Battlefield Bad Company 2

Mom

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UAV is only good if you A.) Can knock out the heli before it reaches you on the ground. or B.) The heli pilot doesn't know where the hell the ground station is. Given that B isn't as likely to occur as A (and even then A isn't too likely to happen) I'd say UAV for AA is subpar unless you can catch them totally off guard and kill them before they even know what the hell's going on. Ground station gets lit up as a target too when its active, just like a tank, meaning if they know half a shit about the map, your ass is SUPER visible. Not to mention the possibility of having infantry snipe, shoot or knife you off of it. You could have a guy cover you while you fly it, but then you're wasting man power for a UAV that can't capture points or take out M-Coms effectively and that doesn't provide any sort of guaranteed defense against a chopper or sniper unless your bodyguard is a crack shot and manages to spot them first.

Mounted MG's are pretty much the same deal, except your firing range is more limited. The only thing you've got going for you versus a helicopter is that the ground station isn't lit up like the UAV's. You're pretty much stuck waiting for an opportune moment to shoot his ass, because if you just sit there blazing away, you'll be not only visible to the pilot if you start hitting him, all the infantry in the area and the snipers will know where to look for an easy kill.

The same problems are present for the AA guns, yeah, but at least it does a shit load more damage per hit, meaning the time you have to stay immobile is reduced if he doesn't kill you on the first pass.

All things considered, I'd say the static AA does stink this time around, but the actual AA emplacement is a cut above IMO for the reasons above.

The best IMO would be the Badchka BMP-3 AA, since its got an AA gun and its mobile, you can at least dodge some rockets (if you've got a driver) or another Helicopter. Heli to Heli combat only occurs on a few maps, but you can't say that they aren't the most effective at killing other vehicles of the same type. Only reasons Heli-to-Heli wouldn't be viable in my eyes is because either the map isn't set up for it, enemy team has both helis or you've got noobs piloting your team's helicopter/s.

got the last achievement I needed on the 360 ver the other day by pure dumb luck , the one for kill 20 enemys with building destruction or just normal destruction 2.0 , such a bitch to do some times T_T.

Atleast I got all the damn achievements now , was really annoying me.

Thanks for noticing, I don't think an innovative battery would have helped here. lol

I originally thought it was a menu glitch, because changing it in-game didn't make that much noticeable difference at the spot I was watching, places like my barn roof haha, then I ini edited yesterday, still didn't work, and did a little look around.

same thing happened to this ATI user

AA only includes some of the objects and distance matters

16xAA

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/95771487-4.jpg

didn't notice any performance hit... jagged shit is in the games yo

Edited by Alex

I'll definitely switch. I need a break from Commando, Spawn-Traps (due to fail-teams being fail), & perks in general. MW2 is good, this game is GREAT it would seem. Not going to set a time frame on it, I never have any spare cash in pocket

Yeah, spawn on teammates is awesome and awful at the same time. It's awful when you spawn just as your teammate is gunned down by a medic behind him who then gets the double kill from you. It's awesome when you spawn on your teammate just before he dies and then kill the guy that killed him as the other dude reloads. It's awful when this happens to you. It's also awful when the rest of your squad is recon and sitting miles away from where the battle's going on when you're trying to take a point/blow up an MCOM. I usually change squads if that's happening to me.

I'm getting more bullshit spawning on dead squadmate 5 seconds after type of ordeals.

On a brighter note, me and bato took turns teabagging our dead bodies as we gunned each other down in one rush game on port valdez.

I guess I should just throw this out there but uh from a metagame standpoint I would probably have to say that it is a bad idea to spawn on your teammate before you squad tells you that they are done with the confrontation. Just a thought...

It depends on the situation and the area. If your team can get to a position of cover then yes spawning on teammate to fortify their location would be helpful. If they are not in a position where they can easily get to cover then no it would be better to wait until your squad gains control or to just spawn elsewhere. With FPS games you are always more useful alive than dead. You need to always be doing whatever it takes to keep yourself alive unless the situation says otherwise. Examples...

Sniper is picking your squad apart...you don't spawn on teammate unless they get to cover. Period.

Tank ambushes your squad and 2 of you die on the spot. 2 remaining are mobilizing to blow the tank up which might take a bit of time. 1 more dies in the process. Last man is able to finish the tank and nobody else is around. It's now safe to spawn on teammate.

There's a bunch more situations, but I figured those were real easy and each had a very obvious answer on where/when to spawn. In the second situation if the 2 guys that died early had spawned on teammate as soon as they could they risked being killed again because the tank wasn't gone yet and it was still able to kill more members of the squad.

I guess I should just throw this out there but uh from a metagame standpoint I would probably have to say that it is a bad idea to spawn on your teammate before you squad tells you that they are done with the confrontation. Just a thought...

You'd think that but it's almost always better to spawn on squad than it is to spawn at base. The distance between the attacker's base and the defender's bases in rush mode are ridiculous and if there aren't any vehicles at base (which there usually aren't because someone's either took one and drove off or it blew up and hasn't respawned yet) then you've got a long hike ahead of you where you're a prime target for snipers and ambushing assault classes. Not only that but spawning on your squadmate allows the rest of the squad to spawn on you should he die which keeps the pressure on the other team. This is the biggest factor in whether or not the attackers or the defenders are successful; if the attackers are constantly refilling their ranks in the midst of the defender's base it makes it amazingly difficult to watch over the MCOM effectively. If someone's playing medic then they can spawn without much worry because they have a powerful weapon with a fast RoF and an eternity of shooting before needing to reload. This makes it very easy for them to spawn on squad, help him clean up/give him covering fire, and revive him if he falls. The only time spawning on squadmates is detrimental is when neither one of you is aware of a nearby threat because it's offscreen for you and he's not looking in that direction. That is usually when the double kills go down.

If a sniper's picking your squad apart then spawn as a sniper or toss on the slugs and take him out. The rest of the squad's going to either be firing at the sniper or sprinting around. Either way the sniper's going to have a hell of a time killing any of them so it's no big thing to spawn on them.

Your tank example's pretty flimsy. If your squad gets ambushed by a tank and 2 of you die, there's no mobilization that the remaining two can do. They're either equipped to take out the tank or they're not. If they're an assault class they can fire the GL behind and below it but that's only going to do a sliver of damage so unless the tank is already swiss cheese it's not a great option. Recon can C4 the tank but mortar is seen more often since it allows them to damage vehicles and buildings from range. A recon guy probably isn't going to be with you anyways unless he's running a shotgun over a rifle. C4 is more likely in this case and is the best bet for one person going against a tank that is extremely close to you. It's also extremely difficult if the tank is aware of you and there's no way to flank it without getting gunned down. That's when you spawn on them as an engineer that can pop in and out of cover with rockets to try and force the tank to retreat. It takes several rockets from any of the launchers to do an appreciable amount of damage to a tank's armor if you're attacking the front armor, which you probably are if the driver has pinned you down behind cover. If the third and fourth spawn as engineers your chances are greatly improved. Medics have no way to take out a tank other than picking up a dead guy's class. Even then, I think all you get from that is the primary weapon and not the equipment. He's better off a.) remaining in cover until squad can spawn on him or, if he's in an open area, b.) hauling ass out of there so squad can spawn on him. If the ambush was in an open area then everyone's either going to die or they're going to respawn on whoever manages to get away and stay alive long enough. The respawn times are like 15-20 seconds so if anyone's under heavy fire they're either going to die before you can spawn or they'll stay alive long enough for you to get the upper hand on them by reinforcing him.

So far I've only been talking about this on the squad level. There are going to be many more people involved in most of these matchups. If you're spawning at base just because one of your squad is getting shot at then you're just making it easier on the other team because it's one less person shooting at them. Even as a defender it's important to spawn on squad, especially if one of your squadmates is trying to keep the bomb from being planted or is trying to kill his way into defusing it. If the whole team is spawning away from their squadmates just because they're taking fire then you're simply making it easier for the other team to do what they want because it's going to keep people out of the action for longer amounts of time.

BFBC2 is about looking out for the group, not looking out for #1. You can't win without supporting those around you and you can't support anyone if you're a mile away from the objective.

Yeah everything you just said means nothing if your squad isn't able to hold their position in which case you are just feeding the enemy if its the deathmatch gametype and wasting time if it's anything else. Edited by Wrenchis

Gary already explained why it wouldn't be useless, I almost posted redundant crap, but yeah, I agree with Gary's post.

Fuck KDR whores that doesn't help the objective(let's sit in the back and all snipe instead of attacking the MCOM)

lol this isn't my first, 2nd, or even 3rd battlefield game. We'll see how well all this holds up. And nobody said anything about KDR. I said you are most useful alive. This applies to anything. Ignorance is cool. Edited by Wrenchis