ACU 3S VSGC Fall 2014 Tournament

Harakiri Tiger

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna cap it at 8 entrants, we need one last person to sign up with characters tho. Pie if you want to join you gotta submit characters by midnight central time tomorrow, 10pm your time. Other people are free to steal the spot from him tho, if you sign up first with characters.

I'm probably gonna add a prize of $10 game of choice from Steam/GOG too.

Hope nobody is EVO level. lol, I got knocked out of a local third strike tournament in the semi-finals by some guy that makes a living off winning tournaments.

I'm surprised nobody used the bum guy who has an alt color that makes it look like he dipped into a pile of cocaine, or the boxer gentlemanguy.

Also, is the order changeable before the match and stays like that for the rest of the best out of rounds against the opponent, or stays as we put it in the original post? In order, it should be Ibuki, Alex, Makoto for me if its the latter, since I save my highest tier character for last. I have no idea why I wrote Makoto first, my bad.

Edited by Fragrant

You'll do ok. The tournament is mostly beginners to novice level players, with some players in the apprenticeable range. None are intermediate/EVO level. Those of us who are better refrained from entering this tournament so the playing field would be more fair. Right now we have roughly two legit wildcards in the tournament. You and ShoryShory. Nobody really knows if one of you is a secret weapon or not.

You are free to re-arrange the order of your chars before every opponent as 90/SBG and the rules state under Set Rules. You don't have to worry about them being locked in the order you submitted for the tournament unless you fail to notify me the order before your match. Latest submission time I can accept a custom order is midnight central time the night before your match.

Note that you can also swap supers between each fight on non-cloned characters. For example, players like Fukei can change supers on Q or Hugo or Urien between every fight against a single opponent. He can kill a character using Q SA1 and then he can swap to SA2 on the next character, even though he can't swap Q out till Q dies. Players like TNPenis can't swap supers at all though, since he has three cloned chars. It means he essentially has to pick the order of his supers before the fight.

If you have other questions, please feel free to ask. I don't mind making rules clarifications.

CHALLONGE BRACKETS GOING UP SOON AND BETTING TOPIC WILL BE UP BY TOMORROW! GET READY TO BET ON MATCHUPS! Fight times should also be posted right after I get those two done.

Awesome, thanks for the clarifications. Haven't played in years too, so I'm probably as good as most of the other players here.

Speaking of tournaments, the 2013 EVO worldchampion plays at the arcade near where I live. They play money matches with $20 entry fee every week. Mid-tiers and lower don't enter since they would be giving money away for free. I don't enter because I don't want to pay the price of a game knowing I will lose and be eliminated after a single match.

Edited by Fragrant

Challonge brackets updated.

Your opponents are now decided. Brackets were randomly generated. The OP has the link in the useful info section updated as well. I'll probably try and update the OP with some more info and the $10 Steam/GOG prize info tonight as well. I'm also considering making a rules addendum topic for complex rules/explanations and to keep my OP clean.

First round of matches will be done over a three day spread between October 13th and 15th, preferably all on the 13th if possible.

The most convenient time to have matches would be between 8pm and midnight (central time) of the 13th. Please show up in ACU chat during that time and we can get you in as soon as the chance arises.

However, matches can be done any time it's convenient for you during those days. Simply PM a referee here on the forum with your available hours and we'll work to make the matches fit your schedule. It is possible to do the matches after the three day spread, but it is not preferred since that won't allow proper time for betting to take place on the next round of matches.

I intend to partition rounds of the tournament out so we always have at least 2-3 days of betting time for each week/round of fights.

Man, you're a hell of a confident better.

Well I'll give you a heads up on how betting will work since the topic will take some time still. You get 1000mt (miracle tears) to start and you gotta place all your bets before the day of the fights, so in this case by midnight the 12th. Basically what I'm saying is that you'll have to divide up that 1000 however suits you among those four fights for that day. If you go bankrupt your money will refresh after that round of fights is over for the next week of fights. I'm not gonna say exactly how much the refresh is, but it's less than your starting money.

I'm also going to have seasons for the betting. Probably a season per year, with an archive post/topic for who got rich or bankrupt the years before. That's enough to let us do a bunch of tournaments. I'm fine with our betting stuff being used in other tournaments here too: SF4, AC, whatever.

SHOULD BE GREAT!

Interesting betting system.

Speaking of betting, theirs an official site that bets on tournaments like EVO, they bet real money, during the EVO finals, the bets were insane.

http://www.saltybet.com/

My first opponent is Nomrah.

What happens if the fighters of that match bet on themeselves or their opponent?

I actually have no idea how betting works.

Edited by Fragrant

Saltybet does not use real money. It was also the inspiration for this betting system.

I assume we can bet on ourselves or our opponent since there's no real reason to throw the fight for fake money when there is a real prize for winning. If contestants are barred from betting then that puts them at a disadvantage compared to the people who get to bet on every match.

Do you mean betting in general? Like you don't know how to gamble?

Idk how we're going to do odds or if we're even going to do odds but say there were even odds (1:1). That means if you bet $5 and win you will get $5 (breaking even). If you lose then you lose $5. If there are not even odds then that means one person is favored over the other. Say the odds for Fragrant vs. Nomrah is 2:1 then that means it's believed that Nomrah is more likely to win. Thus, betting on him will net you less money. If you bet on the one with higher odds and they win then you will win more money with the same bet ($5 bet on Fragrant gets $10 if he wins; $5 bet on Nomrah gets $5 if he wins).

they havent explained the betting yet

there is no oddsmaker here and we don't have enough ppl for forming odds via bets anyhow imo so im guessing its something wild simplified like u bet and if u win u get 2x back (ie ur bet + the prize money which is = to ur bet)

if the house has infinite miracle tears and we assume all odds are even which are both reasonable and fair that'd be the easiest way to do it

and yeah ppl should be allowed to bet on themselves i dont see why not in this case