The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Magnus

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just posting this as like a note to myself, as I'm thinking about doing a legit play through with fast travel via map disabled, although I'd still be able to use carriages and stuff (maybe).

But for perks, the generally optimal build.

Archery (all but the last)

Block 4 (for block runner, so you can sneak faster)

One-handed 8 (no specialization)

Smithing (Light+Arcane)

Light Armor (all but the last)

Sneak (all)

Alchemy 12 (no poison or green thumb)

Enchanting 8 (up the middle)

Alteration 5 (magic resistance)

• 2 months later...

I finally found a house I actually like.

Thornrock

There's apparently 1-2 issues left unresolved, but they're nothing major. Good location, no bananas quest attached to it, manageable size on the inside, nothing extraneous on the outside. All the crafting stuff with storage all laid out really well, no absurd levels of loot, a nice completion/trophy room. Named storage that actually makes sense and general storage to boot.

Want one?

I only ask because I shared my Skyrim copy with another of my steam accounts, can't remember why.

EDIT: Double-checked, ya I got a spare steam account w/ Skyrim on it that I don't use. I suppose I could rent it out to ACU members wanting to try it on PC or something.

EDIT EDIT: Found the relevant thing. http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/familysharing

Edited by Turd Ferguson

So the very popular Alternate Start mod has some new option I never bothered to check out until today.

Among them is starting as a property owner, and that now includes the Hearthfire homes. Starting at the one in Dawnstar (or rather the Pale, you're closer to Whiterun than Dawnstar tbh), you get the completed house, sans additions (aka wings). Which is pretty much baller as fuck. The process of getting a Hearthfire house is not too bad, but building it is an ass pain; since it takes a billion resources (hence I never do it). Of the available plots, the one in the Pale (Heljarchen Hall) is the best. It's not right next to bandit camps or spawn points for dragons and stuff. So I'm ditching the house mods and doing this now, and it's nice because it finally gives me an excuse to use this mod and skip the normal intro component for the game. This only leaves the Shady Sam character.

• 8 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

pie i thought your computer struggled to run freecell, how are you playing skyrim with all these mods

For some reason I've bookmarked mods that I'd enjoy but will never use since I don't have a PC copy.

I am 90% [sure] it would lag even on the lowest graphical setting ... I will make do with my inferior mod-less console version.

Edited by Bae

• 1 month later...