Ekhazar/Aaliyah

Boosters:

Judith/Aaliyah/Holofernes/rigel

Weapons:

Motorcobra/051ansr/Wheeling03/Travers/Yasmin

Stabilized

(0,0)

Tunes:

50 in En output, En cap, maneuverability, lock speed, vertical thrust, Back QB, side QB, turning

42 in missile lock

Analysis:

Ok, so Shillyshally doesn't actually work. It seemed like a good idea when I built it. Time for a replacement.

Back in AC1 when I first started playing the first AC I ever built and used to beat the game was a super heavyweight. I play tanks once in a while to take a break from CQC and decided I wanted a superheavy as an option.

Frame:

047: The most overused head part in the game, its dull and boring but gets me the lock range I need to use the SR and wheeling effectively.

Argyros: Solid all around defenses. The core's only real flaw is the low stability.

Hilbert: These have better weapons handling that the GA arms although they have less shell defense and AP, the decrease in weight allowed me to equip a heavier SR

Argyros: These are the only legs that can carry the AC. I think that works as a super heavyweight theme but these obviously lack mobility and stability. If I used the Raiden tank legs the frame would look exactly like a competitive tank.

Booster line:

To put it simply heavies cannot reach the same speeds as lightweights so I didn't bother trying. The boosters where chosen for en efficiency so that I could fly forever and therefore not be nade bait.

Judith: Vertical thrust. I took these over something like Aaliyah because this AC really isn't meant to try and go forward. If it has to engage something a long range it uses the SR, wheelings and cover.

Aaliyah: Good bailout boosters. Just so that I don't get overrun. Although if my opponent is using virtue mains it won't matter, given the weight of the AC.

Holofernes: I don't really like this booster but its long duration gave me the best ability to turn

Rigel: If someone does close AA should allow some breathing room when they also have to dodge swarms of wheelings, nades and a MG.

Weapons:

Motorcobra: A PA breaker to make lightweights back off or eat a grenade. If I run into another heavy or tank it can be used offensively, I guess.

051ansr (toying with the idea of the 061): A solid poking weapon for long range. The wheelings make people dodge so that they're easy picking here. Works alright at mid range.

Wheeling03: Long-mid range spam to work with the SR. Or it can be used to make anything lacking flares break contact.

Travers: The hardest hitting weapon on the AC. Combines with the MG or wheelings well vs grounded targets. If I have to fire it in the air this is the nade launcher most likely to register a hit.

Yasmin: Spreads and scatters are probably this AC's worst enemy. Flares make them go away.

Heavyweights aren't really something I know much about in FA I used them more in the earlier games and kinda lost them to light-mids once AC3 came out.

I have a big problem with using AC's with low turning ability and low-powered boosters because it hamstrings your ability to turn. Aside from the Gan01-SS-A arms having insufficient maneuverability to use the Motorcobra as a CQ deterrent, you won't be able to turn to combat against fly-bys.

....and that wasn't good choice for HW AC.

EDIT 1 : 3-5 times of any shotgun(s), one blade slash (EB-O700), 1-2 shot of KAMAL, VTF missiles......that would be break PA easily, no matter tuning PA rectification or not.

EDIT 2 : added booster is, more boost power+more weight = more drain. so, that wasn't good choice too.

Edited by Tarstrudelvick

Actually what noob said is still fair game.

With the PA amplifier shoulder add-ons, they're effective as long as you take into consideration that most good heavyweights have a way to deter CQC. Under the assumption that the heavyweight has a good method for CQ denial, the AC will only be under fire from rifles, sniper rifles, grenades, sniper cannons, rail weapons, and maybe machine guns if they choose to spam, and more PA rectification would be able to noticeably reduce incoming damage from those weapons. That still leaves missiles, yeah, but if you really wanted to play to win with a flare-less heavy, just use cover. That's a sufficient substitute for flares.

As for side-add boosters, I haven't tried them myself, but they still sound fine in concept to me. Having more side quickboost power means that you have more quick turning ability, which therefore means you can combat fly-by playstyles better. Furthermore, drain is hardly an issue in FA. At best you'll only have to touch the ground a few seconds before you take off again or even use cover!

Side adds work perfectly fine. The weight is trivial and was a stupid thing to mention because the added thrust more than makes up for it (Especially with Holofernes sides with it's QB duration to take full advantage) and the drain can, most of the time, be very easily built around. An Argyros legged design like this though would have to run a minimal drain weapon set, since the frame tends to end up very drainy. But the outcome is a PA monster (Typically able to take more punishment than defense stacked tanks) with surprising mobility, making it very hard to take down. It's worth it. It just depends on whether or not you would be comfortable using it since it's slightly unorthodox.

But for other legs, like Hilbert, it's very easy to build with and you can usually end up with something with very nice speed for it's weight class or an intimidating weapon set to complement just above average speed. Railguns, Wheeling03, etc, drainy things Argyros can't really handle but aren't really necessary. Side adds can also be used to make freakishly quick pseudo-heavies with the midweight GAN0 legs, which make the drain even easier to cope with since the legs have very little compared to any actual heavy.

Sure, like /b/ said, the AC will have to touch to the ground, but smart piloting will handle that and most of the time you'll either end up with something with enough PA to laugh off grenades and missiles or enough mobility to make avoidance of such things pretty easy unless the enemy is within a pickle's distance of you. Which is when "smart piloting" comes in.

A heavy without flares equals dead? Wrong. Have you ever fought a missile spammer with a machine gun? If you can keep a bead the missiles will explode on the launcher causing even MORE damage. And in a fight I have never repeat never ran out of machine gun ammo in a fight. Its the perfect replacement for flares. If you dont believe me fight the missile only arena fight and use machine gun arms. So I would actually switch flares to the add boosters because I think that increases Quick Turn speed.

A heavy without flares equals dead? Wrong. Have you ever fought a missile spammer with a machine gun? If you can keep a bead the missiles will explode on the launcher causing even MORE damage. And in a fight I have never repeat never ran out of machine gun ammo in a fight. Its the perfect replacement for flares. If you dont believe me fight the missile only arena fight and use machine gun arms. So I would actually switch flares to the add boosters because I think that increases Quick Turn speed.

I've played multiple missile spammers with a MG. Thats not an instant kill, decent missile spammers will be jousting them making it much harder to keep a bead on them and if they are using vertical missiles your machine gun will do nothing to stop them.

You can thread missiles through a MG, its not that hard. A heavy without flares can use cover to stop missiles, which it should be doing even with flares, however cover isn't always available.

The AI in this game is awful. Its easy to blow up those missiles with dual aciaca. Anyone online with some skill will be moving when they fire their missiles, either over you or to the side. If they are moving to the side it makes it considerably harder to blow their missiles up in their face and even if you succeed they take less damage.

I've acknowledged that add sides might have useful. I decided to stick with flares on Orion and try add sides on my PA heavy.