The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Magnus

It's only too easy if I do the enchants.

Which for the set I would use I would get 1750 armor + ~80% magic resistance + 50% poison resistance + 108% health regen, 86% stamina regen, +94% archery damage, +94% one-hand damage, water breathing, and muffled movement on a Dragon Scale armor set.

Also, ~380 damage on the Mace or Bow and ~170 on the Dagger, without enchanting them for more damage. This also not including bonus damages for sneak or power attacks, or using potions and/or berserk powers.

If I so wished I could use the Ancient Shroud Gauntlets (from the Dark Brotherhood) which give doubles one hand and sneak damage, put more one handed enchants vs. health regen on the necklace and ring, equip 2 daggers, sneak attack while taking a one-handed potion + berserk, and get a power attack.

That would be ~340 + 188% (enchantments, not including potions) x2 (berserk) x4 (for the gloves) x15 (for Assassin's blade perk).

So with a regular attack, and no potions, that would be roughly, 76k damage.

I'm sure some of this is off, but basically you can OHKO anything with 2 daggers, if you set it up right.

The benefit of being able to easily down-grade your armor, doesn't elude me.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do, but I play on a modified master setting. Enemies do 2x damage to me, but I still do 1x damage to them rather than 0.5. I hated that the original 2x in, 0.5x out made magic so underpowered compared to weapons. The only real side effect now is that mages tend to instagib me, which is actually pretty fun. I wear resist magic 30% to compensate, which takes their damage to 1.4x normal. Much more managable, but they still drop me in seconds if I'm not warding or don't heal fast enough.

That reminds me, I had the most epic battle with Krosis. Because of master difficulty and my low level at the time it took me a whole 30 minutes to defeat him, but not because of his health. It was because everytime he hit me with his staff of fireballs I'd be an inch from death. So I had to run/dodge until my magicka got back up to heal, then run and hide some more until I had enough to cast a destruction spell and hope I didn't get hit trying to land it. Oh and in case you've never had to dodge fireballs, let me tell you it is NOT easy. The splash damage makes it incredibly hard to avoid, and to make matters worse the AI was pretty smart with its aiming. I tried jumping to see if it would shoot them in the air at me, thus losing accuracy from the splash damage. NOPE. He'd aim at the spot I would land at. He also took advantage of the splash damage if I was behind an obstacle, specifically aiming at the ground nearby so the blast radius would catch me. Overall I'd say his accuracy with that thing was 80%. The battle lasted so long that he ran out of charges with his staff. I didn't even know NPCs used charges, I thought they were just unlimited. He switched to ice spike after that, which was much less accurate and damaging. Honestly if he didn't run out of charges it probably would have taken me another 10 minutes to finish him off. But after he was dead my sense of accomplishment went through the roof. I've never had a 30 minute boss fight, clinging to life the entire time, and won.

Mods have extended my gameplay so much it's unreal. My overall enjoyment of Skyrim is roughly 1.7x what it used to be. I'm using subscribed 45 mods + 4 of my own fixing wards, wall spells, runes, and increasing the combat magicka regen rate to 50%. I once had doubts about getting a good gfx card to play on PC. It was well worth it and I'd highly recommend it.

why 1.7x why not 1.68x

Have you ever tried doing mathematics with values that represent a feeling or emotion that were assigned arbitrarily? Within that process, the secrets of the universe are found. Throw in probability and calculus and you become Buddha.

No really I have a bad habot of using numbers for things like happiness ever since I had this die-hard utilitarianist as a teacher. A lot of what he taught was very useful stuff but now it's infiltrated my everyday speech.

What card are you using?

Radeon HD 6670, which I'll be upgrading soon. It was perfect on my old 1024x768 monitor, but after I switched to a new 1920x1080, I have a slightly annoying drop in framerate with the rest of the settings the same.

Have you ever tried doing mathematics with values that represent a feeling or emotion that were assigned arbitrarily? Within that process, the secrets of the universe are found. Throw in probability and calculus and you become Buddha.

No really I have a bad habot of using numbers for things like happiness ever since I had this die-hard utilitarianist as a teacher. A lot of what he taught was very useful stuff but now it's infiltrated my everyday speech.

Why 78 words to explain it, why not 63 words.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dawnguard was amazing. I did both sides and it seriously did not change much beyond what rewards you get. But if you go Vampire, the Dawnguard are little more than a minor annoyance. If you go Dawnguard, though, vampires tend to pop up in towns and kill at random. The final assault as them is more awesome, too.

Ultimately, the vampire side was stupider because the sidequests give rewards that mostly buff the Vampire Lord transformation which isn't nearly as good as a heavily tempered Ebony Blade. You do get really neat weapons on the DG side, though. One axe with sun damage bonus that gets stronger with every undead kill, and has no charges, making it able to become INFINITELY POWERFUL.

The most disappointing part was Auriel's Bow, though. After all these chargeless weapons, the really fancy bow runs on charges and is only as strong as an elven bow. Its Sunburst power isn't all that amazing as well, and the blackout for a day is good for sneaking around outside, but that doesn't happen often, and it can lead to vampires raiding a city.

As for the actual main quests... Amazing. Just amazing. I loved the Soul Cairn and The Vale. Absolutely stunning environments compared to everything they've ever made before, going all the way back to Oblivion's fanciful worlds, even Mankar Camoran's Paradise.

I just wish they'd make some amazing house DLC already. I want another Frostcrag Spire.

The crossbow is pretty buff ya.

Did you get the Rune Hammer for the Dawnguard? It's an infinite charge warhammer that drops fire runes when you hit stuff.

You don't even have to swing the hammer, you can just block and bash with it, and it places fire runes.

The Rune Axe tops out after 10 undead kills, meaning it does 10 Sun Damage, which is honestly pretty fucking weak.