Battlefield Bad Company 2

Mom

So I played last night on my boy's 360 and it's a hugely different experience. For one, sniping is a lot harder with the 360 sticks. They just don't seem as sensitive. This might be the reason that, as a whole, I didn't see as many snipers as I do on PSN. Second, I rarely ever saw an engineer class. I maybe saw 3 during the few hours I was playing. Everyone was just running assault/medic/recon w/ shotgun. And maybe it's just because I'm used to playing with bato and Owen but the scores for all the games were way lower at the top and with more of a gap between first and last.

Weird times.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is why Hardcore isn't a sniper clusterfuck on 360.

I've also noticed this game takes extreme trigger pull, like the original BC. You have to pull the trigger almost all the way back to shoot, while in games like Halo and MW2, I could barely tap the trigger. It's kind of annoying when trying to quickly snipe someone.

Yeah, that's getting me killed a lot. The 1911 fires much faster on the Dualshock than it does on the 360 controller. Double-taps in general are easier to pull off on the PS3 version since it's just pressing a button instead of pulling a trigger. I always press the fire button twice when using a bolt-action so that it immediately chambers another round and on the 360 there's a noticeable pause between firing the round and initiating the reload which isn't there on PS3. Frustrating.

Yeah, that's getting me killed a lot. The 1911 fires much faster on the Dualshock than it does on the 360 controller. Double-taps in general are easier to pull off on the PS3 version since it's just pressing a button instead of pulling a trigger. I always press the fire button twice when using a bolt-action so that it immediately chambers another round and on the 360 there's a noticeable pause between firing the round and initiating the reload which isn't there on PS3. Frustrating.

Point and click on the PC, but that's no excuse.

The only major difference between the three is lag time(input) when pressing keys/buttons and server/room lag.

If I like MW2, what will I think of this? I've read the whole topic and it sounds really cool, but honestly, how good is it compared to MW2? I'm still probably going to buy it in a few hours, but hey, which is better? Is it easier to snipe in this game? I've heard there is no scope sway.

Also, this has the XM8 and the Dragunov? I am DEFINITELY going to buy this (if my mom lets me. Then again, she broke down with MW2, now that I have another M game it should be easier).

The two respective games are equally as good at what they were centered for.

Bad Company will always give you the macro-based battles with destructibility and vehicle play. Modern Warfare will give you the fast-paced arcade gameplay where it's very easy to rack up kills and be the sole reason why your team wins.

Played quite a bit today and got really good at shotty sniping. I sniped the pilot of a blackhawk while it was flying by twice. The passengers didn't know he'd died so they all blew up as well. Double and triple kills. You really don't even have to shoot that far above their head to hit them though you do need to see them. It's tough just shooting at the triangle. I like using it on the assault class so I can refill my ammo but it was working wonders on the engineer class too.

Played the fuck out of BFBC2 last night... stopped about 30 minutes before this post.

unlocked the AUG, and GOL Magnum

I gotta say, I love both of them.

Also the lack of players who can pilot well is disheartening

Yeah, after owning the game on PC for around two weeks, I've grown tired of all the blah things in this game. They recently nerfed the noobtube's refill rate from ammo boxes, that's good, but now you get a bunch of M60 Rambo medics jump sniping people with iron sight, recons sniping with neostead+improved slug+magnum ammo+mortar scope spotting and last but not least hackers. It wouldn't even be that bad if I could at least find a bunch of punkbuster servers, but not only do they have server hacks that makes pb disabled server bypass the pb filter, its even worse because pb doesn't ban everything... even with all that, if the admins are doing their job right, there wouldn't be this much problem, but these admins are hacking too, afraid of pb kicking them off of their own servers, wtf?

After fixing the yaw invert bug with joysticks, flying went pretty well for me, too stiff to feel real though, I heard the console versions got it easy, different flying mechanisms and everything, at least there's no built in aimbot on the console version like Halo.

Some guy made a video about shitty hitbox

So it's either shitty analog stick aiming or play with hackers, how does a guy know exactly when and where you spawn when he's on the other side of a wall? meh DICE meh

Edit:

Did I forget to mention

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/94354748-4.jpg

Edited by Alex

Well, I've been playing it, gotta say, I love it. I just use the "Play Now" feature, and select any game. I usually end up on the upper half of my team, if not in the top three or four. I've been using Recon, and recently got the 12x zoom. I can't wait to play on Isla Inocentes again >;). That was fun with the regular scope. 12x should be better.

SV98

M1911

C4

Motion Mine

12x Zoom

None

Vehicle Alternate Weapon Package

You can feel free to make an ACU clan in those games if you want. I'm guessing you mean something like [ACU] for MW2 and such? That was the plan for a lot of games anyway, like WoW and Diablo II and such. Of course, most games don't actually make a "Clan" in the game, haha. Gaming groups are something we're planning on, tho. In games where you can make a clan, feel free to make an "ACU" clan.

=P

I'm not getting defens- Shit.

Anyway, got the my first two Gold Stars today (in the same match, no less!), for C4 and the M1911, and I'm well on my way with the SV98. I want to try the GOL, which I recently unlocked, but I've got a thing going with the SV98, so I'm afraid to change. Also, tried out Medic, and ended up trying to single-fire snipe people with my PKM >.<

I have Recon in my blood.

The aa guns in first bad company were very adequate. They had range for days, reload for days and proximity explosions for days. Now they just burst fire puny bullet type things. Of which usually only consists of a mobile aa on top of a tank whose main gun is stronger than an abram's 120mm :/

Blackhawks are fairly easy to shoot down, but apaches are rediculously fast. UAVs die quick from mounted mg. An apache has the health to take some mounted mg fire, kill the person on the mounted mg, then go back to their base and repair their apache back to full.

That 30mm burst fire cannon on the apache is dumb as hell.

I AT-4'd an Apache yesterday. Does I win?

But yea, in BC1, any decent chopper pilot knew that his first target was the AA gun. Now, though, the best AA is the UAV or mounted machine guns. It's sad.

psh we are gonna brag nao? I sniped the pilot out of a helicopter with a shotgun before, too bad you console players get a solid cross for special shotgun shell instead of a hollowed out cross like us PC players.

and yeah, needs more AA, a good squad can rape the whole map, perhaps faster tracer velocity, but not as fast as normal bullets though? it'd make it TOO easy