Back R // 69M

Arm R // RLA

Arm L // R3

Hangar R // 69H

Hangar L // 69H

OP // AMINO, ES, SS, L+, KISSYOH, CODON, R+, MARISHI

Paint:

~ soon to be edited in ~

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1202.snc4/155426_1345828105829_1835096963_637203_3786870_n.jpg

Notes:

Missiles+GAR2+R3 are its main chipping weapons (GAR2 provides me with 14 salvos, compared to the 9 from RM3,) while RLA serves as the AC's big gun (although it can be purposefully dropped to lose that almost 1000 Weight.) This is designed for endurance and mobility. So far, I have no issues with this setup. Last note - this is my answer to ACO AceOfHeart's Haselbauer, and my very first Design Post here in ACU. I've been posting most of my designs at the ACO Prorotype Designs, so go ahead and take a look at them when you have the time. :-D

Edited by Niji
Added AC:LR prefix.

The thing with Gar2 is that it won't hit as much as RM3. RM3 is a highly stable missile pack in LR. More stable than most of the standard back-mounted missile packs. I'd definitely suggest switching off Gar2 and just going down to Gar or up to RM3. RM3 would probably benefit you the most since it pairs very well with the starter missiles.

The thing about RLA is that it's also got stability problems compared to its predecessor, the RL. The RL is just a much more easily applied gun, much like the LGL back cannon. The RLA will probably hamper your ability to beat other AC's in PvP more than just using the R2 or a second R3 rifle. I would definitely suggest replacing it for RL if you want to use a linear rifle. The rest of the bot is fine, nothing major and I would assume it was partially designed towards aesthetical tastes.

As for ACO, I refrain from going there to check out designs since a majority of the designers and people who comment on designs are silly. They rarely have any experience with the game in a PvP environment at all and yet want competitive AC's while at the same time not wanting to admit their designs are bad or need changing. Especially in the PS2 generation. PS2 generation has always been like that, though. If you want good advice for designs ask LCC, TMRaven, and Penguin Deus. Most of the people on this website who frequent the 3rd Gen subforum know at least the basics of what they're talking about, so you'll probably get some good advice if a few others decide to comment on your bot. Another site that is great for advice on PS2 generation AC's is Raven Republic. They still hold in-person LR tournaments!

Good luck with your designs!

=3

quick and short comments,

- change core tuned to 3 cool and 7 shell def.

- change arms to A94FL and 10 shell def tuned.

- change right arm weapon to WR93RL.

- change extension to E92RM3 or GAR.

- change legs tuned to 5 cool and 5 max weight.

- drop right hanger out.

- swap WB69M to left side.

just like that.

~Then I suppose B2 is the better choice for this, if I'm right, since the power of that bazooka simply defeats the purpose of equipping RLA, plus the lesser drain and better accuracy.

~Switching to RM3.

~I'm not really used to equipping FL. I'd rather slap in MACAQUE.

~DEF Tunes don't mean a thing in LR. Tried and tested, even a pure DShell tuning won't change the hurt caused by a nade.

~For some angular reasons, right side 69M's are more accurate.

Actually, I've already learned some designing concepts in ACO from those three Ravens you mentioned, especially TM. I do have an account at RR, but I rarely logged in to their forums.

You say they're still holding in-person tournaments?! Where? I'd really like it if they're going to hold another at the Philippines. :) That will be my first time if I can attend there.

B2 is an inaccurate bazooka. Trust me, while it looks fine and seems easy to use in vs AI combat, it's very easy for a real person to put it to work and make you miss a lot of shots. Even if you lean in or joust and do everything you can to make them count you're almost gauranteed to underperform compared to the BP bazooka. The BP plays pretty differently from RL, though.

The RLA and RL are a different class of weapon. They're major purpose isn't really to deal huge damage. It's to provide heavy threat and help control your opponent. The stun on them is significant and can deter people from trying to CQC you or from trying to fight you from close-mid range. Also, at range it'll force people to stay on their toes because a few hits of stun from that weapon can let you close the distance fast and then they may be effectively stunlocked. The linear rifle is more likely to make your R3 hit compared to a bazooka, as well. You can think of all linear guns as support & threat (pressure) weapons. They're control weapons with the ability to still support your left hand weapon enough to do significant damage.

The nature of the weapons is just different. As for switching to a bazooka, it's all your call. I don't really know how you're playing this AC to say whether switching would benefit you more or not.

Macaque is good on just about everything. FL is a good call, but it's definitely harder for some people to use. Honestly, XS was fine on here too.

I think the reason you're getting a higher accuracy out of right side is probably because of the trajectory you fire from. Some missiles are more accurate when fired up close/far away/above/below/to the side of your opponent. There's a chance it has to do with the direction you're running/boosting when you decide to fire. Spartoi missiles are a good example of missiles that make you check your shoulder position before you fire. I'd suggest playing a few matches with them equipped to get used to how different forms of movement affect your missile trajectory. There may be a chance you just enjoy moving in one specific direction more, which would hamper your overall accuracy with missiles on another shoulder.

Tuning does change damage, but you have to tune to a specific amount. TMRaven has done stuff like that extensively. As for grenades, that's basically the point of grenades! They're supposed to do enough damage that it takes a major defense bump to actually survive extra hits. The tunes will affect more minor damage weapons by forcing them to land another 2-3 hits to kill you. Guns such as the Rifles/Sniper Rifles/Handguns/Machine Guns (Especially)/Shotguns/Laser Rifles/Pulse Guns are affected by minor defense tweaks to a significant degree. Those bonus 2-3 hits along with good mobility on your AC means your opponent should need around 6-10 more shots to kill you. That slightly higher defense also means it's easier to keep your AP lead if you get one.

RR is a philippine website, yah. Their tournies are all held there. I know they were either planning a 2v2 tourney recently or had a 2v2 tourney recently. They do the stuff a lot. You'd have to check in with NiX to find out when they might be holding the next tourney. If I could go to the philippines I would, just so I could play LR with them!

D=

haha :)) I can readily take buses to anywhere they'll hold a tourney. It will also be my first time in high-level PvP battles!

RL and B2? now that made me think about it. My purpose for such weapons is not for pressure, but rather, for cheap shots. 69M+RM3+R3 combo can do well in ranged pressure. But spamming it from the start will definitely leave me empty-handed in a minute or more seconds, so I'll pick some of my shots. That's what some Ravens do, right?

BTW, can you show me the link to TM's DEF charts?

Oh, TM never made any charts. He just manually goes in and tests defense with a rifle for some AC's till he finds the exact amount of defense it takes to register a change in overall damage. The guy is pretty crazy! Haha. He probably can tell you the best point totals to tune for, though.

Generally speaking, every 50 points of defense you gain is a garuanteed change in the amount of hits you can take from lower damage weapons.

Btw, if your purpose is to potshot people... totally roll a zook. I'd do the BP zook if you can carry the weight. It's also got a fuckton of ammo.

Oh, TM never made any charts. He just manually goes in and tests defense with a rifle for some AC's till he finds the exact amount of defense it takes to register a change in overall damage. The guy is pretty crazy! Haha. He probably can tell you the best point totals to tune for, though.

Generally speaking, every 500 points of defense you gain is a garuanteed change in the amount of hits you can take from lower damage weapons.

Btw, if your purpose is to potshot people... totally roll a zook. I'd do the BP zook if you can carry the weight. It's also got a fuckton of ammo.

unfortunately, it can't carry BP, so B2 is the primary choice. I'll probably perform the same experiments myself, in Offline Versus mode.

:)

Every 50 points is a guaranteed change, indeed.

But noticeable changes take place in increments of 20~25 DEF Points, from what I calculated.

That little change is literal. I mean, it takes out 1 point of AP damage from weaker guns, 2~3 points from guns like RL, 69M, Shade, etc., and I think, around 4~8 points from Bazookas, Cannons, etc.

And one more complication is that D-Shell and D-EN has different base reductions [although if you take all the AP Parts, DEF values all go down to 0].

A little off-topic, but the info should be worth it. :P

B2 is an awesome mid-tier gun in LR. It's a fine choice for giving someone an uppercut at any point in the match. I used to use it all the time and I didn't fight AI. RLA is not great, though. Go B2 or go home!

Um gar2 isn't too reliable, either. I'd run gar or rm3, here. From what I can gather the general idea would be spam off missiles and l arm shots while looking for an opening to jam the r arm weapon down someone's throat.

I like the frame, and I like the general idea. I think I'd prefer OB on this, but what you have should be just fine. Just take more time with your B2 set-up.

You know what, though? I think I might run hp w/ hangar wraith on the l arm, instead. I'm not too sure...but I'll explain what I'm thinking, here.

1. So if you run hp w/ wraith on the left, you can maximize your stun and give the b2 the best shot of landing. Wraith always seems to stun better than 69h, and with rm3+starter and b2, you should be able to put their legs in yellow fairly early. Once in yellow, the wraith can be used to stunlock them long enough for a b2 round to teabag them. This kind of strat is going to require playing close and paying attention to the opponent's movements.

2. If you went with r3, I'd drop the hangar weapon on the left arm, and I'd work the r3's ability to support the missiles as much as I could. That'd be closer to the original idea I thought I saw going on here. This could possibly be safer given the lack of OB, as well.

At the moment, I'm leaning towards 1. mainly because you don't have OB so if you can't go faster, you'll want to make them slower. I'm not sure what I'd go with in practice, though. I'd recommend testing both and seeing what you like more. I think that boils down to a purely stylistic difference.

If I recall correctly, b3 was a pretty nice option in nexus and ninebreaker, and hit pretty regularly. In last raven though, B3 and B2 both have pretty much equal chances of hitting. Since B2 hits way harder than B3, I'd consider B2 to be a superior bazooka. BP shits over all zooks in nb and lr, tho. BP shits over more than zooks in nb actually.

Yeah b3 is terrible. In fact all of the bazookas except b2 and bp are shit in LR. I always got b2 to hit more often than any other bazooka except bp. I think it also had a slightly higher shot velocity than the other bazookas (minus bp). Not to say it's a particularly accurate gun, but it's not like, say, ettin or anything.

The nice thing about b2 is that it's fairly light for how much damage and stun you get per shot, and it runs special lock. It's sort of like a poor man's 81g.

bp is one of the best guns in LR, but it's a big weight commitment so I figured commenting on b2 made sense since it'd probably be easier for him to put on.

I get B3 to hit more than B2 but B2 fits a niche where B3 doesn't. B3 can basically be replaced with RL or any sniper and get the same effect at a longer range with more consistency. And if you want to joust but don't have the weight for B2/BIG just roll a shottie.

I get B3 to hit more than B2 but B2 fits a niche where B3 doesn't. B3 can basically be replaced with RL or any sniper and get the same effect at a longer range with more consistency. And if you want to joust but don't have the weight for B2/BIG just roll a shottie.

you mean, SP? I'm not pretty certain about using Shotguns... And my ability to land full packs of shells. I'll switch hangars to 2xWRAITH, and settle with the rest of my setup. Thanks btw.