Battlefield Bad Company 2

Mom

I actually like the Irons on LMGs (well the PKM and M249 anyway - kind of like the SCAR crossed with ACR in MW2). I think that the 15/12k (don't remember) point goal for the RDS is ridiculous on Medic class. I could understand it on a class where it's not as useful (like Recon) but on Medic it should be one of the first unlocks IMO.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said halo, because of the Sarge. Sure they don't look to much alike, and one has a huge cigar, but it's just something thats similar.

Been messing with multiplayer on one of my sub accounts. I'll probably post some stats or something later.

Oh well, that's the problem; LMGs are shit when you're moving, even if you have the sights raised. You've just got to walk real slow. The fastest way to level up medic class isn't kills though. Just keep tossing medkits everywhere and reviving as many people as possible. Just use good judgment with the revives if you're actually looking to win the round.

I do walk slow when I shoot. I have my sights up and gently strafe from side to side, and start shooting to the left or right of them, after I shoot them dead on, to make sure I'm hitting something. LMGs seem to be shit at that tho-- at least these first lmgs. I just want M60 already.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefiel...hanges.aspx#%23

Looks like they're taking good measures at balancing attack helicopters, m60 and m16. They're also buffing AN94. That gun's already powerful enough for me, so now I guess I'll really kill some shit.

stronger AA gun, less explosive damage from attack helicopter cannons and faster tracer darts means easier to kill apache/hind!

• Slightly increased the base damage of shotgun rounds and reduced their range to clarify ideal shotgun combat distance.
  • Slightly reduced the rate of fire of the M1911 pistol to balance it with other pistols.
  • Decreased the range of Bolt Action Sniper and Pump Shotgun Slug rounds when using Magnum Ammo for better Kit Balance, especially in Hardcore.

;)

• Increased the reload time of the Mortar Strike and reduced the damage it does to heavily armored vehicles.

I don't see why this needed to be done. Mortar Strike's reload felt extremely long to me. Isn't it like a minute? The damage felt like it was necessary since vehicles can get out of the blast area pretty quickly, especially if they were already in motion.

That's really the only thing I disagree with. Actually, I don't see why they needed to decrease bolt-action range with magnums. The shotguns I understand since it's a bit ridiculous to one-shot dudes at sniper ranges. The bolt-action seemed fine to me, though. All the other changes seem good to me. Tracer darts especially needed a bit of a boost.

Edited by Gary the Tennis Coach

I just noticed that they're reducing the lethal blast radius of the Gustav. This saddens me but it makes sense. It's really easy to rack up kills with it, especially if you have the increased explosive damage and the explosives leg pouch. At least it's keeping its accuracy so I should still be able to get good kills with it. I think it's funny that they say they're nerfing it to highlight its role as a secondary weapon against infantry when it says in its description that it's "ideal for 'bunker busting' and anti-personnel applications..."

• 2 weeks later...
http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefiel...hanges.aspx#%23

Looks like they're taking good measures at balancing attack helicopters, m60 and m16. They're also buffing AN94. That gun's already powerful enough for me, so now I guess I'll really kill some shit.

stronger AA gun, less explosive damage from attack helicopter cannons and faster tracer darts means easier to kill apache/hind!

balance of the m60 hell yes, although thats one of the reasons why my kpm flew up to 200+

an94 is hands down my best gun, i kill anything with it and if its getting buffed hell yes

"Slightly Reduced the max range of the 40mm shotgun to balance it with other shotguns."

FUUUUUUUUCK i loved that thing :'[

I wonder if the slugs upgrade is going to get a range nerf

"Reduced the base damage of the PP2000 to balance the increased range."

my best run and gun weapon :'[ i dont need no range i just need my RoF and damage i get up close and personal with this bitch

"Increased the base range of all Automatic and Semiautomatic weapons for more consistent close range combat.

Slightly increased the damage of Semiautomatic rifles over long range for more consistent damage output."

OH HELL YES - M14 + 1911 + EXTRA EXPL + MGNM AMMO + ALT FIRE = WIN

if you could add a 4x scope on the m14 instead of extra explosives that would be EPIC WIN

"Increased the damage and range of the M9, M93 pistols to make them more desirable as a secondary weapon.

Increased the range of the MP443 pistol to make it more desirable as a secondary weapon.

Increased the damage of the MP412 over long range to balance its low rate of fire.

Slightly reduced the rate of fire of the M1911 pistol to balance it with other pistols."

I might have to switch over from 1911 to the mp433

"Increased the reload time of the Mortar Strike and reduced the damage it does to heavily armored vehicles."

what about buildings.....

"Fixed a bug where the BMD3 would take extra damage to the front armor."

noooooooooooo!

NOTE: I havent played in a week or two, been stuck on SSFVI ;) so dunno when these changes are rolling out

edit 5/12/10

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/battlef...2/video/6262187

new onslaught mode, fuck yes bitches

Edited by supplice.

• 2 weeks later...

If you buy those SPECACT add-ons you get an extra kit to choose from for each one you buy. So if you buy the bundle you get:

Assault

Assault+

Engineer

Engineer+

...etc.

It's not new stuff; it's like the extra classes you get for prestiging in MW2. It also unlocks an SA version of each class' last gun (M16, UMP, MG3, and M95).

Not really sure if it's worth the 5 bucks and I don't think I like that it just gives the players the final guns in each category without having them unlock it. Also, the camo is only applied to that unlocked gun; it doesn't give you an optional camo on every gun. Pretty meh.

Edited by Gary the Tennis Coach