The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Magnus

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not even meta tbh, it's blatantly obvious.

Orcs = take 1/2 damage while doing x2 damage for a while once a day (power)

Bretons = extra magic resistance and absorb spell magic (power)

Nords = extra frost resistance and a shit fear spell power

Altmer = extra magicka and super magic regen power

Bosmer = make animal friends power

Argonians = waterbreathing, extra poison resistance, health regen power

Dumer = extra fire resistance and fire cloak (power)

Furfags = nobody cares

• 1 month later...

No and in rebuttal though be it late. (I was derping around KSP forum)

I choose argos for there tactical advantage, not for any other reason. I hate furrys because 99% of them are gay anal loving re res that try to convince you tearing your colon to oblivion is not wrong >:(

and you being military minded, (from what i have seen of you) you should know what im talking about.

I ran Temptress race because I wanted to play as hot bitches.

Seductive Mayhem*: Using their unmatched charm, Temptresses' Seductive Mayhem causes everyone around to fight one another, (no level cap).

Seductive Harmony*: Using their unmatched beauty, Temptresses' Seductive Harmony causes everyone to remain calm, (no level cap).

*Please note: These spells are 10x stronger than the respected Illusion spell. Seductive Mayhem will make friendly NPC's (excluding followers) attack you eventually, (they randomly attack anyone around them). Please only use in dungeons, in the wild or at your own risk.

Temptress Resistance:

Divine Blood: Blessed with the divine, Temptresses are born with immunity to disease*

Every Bethesda game needs mods. Obviously there are only some that are "required", but people like to spice the games up with more weapons, armor, magic, quests and all that stuff.

Yeah I don't doubt that, it just sounds like Skyrim really needs them. Almost a necessity.

I played New Vegas with zero mods!

My first two playthroughs on the PC were mod free. After that, I wanted to add some things. All of it, I wanted to make sure it would adhere to the lore of the game. Hence why I only have like 10.

Damn really? Like, I've played Skyrim on console cause my PC can't run it, so I wouldn't know the difference. Guess it's pretty major.

Though considering Skyrim's content is really "quantity over quality." Probably why I like Oblivion a little bit better.

I find skyrim just fine without mods. I really got into the game a couple christmases ago, and during that time I didn't have any mods. I think the only mods I had were a couple house mods that I don't use, the sku-ui-- which everybody should use for pc, and a couple comical ones that are a good laugh for maybe 30 minutes.

The graphics mods all do more harm to the game than good to me, and I never really had a need to expand the armor and weapons that were available to me.

Edited by The OB Express

I run the mods that fix the issues with the game.

If someone wanted to do a smart mod, here's what I'd do.

Basically a pocket home/dimension mod, like the Haven Bag. Make it simple, with zero clutter items like misc crap on tables and such or gold coins laying everywhere (a particular annoyance with the Haven Bag). Give it a bed, all the crafting stations (to include a forge that can craft crossbows), and some storage, like one for alchemy, one for enchanting, one for smithing, one for artifacts and goodies, and one for misc stuff; also a manniquin (just one). Also give this portable home an NPC merchant that has 100k gold and resets inventory any time you leave/enter the pocket home. Give the vender a slew of useful stuff like ammo, base armor/weapons, crafting ingredients/materials, soul gems, and all the non-quest books; also crimson nirnroot or other quest-starting items. That would be dandy.

I thought all the lore was boring, Lydia is the only character whose name I can remember, I probably couldn't quote you a single line of dialogue, and I thought all the weapons and armor were ugly except for some of the daedric and dragonbone stuff.

With mods I got crossbows that were actually useful, armor that made my bitch look hot (with light armor that could be worn endgame), swords and stuff that looked different from any of the other weapons in the game, houses that looked cooler than any spot in the game, vampire powers that actually made playing as a vampire feel different than playing as a human, non-human followers like bears and undead dragons, etc. It totally changed the feel of the game for me. I would not have played a quarter of what I played if I hadn't modded the shit out of the game.

a couple comical ones that are a good laugh for maybe 30 minutes.

idk what mods you used but I could have done with them. I didn't find any humor anywhere in the base game.

• 4 weeks later...

I do enjoy Skyrim. A lot. And now I will bitch about various things in it.

I hate how there are only three races in the game from a pragmatic perspective; there's literally no reason to be anything other than a High Elf, a Breton, or an Orc. You can't even go Redgaurd for the stamina regain power, because the game doesn't know about stamina debt so vegetable soup is already infinite power attacks.

I hate how all the faction quests are supposed to be about improving that faction, but all they really do is kill half the faction's characters and put your guy in charge. There is never a net population gain, unless you count rebuilding the Blades, and that's just stealing people from other places and putting them in the middle of nowhere. The Companions lose, as Raor put it when I talked about this with him, Anders Werewolf and Oldguy McGee, the College loses the Archmage and that girl who does his job while he wanders around, and also that other guy if you do his quests and, the Dark Brotherhood gets fucking decimated of course. The Thieves Guild comes out okay I guess, but I hate how the first thing they do is lock up that Argonian-in-a-Dark-Elf's-Body for the rest of the game. That actually ties in with a larger problem I have with the game that is kind of in the same vein. With a few notable exceptions (Dawnguard comes to mind), quests do not introduce new permanent NPCs to the game. They just keep taking away the ones that are already there. I mean, if you do every quest in the game, I'm pretty sure there's a net population loss of named NPCs, and I'm pretty sure its enormous. It makes me feel like I'm just fucking everything up for everyone all the time, killing people and despawning them and shit. It starts making parts of the game feel empty. That's probably why my favorite characters I've played in Skyrim are supposed to be evil. I feel like the game kind of forces you to be, if not a dick, at least a klutz, to really get anything done.

Speaking of the Blades, fuck their recruitment options. As mentioned, the Companions questline leaves only three members of the Circle alive, not counting your guy; it's hardly a circle at all at that point. They should rename it the fucking triangle. And then all three of those people can be recruited into the Blades, so you can just completely gut the Companions.

I hate a lot of things about Dawnguard, even though I also really like some parts of it. My biggest problem with it is removing the hostility at stage 4 of vampirism; I liked actually being forced to keep track of time, waiting for night to feed, and not just blundering in if I was stage 4. I really don't understand why they took that away when they also made it so much easier to feed, letting you hypnotize people and eat them while they're awake, and just drink blood out of a bottle. I actually like both of those additions, and with them I almost never hit stage 4 anyway, but still, I miss real stage 4. The other big problem I have with DG is a really nitpicky one, but it just grinds my teeth every time I hear it; there's this one fucking guard voice actor who couldn't remember how to do his guardvoice, so when they brought him back in to do DG dialogue he did it all in this weirdly-accented gravelly voice that doesn't match the old voice at all, resulting in all the DG-specific dialogue from one species of guard being in a completely different voice, with the guard switching back and forth between voices from line to line. All the other voice actors were able to get their shit together and reprise their roles. How did the director not notice that this guy was completely fucking up guardvoice?

My single-biggest problem with the game is the scaling. A few years ago I was reading about some mod that purports to fix it (I am a PS3, so I don't know if it actually does) , and the author described the problem as including a "plague of bears upon the land" after hitting level 20 or so. Well, fuck a plague of bears, fuck random bandits spawning with full ebony armor, and fuck every merchant selling daedric weapons and enchanted items better than any unique. When I first found out about the scaling a few years ago, I stopped playing for a few months. Since then I've capped all of my characters at low levels; I have one at 1, to see what the actual fucking game is like before the scaling starts fucking everything up, a few at 5, one at 11, and one at 19. I've enjoyed the game much, much more since I started doing specific character builds, and placing restrictions upon what each character does. I also usually don't start the main quest, because I like being able to fast travel for days without dragons spawning in and depopulating the cities even more than the quests already do.

I really like the game, though.

Edited by LS

I don't play this game but I read your essay

As mentioned, the Companions questline leaves only three members of the Circle alive, not counting your guy; it's hardly a circle at all at that point. They should rename it the fucking triangle.

Phenomenal

Well, fuck a plague of bears

fuck a plague of bears

I've enjoyed the game much, much more since I started doing specific character builds, and placing restrictions upon what each character does.

fallout 3 and NV are the same way (lol bethesda). Only way to really play them is to come up with a stupid theme and force yourself to stick to it.