The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Magnus

Right now I am taking my last character concept and redoing it, except this time with less health (I want it even harder) and omitting useless perks like Ward Absorb and Bladesman to integrate stealth into the mix. I'm also not doing enchanting on it so I'll have to find everything normally.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

If you're on the 360, careful with the Destruction path of perks. Doesn't look like they patched the bloody glitch to the Keening quest from the college.

So far Call Dragon is my favorite shout, but Dragon Rend is amazing at high levels. The only reason why I haven't gotten past 63 is I don't use a lot of skills, or the glitch, and if I overkill the game anymore now, I won't enjoy it.

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot to say this entirely. The Creation Kit is out. But that's not the only thing.

Steam has released another new feature, one that completely shits on their last big Steam Trading update, in which you could make money in game and then buy steam games from other people with it.

Steam Workshop is Steam's own mod database. And it's not just any mod database. It's one tied directly to your account. Which lets you.. subscribe to mods. Instead of just downloading, it'll check if there's ever a new version of your mod from the publisher, so you never have to go searching for new versions of mods you do like.

The Workshop is already filling up like crazy with Skyrim mods, and people are already taking advantage.

And furthermore, people at Bethesda themselves are making mods that may or may not be DLC or just plain free, most of which already has quite some work in it. And chances are if they won't work so well on consoles, they'll come out free for PC gamers as humble community mods. With developer level quality.

Why couldn't they finalize all the polishing work before they released the game?

I'm pretty sure the fans wouldn't mind that much.

I've lost interest in Skyrim atm, but if Xbox gets a huge DLC that gives it all that crud, I'd be interested. Hell, I'd buy it again if I had to.

Werebear ftw.

• 1 month later...

I put in Skyrim again and remade my dude, basically the same, but I went with Light Armor > Heavy Armor for the sneak and stamina regen benefits, as I still go well beyond the armor cap w/ upgraded Dragonscale.

I'm currently working on getting said Dragonscale done along with my Daedric bow/arrows, mace, and dagger/Mehrune's Razor.

Been dicking around and already have like 26k in gold.

Gold is so easily made. Now I want to pop either Skyrim or New Vegas back in and do some remakes. Maybe both.

Either way, chances are I'm just gonna make a Two-Handed master in Skyrim. Use a character that's truly nerfed, see how it changes high level play, if at all.

Light Armor is the way to be son, that 50% stamina regen and sprint costing less is so nice.

I'm working on getting the Thieves Guild maxed out, then I'm going to make a crafting gear set, and create a combat armor set of dragonscale, and a thievery (prices, lockpicking, sneak, etc..) set.

God I'm absolutely loving that I got Skyrim on PC this time. Mod fixed the lack of perk effects on runes, cloak, and wall of x spells. Plus custom difficulty (enemies deal 2x, I deal normal damage) so magic doesn't get shat on with difficulty increases.

I wish I had Skyrim for my PC, expect my PC is crappy. Be nice to have that creation kit, create some weapons, houses, etc. Anyway, yeah light armor is awesome. Sprint farther, regen stamina faster, it's truly glorious compared to my heavy armor file.

Speaking of files, I'm planning one making a file using one of the elven species, any idea which one I should choose?

The pro-wrestling-esque shoulders of Daedric armor set it up nicely.

I really am considering getting this for PC now, I just need to figure out if my laptop can run it, and if I can get an Xbox controller to play it for the majority of the time.

Then I would also have to figure out what mod packs I want.

I'm fine with that.

My laptop (Dell XPS M1530) doesn't even have the technical requirements to play Skyrim, but apparently it can, on the lowest possible graphics settings.

My laptop has a 256mb graphics card.

But, there's some tweaks and mods that are apparently just for people with 256mb graphics cards.

Back in my day, we used Omega Drivers to get games to play that normally wouldn't. Good times.

"I used to be a friendly arrow, but then I took a knee to the face."

FYI, I absolutely hate how quickly and utterly the original phrase went viral. When I first saw it, in-game, I didn't even bat an eye at it. Meanwhile, the internet is going:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3352/3271339501_dc1ecd090d.jpg

As with most memes, I just don't get why it's so uniformly popular.

Just how meme culture works.

Also, the computer I'm going to be getting has a AMD Radeon HD 6630m 256mb. Thought everything would look pretty bad. Then I saw someone using the exact same setup I'm going to have:

Apparently I will not be having any of the problems I first envisioned. Yay for me, I can has games. Might try upgrading the thing, but I doubt it. I'm going to upgrade the RAM myself tho, that's just popping off one door and replacing the chips - no screws or delicate parts.

I got it, but it turns out my laptop really sucks for playing Skyrim.

But what I am going to do, is junk all my Skyrim crap on my Xbox, start with a fresh base, create a dude, get him into Helgen's keep.

Then, I'm going to transfer my Xbox save from a .dat to a .ess file, via Modio, stick it on my laptop, open it up on Skyrim with it, and use the console commands to give my dude everything I want (max level, all skills, all spells, some items), and then take the .ess file and turn it back into a .dat file and put it back on my Xbox.

VOILA!

So, probably this weekend, I'll be getting back to everyone as to how well this worked out.

My plan is to basically do this.

-Start dude on Xbox, get him to through unbound, don't even enter Riverwood

-Send file to PC version, and open up those console commands

-Make him level 81 w/ all skills at 100

-Give him every perk in every skill tree

-Give him every legal spell

-Take him to the Developer's Room

-Give him items to learn every enchantment (by disenchanting them)

-Give him 1 of every ingredient so I can learn all effects (with Alchemy's Experimenter perk)

-Give him a large number of Daedric Arrows and Black Soul Gems w/ Grand souls

-Give him some Daedric weapons and Dragonscale Armor

Then, I'll have to give him the ingredients to make the potions for making enchantments stronger, and make a set of crafting gear (whatever is lightest), and a set of general purpose gear, so I'm going to have to pick what enchantments go on what. Then, I'll upgrade and enchant the gear, although I'll probably leave the weapons alone honestly.

Then I'll just zap myself back to Riverwood, and send the improved file back to Xbox.

If this works, and anyone wants me to do it for them, let me know.

Edited by Enganacious