Battlefield Bad Company 2

Mom

You're just gonna have to be a good sniper and pick people off before they pick people off.

Man, I played my way up to 1850 or so on ladder, but I'm never gonna catch up with my friend batoanubis. He was 18 overall for score and 12 overall for kills this morning, but he's down to 30/20 now.

Balance issues I see so far:

1911. This is the most bullshit I've ever seen.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ASDFGHJKL;

This is madness. I dislike the camera being fixed to me after I snipe someone. It makes it very hard to camp pinch points because I have to relocate every kill. I preferred how it was in the first one where it zoomed in so far from where ever you died.

Though, the bullet drop is pretty boss.

See, I make use of this point. I play as an Engineer. I can't afford to camp out. I kill someone, turn my back on that spot and sit there for about five or six seconds, then I go about my business. Usually in the original direction.

Edited by Brit

I think you just discovered one that's been known for a while.

Anyways: I hated the idea of Hardcore mode, until I tried it. Now I love it. Same with Conquest. AN-94, Rex, 4XOPT, MMN UP, and V RLOD = Epic rape all around.

The neostead is definitely back. It was probably the gun I got killed by the most in the first bad company, either by people spawning right behind me and shooting me in the back, or by my ump getting outranged. (yes, hard to believe, neostead would outdamage ump at a decent range and with same relative accuracy)

In bad company 2, I was watching bato snipe recon players with it across whole valleys of maps. The range of the neostead with slug rounds is absolutely absurd in bad company 2, especially since it one shots.

Not a shotgun slug. Slugs are heavy rounds, and would lose velocity extremely fast. Nothing compared to an assault rifle round. Shotguns aren't cannons either, so they wouldn't have the power to send a slug flying for days either.

The long range for shotgun slugs in this game is very balance threatening.

Slugs have infinite range, broski.

He means the damage over range. All of the guns' damage falls off as range increases. Rex is not two shot kill unless they're already damaged or you hit the head, which is a OHKO with any gun.

http://i49.tinypic.com/28qpzdh.jpg

EDIT: Bottom line is the 1911 will kill someone before the Rex will unless they're at 35-40% health at min range or wounded at a longer range. That is the only time the Rex will beat the 1911.

Edited by Gary the Tennis Coach

Broke 5500 for a round as a defender, and had one point where I combo'd 560 points together, it was pretty dope.

I dunno about those slug round line charts, I've seen bato oneshot dudes from across the map before with the slug round. I've seen him do it from top of the lighthouse to the mounted mg on the defender's base of that one map. I've also seen him do it from the island to the hill overlooking at, at the first base on the one map with the 2 blackhawks.

Now I know this game is officially bullshit.

You're NEVER supposed to spawn on a dead squad member. I've tried and tried, but the very second one of my squad members dies, their spawn location gets grayed out.

I was on the desert harbor rush map, in that nook that houses the A bomb plant on the town base. There was a guy in there and I killed him, then decided to stay in the nook for a good 10 seconds. 10 seconds later, I get knifed in the back from one of the enemies who spawned on his dead teammate. I would of been ok as he was spawning right as his teammate died, but this was a good 10 seconds later. And there was no way he could have gotten into that bombplant either, because it's a small nook in the basement part of a building, outlooking the main street, so there's only one way in.