Gran Turismo 5

Taurus

The online racing in this game nukes Forza's though. In the same way that Forza nukes this game when it comes to customization. GT also has better physics. Those two things make it easy for me to decide between the two.

Unfortunately, the game is designed in a way that makes building up for online a chore.

His acceleration should be zero after a crash like that. The current damage is better than nothing, but would a realistic option have been so bad?

Thinking about it though, if he got away with such light damage because there is a damage cap, I guess it's not too bad. I was initially under the impression that damage was scaled down at all speeds. By that I mean that at every speed you would take less damage in GT5 than in reality. If instead, the damage is realistic up to the equivalent (energy wise, not speed wise) of a 20 mph crash, minor accidents could still be recreated faithfully.

I still want my car to lose invulnerability though.

Consider the following

1 hour endurance race.

Down to the last 5 minutes.

Terrible crash.

Lose.

For a game, that wouldn't be fun.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Just bought this game, pretty much my first racing game but I'm really enjoying it. On my PS account I see Keanu and Exorcet play, as well as posters in here, anyone else? More importantly, anyone feel like starting it up to do some races sometime? Currently I'm thoroughly enjoying my Shelby GT350 67', and I have a Mazda RX-7 Spirit that I'm working with. Edited by Nomrah

I'm still diggin the game, venturing into online racing finally. My fastest car is a Ford GT5 but it gives me a hard time on turns because it accelerates so damn fast, wants to spin out when I accelerate when my wheels are not completely parallel. I'll probably just loosen up the transmissions tuning around 2nd and 3rd gear. I bought a Mercedes Benz SLS AMG yesterday for half a million but haven't tried it yet, the car looks amazing.

Keanu how the heck did you get to lvl 14 without doing a race event?

Also Supplice, what are some things you've heard that will outdo GT5? I'm hoping you'll say something regarding deeper customization. Pretty much what I've heard so far is about 500 new cars and more tracks.

Keanu how the heck did you get to lvl 14 without doing a race event?

Sign in multipliers x License tests. I actually have to do races now because I didn't get to a high enough level to start on my next license. :(

I'm sure I'll enjoy the racing, but I honestly wouldn't mind if the game was just a massive amount of mini-trials.

Edited by Keanushiro

I see, I don't think I've done any license tests yet, I'll have to check those out next time I'm on.

The event races are pretty easy for the most part , cars won't hardly pass you unless you wipe out or run into a wall or if you slow down for no good reason, otherwise just take the lead and don't wipe out pretty much. It gets more difficult in the later races though where there are tons of turns and the road is narrow, especially when its 5 laps.

Just bought this game, pretty much my first racing game but I'm really enjoying it. On my PS account I see Keanu and Exorcet play, as well as posters in here, anyone else? More importantly, anyone feel like starting it up to do some races sometime? Currently I'm thoroughly enjoying my Shelby GT350 67', and I have a Mazda RX-7 Spirit that I'm working with.

I have the game, but I haven't played it in about a year or something. I switched to Forza, 4 was a vast improvement over 3.

I pretty much have everything and infinite money, so if you want cars or a race I guess I can. I'm hard to catch on PSN now though,, so best to look for me in chat.

Awesome, sounds good. I'm getting settled into my Mercedes Benz SLR Mclaren, I'm trying to perfect the suspension but its a bit confusing, I've got ride height down, but then the rest requires so much trial and error to figure out. Once I get it to my liking I'll be hitting the online races much more, and I'll try to get some races in with you sometime.

Last couple of days I've been doing constant tuning for my SLR, I've done trial mountain over 100 times while tweaking tunes (gave me a free car for that lol). I've got a much better understanding of it all at this point, and I'm feeling very comfortable with my car. I'm game for any races around 600-700 pp with this car. Great balance between understeer and oversteer has been achieved, and everything else I'm feeling good about. Edited by Nomrah