey? Why does your AC look like the lightshow at a really depressive rave or something? In all seriousness, this might be cool if you dropped the optional to black and threw a little more blue in the primary. I can't say the white guts are terribly appealing either, but you can't win 'em all.

Weapon:

Black but the CR-WR98L is white.

This is like a really not-bold fashion statement or something. I'm sorry, it just had to be said. If you want to be flashy and dramatic with your paintschemes, it's the blade you mark in an off-color, not the gun everyone is going to notice already.

OVERVIEW

This design is unremarkable, I'm sorry to say. Other than a few particularly glaring flaws (all of which I feel I have addressed appropriately), there's just nothing exemplary about this build in the least. I had a build like this back in the day. Hell, I think everyone did before they came to the realization that it was boring as shit and promptly sidelined it. This design will work for you, but it will do little to set you apart from John Q. Jackass who just rented this game on a whim.

OVERALL RATING ON THE TOTALLY RAD ALTAIROMETER: 6/10

I don't see why you wouldn't just man up and run with the G84P

because of heat and low emergency cap.

VULTURE

Why, Drake? Why, oh why, the VULTURE? I can't even understand the logic behind this. The VULTURE seemed half decent to me at one point, when I noticed how high its accel was.

I think it's about boost accel....or he (Drake) like green-boost color. btw, VULTURE2 is the better way. (and universal way)

Optional:

AMINO | 069ES | O71EC | O79L+ | CODON | PRIMER |

I'd prefer this : AMINO | ES | L+ | CODON | GOLGI | HISTON | MARISHI

One thing:

Never use Python without a Left Arm gun. Never.

XFD

Are you kids for fucking real? This can't really be effortful design logic.

I think and it's real. and even single PYTHON or with lefty gun, PYTHON was always sucks.

U5

You know what's funny? I stopped for a minute to go "What the fuck, there's a US core in LR? Maybe it's one of the low-tier cores I never use and just forgot the name of." I then realized there is no US, and realized you had to be talking about the U5. Why the hell can you people not discern letters from numbers in an AC game? This was somewhat understandable in some of the older games (I'm looking at you, Silent Line), but how the hell can you even confuse the two with Last Raven's fontface?

yeah, low tier, low cooling, low heat resist, low option slots...but nothing wrong.

KINNARA

Would it kill you to get the names right? Anyway, I don't see why you didn't just go straight for the KARURA, but I guess this will do. Nine missiles are better than one, son.

FUNI

I have nothing creative to say about this part choice.

nothing wrong about KINNARA (I think KINNARA was better detonate than KARURA as well) but FUNI does. btw, try E92RM3 ftw.

ends of all folks.

@Zephorius:

I suggested him using PYTHON with a left handgun because it seemed that he wanted to use Python.

Of course I know that PYTHON sucks.

KARURA is worse than KINNARA, for the simple fact that it is worse. Not worth it.

Flame Bait

This looks like flame bait? If you want to criticize someone, do it with subtly.

You should learn to respect others.

Also. You're promoting originality. Originality does not mean winning my friend. It's fine to be original, but what were you proposing instead of those parts that were more original? Most alternatives you asked weren't as original as you thought...

because of heat and low emergency cap.

I think it's about boost accel....or he (Drake) like green-boost color. btw, VULTURE2 is the better way. (and universal way)

1) The difference in heat on the G84P is negligible. It's a whopping 200 points more heat for 1000 more output (which is pretty substantial, given how low most people run their surplus EN in Last Raven). With a respectable cap of 30000, the G84P is a solid choice. As for the low redzone, man up. Last Raven is not like Silent Line; the redzone-riding ways of old are just that, the ways of old. It's a thing of the past, and is no longer called for in LR's metagame.

2) The difference in accel is barely even noticeable, especially given that the lower speed probably makes the two accel at roughly the same rate. I'd say the green booster theory is about the only one that makes sense, and I hope to christ that was not his reasoning.

3) I never said there was anything necessarily wrong with the KINNARA; I told him it would do in the blurb you quoted. I just said he should've gone up to the KARURA if it was manageable, which it looks to be.

@Zephorius:

I suggested him using PYTHON with a left handgun because it seemed that he wanted to use Python.

Of course I know that PYTHON sucks.

I am not Zephorius, you fucking stooge. Read my username. Do you see a Z anywhere in there? That you even managed to confuse the two of us perplexes me to no end, considering the guy posted absolutely nowhere in this thread.

KARURA is worse than KINNARA, for the simple fact that it is worse. Not worth it.

Son, you really have no idea who I am, do you? When someone like you tries to talk design logic with someone like me, "just because" is not even close to sufficient reasoning; I wouldn't even take that shit from a reputable player, so damned if I'm going to take it from you. Put on your big boy pants next time you want to contest me. Of course, one look at your avatar quite succinctly demonstrates why that'd be a bad call on your part.

For a little more weight and drain, the only downside to the KARURA is slightly longer reload time (and really, what the hell is 15 points more from 115), for a little extra punch. If you can afford it, I see no reason not to use it. This isn't to say I expected credible design input from you or anything, though.

This looks like flame bait? If you want to criticize someone, do it with subtly.

You should learn to respect others.

...Where the fuck did anyone even SAY flame bait? Really, you quoted no one on nothing and then saw fit to lecture them on it. This is like argumentative masturbation or something.

Nevermind that Drake knows I give him shit on a regular basis all in good fun (I have nothing against him), what the hell business is it of yours to begin with? Get off my dick, kiddo. This does not concern you, and if you so choose to concern yourself with it, you're putting yourself at the mercy of my good graces. As it so happens, I don't really have any, and so we find ourselves presented with this little confrontation. Fascinating, innit?

Also. You're promoting originality. Originality does not mean winning my friend. It's fine to be original, but what were you proposing instead of those parts that were more original? Most alternatives you asked weren't as original as you thought...

Alright, let me make this quite clear:

1) I'm not your friend, friend. Stow that shit. I'll have none of your patronizing bullshit, even with halfhearted execution.

2) I suppose your idea of originality is that shit-heap Jack-O Lite you have in your avatar, right? IT'S LIKE WE REALLY HAD TO MAKE JACK-O'S AC SUCK EVEN HARDER, GUYS. Nevermind how badly you just contradicted yourself in saying "lol being original as bad, P.S. your suggestions weren't original enough."

To make such a generic build like this original would mean to reconstruct it altogether. I tried to lend him some more creative input within the limited spectrum of the design concept, but I'm not going to recommend him shit parts solely to be flashy either. I recommended him some less generic part choices for this setup to mix it up a little, but with the intention of retaining the build's original style. It goes without saying that a large part of what influences a design's premise is style (something unique to all of us), and I critique with that in mind. If I'm going to rate an AC, I'm going to do it right.

Note that as I've already stated, there's nothing inherently wrong with the concept, I simply noted that it's markedly oversaturated. Builds like this were dime a dozen five years ago, when Last Raven first came out; if it wasn't original then, I think it's safe to say it isn't a fresh new concept at present.

Thanks for coming out, though. It has been too long since I ripped into someone like this, and I can't help but feel that it was long overdue.

I am not Zephorius, you fucking stooge. Read my username. Do you see a Z anywhere in there? That you even managed to confuse the two of us perplexes me to no end, considering the guy posted absolutely nowhere in this thread.

Had mixed his username with yours, cause I was reading seperate threads on ACO and ACU. Sorry for the mistake (sorry to Zephorius as well, if you ever stumble here).

Ok, errors aside, first of all:

1) I'm not your friend, friend. Stow that shit. I'll have none of your patronizing bullshit, even with halfhearted execution.

I called you friend out of respect. If you don't want to be respected, I will note it.

2) I suppose your idea of originality is that shit-heap Jack-O Lite you have in your avatar, right? IT'S LIKE WE REALLY HAD TO MAKE JACK-O'S AC SUCK EVEN HARDER, GUYS. Nevermind how badly you just contradicted yourself in saying "lol being original as bad, P.S. your suggestions weren't original enough."

Hmm, I would like you to make yourself clearer on that bold text.

And regarding your assault of my originality, based on my avatar... That AC in there is a design for my fan-fic. I never had any intention of making it original.

It was just meant to be Jack-O, with an updated, or different look.

I take in account, that people who post their ACs here, unless they did specify it, post it for they are competitive and wish to share there creations with us, to bring it to a new level of competitiveness.

To make such a generic build like this original would mean to reconstruct it altogether. I tried to lend him some more creative input within the limited spectrum of the design concept, but I'm not going to recommend him shit parts solely to be flashy either. I recommended him some less generic part choices for this setup to mix it up a little, but with the intention of retaining the build's original style. It goes without saying that a large part of what influences a design's premise is style (something unique to all of us), and I critique with that in mind. If I'm going to rate an AC, I'm going to do it right.

Learn to do it with proper respect maybe. You were not criticizing correctly... Why do an entire paragraph on some core misspelling? We had to wait for Taurustrin to give an input on the core's stats.

This also, was unnecessary:

...Do you really need to use this format for your part layout? Really? I suppose I'll just make do with this mess as best I can.

Don't tell me you do not understand. It's one way, which takes less space to give tunes information.

...Where the fuck did anyone even SAY flame bait? Really, you quoted no one on nothing and then saw fit to lecture them on it. This is like argumentative masturbation or something.

Never mind that Drake knows I give him shit on a regular basis all in good fun (I have nothing against him), what the hell business is it of yours to begin with? Get off my dick, kiddo. This does not concern you, and if you so choose to concern yourself with it, you're putting yourself at the mercy of my good graces. As it so happens, I don't really have any, and so we find ourselves presented with this little confrontation. Fascinating, innit?

The way you are rating him, makes you look very much like a flame baiter. I do not know, nor do I care if you talk like that to Drake everytime, but it is for the sake of you not talking to OTHER people like that. You're speaking shit to Drake. Why couldn't you to someone else?

Now, onto your parts rating:

Son, you really have no idea who I am, do you? When someone like you tries to talk design logic with someone like me, "just because" is not even close to sufficient reasoning; I wouldn't even take that shit from a reputable player, so damned if I'm going to take it from you. Put on your big boy pants next time you want to contest me. Of course, one look at your avatar quite succinctly demonstrates why that'd be a bad call on your part.

For a little more weight and drain, the only downside to the KARURA is slightly longer reload time (and really, what the hell is 15 points more from 115), for a little extra punch. If you can afford it, I see no reason not to use it. This isn't to say I expected credible design input from you or anything, though.

KARURA's slightly superior punch isn't that viable. It's got a much heavier bulk and more EN drain than necessary, which isn't wort those 3 extra micro missiles. Also, for some reason, every time I saw someone used KARURA, it seemed to home worse than KINNARA (might be the way the missiles are fired of course).

1) The difference in heat on the G84P is negligible. It's a whopping 200 points more heat for 1000 more output (which is pretty substantial, given how low most people run their surplus EN in Last Raven). With a respectable cap of 30000, the G84P is a solid choice. As for the low redzone, man up. Last Raven is not like Silent Line; the redzone-riding ways of old are just that, the ways of old. It's a thing of the past, and is no longer called for in LR's metagame.

The main problem about G84P, other than it's lower EN Condenser ability and higher Calorific value, is the annoying weight. That thing is abnormally heavier than the CR-G91. Also, viewing the AC he was using, which was already hot, I don't think he should've change unless he switched the boosters to Vulture2.

EDIT: Fixed a typo

Edited by Terminator98

Kinnara and Karura are both good. The 5 shot micro missiles are garbage though; the spread is way too wide and the tracking is bad for the missiles.

Kinnara is easier to land a full volley with, but Karura full volleys are so painful and sometimes you get luckier with your pokes thanks to the extra missiles flyin around. I think Kinnara's tracking was slightly tighter than Karura's.

An attempt to be original...

But the thing is:

- ICUROS, even if it looks awesome, is somehow the worst OB core out there... if you don't take in account that shitty CREST massive OB core that actually makes you go like a slug.

- T2 is in every way, bested by TP (illegal), Vulture2, and GULL.

- That generator of yours is more suited for Hovers. Get the LOTUS or CR-G91 back on.

- EYE-4 doesn't go well with DINGO, your stability is craptatistic, if you ever fight some of those ACs with some stun power, you'll soon see stun locking situations on your AC. Try to get another leg, maybe S3 or COUGAR2 or even 69F? (forgot that name... ya know, the low EN Drain, pointy Crest legs)

S3 would give more sense to the XS.

Switching the core to /UL2 then maybe? (I don't think you'd greatly need an OB here, but if you want one, the /UL series seems good)

- Have you tried the SKULL or the SKULL2? These are imo, some of the best dual weapons out there. Great firing rate, damage potential, and good enough shot velocity. The only thing you'll have to do is balance out your EN.

- As a blade, you'd maybe prefer ELF3. Short range sure, but it's wave does as much, and maybe, even more damage than the ELF2's slash. Add the blade hit + the wave and you've got yourself a nice damage dealer.

• 1 month later...

First off, I don't know of any G68P generator, so I expect you mean G84P, less this is mislabeled as an LR AC and is actuality a LRp AC, because I haven't read up or anything on LRp's new parts enough to know.

Anyway...

KARURA is a junky launcher because of the way the missiles spread. They clump together and are easier to dodge than MAGORAGA or KINNARA. In general, Micro missiles flop due to the eventuall cluster clumping. Sure, great against things in missions, and low AI, otherwise... meh. SPARTOI+FUNI is another alternative. SATYROS also exist, though I'm sure people will tell me I'm crazy. I love them, especially for OB jousting... they sexy. Otherwise your usual 69M or NYPHE suggestions.

You chose missiles, but neglected relation extensions. GAR or FUNI is probably what you want, keeps it light. RM is nice quick drop offensive sometimes as well.

ICURUS is garbage. They gave it a crappy OB DRAIN, Equip Drain, Heat Res. People usually suggest UL2 for OB, as it provides better stats, VS MG, and HANGERS. HELIOS is > ICURUS.

XS has a glitch to it, I think related to the blade aptitude being off... it acts stronger IIRC. While it is good on drains, it is weak in defenses/aim adjust and accuracy. MACAQUE was always suggested for the better def stats, but w/e, I don't see enough issue.

For head I suggest EYE3 (solo) or S2/S4 (with RA back mount radar). The later S4+RA is the best stability & radar combo in game.

DINGO < DINGO2, just check the extended stats. DINGO2 drains less, is lighter, and has better movement stats. I'll give you credit for trying originality like others pointed out, but LR is unkind to originality in certain respects... brutally so at times. The game is weight centric, due to the underweight issue; the lighter your frame is in comparison to max leg load, the faster you move.

T2 are heavy, and hot boosters. They also have crappy boost acceleration, which means that despite the game telling you it increases your MAX BOOST SPEED, it'll take you more time to reach that speed than with other boosters... they have to accelerate up to their max speed. The better the acceleration, the quicker you reach max speed, the less you need to boost to make dodges, and can then get more out of taps and hops with the boosters. BIRDIE, BIRDIE2, VULTURE, VULTURE2 are what you'll be looking to pick from, based on your desire to OB. TP is PvP banned, otherwise that's the only booster you should EVER use if you want the best mobility in the game. Otherwise that's where the other boosters fill in... try to.

I like the DEMON. Otherwise just go SHADE.

Test out MIROKU FCS.

If you go UL2 vs HELIOS, hanger ELF3 if you have it, and put a WS lock left gun. HP most likely. I know ELF3 is shorter, and uses more energy, but seriously, you'd rather hit and make a dent that simply kitty scratch your enemies with ELF2, and it's evil if you get the wave attack from it to add into a hit.

AMINO, ES, SS, EC, CODON, GOLGI, MARISHI for suggested UL2 optional parts.

G91 suggest for generator. Tune it for weight and/or output.

Edited by ChaosApostle

Dingo1 can work out pretty good as a mid-tier leg, but you gotta handle it right. Dingo2 is always a solid suggestion, haha. Demon is definitey good at DPS, but it doesn't hit as often as it should vs experienced players. That's its only real downside, I feel. Also, I wouldn't bother with Birdie or Birdie2 except on the rare AC. Generally, you want to stick to either Vulture2 or Gull. Depending on your Surplus EN/Cooling stats.

Are you sure it was XS that has the blade damage glitch? I can never remember. Someday I should test those to see exactly what their real blade aptitude stat is. It'd be good for the ACU Wiki, too.

Oh yah, before I forget. Micro missiles suck. Don't use them vs players unless you REALLY know what you're doing.

I'm pretty sure the glitch is with XS arms. As there is the glitch with DRILL2, but that's a paint issue. I dunno, it was in one of the more recent threads on here or ACO... probably on ACO in response to the hacking project with the guy delving into the code to dig out further understanding on the dynamics of things. Edited by ChaosApostle