Boxing

Densuo

Yeah Floyd's not ducking anyone.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/7626619/floyd-mayweather-jr-says-manny-pacquiao-not-one-sharpest-not-getting-50-50-split

"Just by speaking to Pacquiao on the phone, I mean, he's not one of the sharpest knives in the drawer," Mayweather said. "He faces Floyd Mayweather, he's not getting 50-50. Not at all. No one is getting 50-50."

Edited by Penguin Deus

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Salido KO'd JuanMa again. this time in the 10th. JuanMa tried to box but it didnt really work. Once he got a knockdown on Salido in the 4th I think JuanMa (again) got too confident, and Salido start landing his own shots.

JuanMa got plenty power but he's just too chinny for his own good.

round 9 lookin' like round of the year.

Then Salido put him on his ass in the 1oth. I didnt like the way JuanMa's neck/head wobble wobbled when he fell. But his biggest mistake was getting up immediately. He shoulda been smart and just stayed down/on a knee for the 8 count to get his bearings. He woulda had a chance. Instead he got up immediately, staggered all over the place and prompted the ref to wisely call a halt to the bout.

Regardless. Salido solidified his win and made a name for himself. He's elite level I'd say.

JuanMa is done as a hot prospect. BUT. He's exciting. so he can propel himself with a solid win. He just needs to escape the CHIEF failing of Puerto Rican fighters. He needs to stop training in PR. it's just not a good idea. you go to training camp you need to take your ass away from your comfort zone, the boozin' partyin family shit and fucking train like an animal. That stay at home stuff is for the old veterans who know better, not the young bucks lookin to refine and fine tune their craft.

Mexico vs Puerto Rico always delivers. Fuck the haters that think boxing is dead. The fight was a fun scrap. Scores however.... were VERY suspect. two judges had Lopez wining. and Salido was clearly winning and landing the more significant shots (or rather, Juanma is OBVIOUS when he gets tagged.

If JuanMa had a trainer that could teach him how to box he'd be a force. as a brawler he's taking too many chances. Anyone who can punch and weather his storm WILL KO him in the elite echlons.....if he makes it that far

Crap I missed that one.

Maybe I can catch a replay or something.

it was a good scrap. like I said. Lopez will be a fun guy for a while. but unless he steps up his defense he will not be a true elite fighter.

Martinez won his fight as expected.

Lopez may be fined and suspended from PR boxing due to accusations he made towards ref who probably saved his life. hopefully this convinces his dumbass to train OUTSIDE of Puerto Rico.

• 1 month later...

I read Cotto looked good until last 3 rounds or so when Mayweather realized he had to actually win this fight instead of letting the guy lose. He then dismantled Cotto in the 3 rounds.

I'm not too sure, of course, since I didn't get to watch it. Can't say I even want to.

I really really dislike Mayweather. Like more than glitchkos combined.

I read Cotto looked good until last 3 rounds or so when Mayweather realized he had to actually win this fight instead of letting the guy lose. He then dismantled Cotto in the 3 rounds.

I'm not too sure, of course, since I didn't get to watch it. Can't say I even want to.

I really really dislike Mayweather. Like more than glitchkos combined.

I hope he fights Pac-man and get's KO'd.

Good fight actually. Cotto blodied his nose with a solid jab, he was fighting Peekaboo stance (Mike Tyson) for most of the fight and did good. Mayweather probably didnt look as good as Pac but it is arguable that Cotto banished his demons when he KO'd Margasleezo and came in with renewed vigor as opposed to looking like a shell of himself when he fought pac.

Pac v may needs to happen immediately after that terrible piece of crap that is Paac v Tim "King headbutt" Bradley

• 2 months later...
Man, truly unfortunate, and it's not like we can even say it's an isolated incident. Fixing is as big a part of boxing as hitting people in the face. :o At least Japan managed to get the result overturned...even though it looks like noone has been punished for this yet, and probably noone will.

I think that's a little different, though. As you know, one can't use a lot of the same boxing principles in an MMA match (hell, the ring and rules being used change it, even) as they would in a boxing match, and - I don't know this but I would think this is the logic the English would apply - they probably have developed a style of boxing better suited to MMA, which would be their source of pride.

If they took pride of their boxing in the boxing world, then it becomes more laughable, if they had a history of fixing. And even if England itself didn't, the sport is so corrupt that it might still be laughable.