• AC2AA
    • AC3
    • SL
    • NX
    • NB
    • LR
    • AC4
    • ACFA

Man, I feel sorry for the poor bastards that started out with Last Raven. I remember reading a bunch of belly aching a while back that centered around the core thought of "THIS GAME IS TOO HARD AND NOT ANY FUN". Unless you were fairly decent right from the start. I was so shitty at AC when I started playing... I thought Zaltehook was gdlk. Edited by Lenin

Not to mention LR had the worst mobility mechanics I can remember and some of the worst part balance to grace an AC game. There's something seriously wrong when your only choices in a game are to be more or less absurdly cheap or completely ineffectual. Even the fail of FA 1.2 was at least a temporary snafu. LR mechanics you were stuck with.

Not to mention LR had the worst mobility mechanics I can remember and some of the worst part balance to grace an AC game. There's something seriously wrong when your only choices in a game are to be more or less absurdly cheap or completely ineffectual. Even the fail of FA 1.2 was at least a temporary snafu. LR mechanics you were stuck with.

That's not true at all, though. I don't remember having to be absurdly cheap to ever win a match.

IMO, NX and NB had worse mobility mechanics, and NB had nasty part balance issues. LR's movement mechanics were great and the part balance was pretty darn good outside of a few parts. Almost as good as SL. AA was kinda weird though...it was a slow game but the movement mechanics were nice.

The worst part balance of any AC game goes to PP. Worst movement mechanics was NX.

Nah I think that's you just being stuck with using Shade1/Shade2 and playing defensive. There's more to LR than that.

That's not true at all, though. I don't remember having to be absurdly cheap to ever win a match.

IMO, NX and NB had worse mobility mechanics, and NB had nasty part balance issues. LR's movement mechanics were great and the part balance was pretty darn good outside of a few parts. Almost as good as SL. AA was kinda weird though...it was a slow game but the movement mechanics were nice.

The worst part balance of any AC game goes to PP. Worst movement mechanics was NX.

PD's right. NB's part balance was worse than LR... NB had three leg sets. Two were banned. Honestly, if you weren't building a tank or quad, there was zero reason to not use DINGO2. It's a little less gay in LR.

But I do understand what Iron's talking about, even if he did make it into a bit of a caricature. I think it's mainly the gaps in average speed of different weight classes... Booster acceleration was lame, too.

Well booster acceleration was nice in a way (made the Birdie 1 boosters worthwhile) but it really kills tanks because of their horrible acceleration in addition to heat, drain and low power. On the other hand, it made the TP broken. And I think acceleration was just too high over all because it made jinking really powerful. I think if they had fixed that and made weapons somewhat more accurate the game would be great.

Wasn't weapon accuracy also a part of why B83TP hit the banlist? Guns couldn't track it.

... The more I think about it, the more I feel that LR should not have been the last game in the good part of the series. It really wasn't a good note to leave on.

LH what was your first AC game?

Mine was a demo of AC1 that was on some weird playstation underground disc. I played it for about two years. When I finally found an AC game, it was uhh AC1 and PP at the same time. I think MOA came out kind of soon after, too. Bizarre huh?

I actually did the same thing with AC2 and AA. I stopped playing AC after I finished high school for about two years, then i picked up AC2 and AA together about 3-4 months before my first real tournament, then um I played consistently from then on until NX came out. Then I stopped for a few years cuz it was terrible and so was NB.

Then I got LR and I was happy again. LR is so good, despite what Avenger would have you believe. So sad. He's a Pats fan though, so no surprises there.

Edited by Penguin Deus

I started with AC1, then the next time i saw Armored Core come out was when AC2 came out for the PS2.

Someone told me that there were 2 more that were part of the PS1 era, so I got PP and MoA, played them, and by that time AA came out.

I followed the series from there all the way up to LR.

Started out with ACPP. I first saw the game when my uncle played it in his PSX. IIRC I was able to play AC1 right after finishing MoA. AC was one of the badass stuff that introduced me to the realm of real robots and developed interest in them, which became one of my deepest passions regarding fandom. Edited by Goat

• 1 month later...

AC1 when i was like 5...?

AC2 when i was 7 (When i figured out that you could sell parts to buy a machine gun i was excited!)

AC3 when i was 11. (Never finished due to loss of game)

AC4 when i was 13. (Quickboost is funnn!)

ACFA when i was 13. (White Glint your sexy.)

AC3p (Finally finished AC3's story!)

ACSLp (Silent line is FUN!)

AC1 on PSP (Finished it)

ACPP on PSP (Stopped due to LRp)

AC MoA on PSP(Never started but i have it)

ACLRp Just recently. (I now know why it is hard.)

started with AC2.....got it with my ps2 for x-miss and got pissed off on the first mission lol. from there i got all the AC games that came out for the ps2. PS where do you get ACLRp? i can;t find it.

ACLRp=Armored Core Last Raven Portable

It's currently only in Japanese and you need a "Speical PSP to play it"

PM me if you are interested.

Armored Core was my first AC, i was buying games randomly at game shop, when the cover catch my attention.

Jumped on my chair when i found the game ALLOW you to change body parts and weapons and back weapons!!! and COLORS!!!

I skipped PP, don't know why, i think i missed it. At that time i'm not really a fan of AC since my primary gaming was RPG.

Continued by MoA, playing that makes me a fan until now. It was fun playing 2p split-screen with my little brother, but i always lose to him ;) .

Skipped AC2, i think it's because i don't have PS2 at the time it was released, and by the time i've got one, the game was sold out. Craved the stories from AA and from stories other players told me.

Since then never skipped any single game except the ones in PSP. And finally able to beat my little brother in Last Raven (i always lose to him this whole time in the previous AC games).

Edited by Master P Rayer