EA Hates You

Magnus

This is nothing new. It never has been, everyone has always known EA simply hates everyone and everything. But with Origin now out, they can effectively completely screw people who don't know it yet. And not just regular screw, screw them out of hundreds, maybe thousands, of dollars for even having the wrong /avatar/.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qao1NKGEtY

http://www.escapistm...-Is-Not-Spyware

http://www.rockpaper...update-edition/

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.308724-EAs-Origin-is-creepy-and-watches-you-sleep

http://i.imgur.com/KrhvG.png

Edited by Obscure

EA does indeed hate all existence, but DICE loves me so muuuuuch. So I still buy Battlefield titles. But yeah, most of your post exploded. The Madden Video was pretty eye-opening though, I won't lie. That is a truly new low, even for EA.

So EA has announced three new upcoming expansions for BF3, I suppose that will be 15 bucks each. What jokers, I have yet to even buy Back to Karkand, I'm not going to until it goes on sale or they bundle it with some other expansion(s), if they don't at least do that then fuck 'em.

I forgot that some people actually bought BF3 used, even though that was the best way to get screwed out of content possible with this game. I've got Kark because I had a code. You're the first person I've played with recently who even considered a non-code copy.

I bought the game new and it included a code to play online. I thought I was just buying a damn video game, I wasn't even aware that I would've gotten screwed if I managed to snag a used copy until after I bought it. Are you insinuating that I can use that same online pass code to get Karkand for free? Edited by Nomrah

I bought the game new and it included a code to play online. I thought I was just buying a damn video game, I wasn't even aware that I would've gotten screwed if I managed to snag a used copy until after I bought it. Are you insinuating that I can use that same online pass code to get Karkand for free?

It's how my copy worked o.o

All I know is, I paid standard price for what seemed like the normal package (out of the box what everyone else got) and it had a little cardboard-ish card with my code on it. It got me online, and told me I get Karkland along with for buying the game new. That's how it worked for me. Then when Karkland came out, it picked up on mah code, and started downloading at no cost to me.

It's for collectors edition, ya. I'm honestly surprised that you bought thr game new, nomrah. I didn't even know they had a regular version of the game, as the collectors edition is the same price as a uh regular edition I guess. Come to think of it, i think it's really called limited edition, so that would explain it.

It's for collectors edition, ya. I'm honestly surprised that you bought thr game new, nomrah. I didn't even know they had a regular version of the game, as the collectors edition is the same price as a uh regular edition I guess. Come to think of it, i think it's really called limited edition, so that would explain it.

Yeah it was my first game for my new PS3, I was hearing great things about it and decided it was the game to get. I went on ebay with my usual routine and clicked price + shipping lowest cost and found a great deal for a brand new sealed copy for like 10 dollars less than full price. I went for a new copy, I didn't think buying a used game for my new PS3 right off the bat would be good karma, I avoided some online activation code fee hassle, but I had no idea about the limited edition version, oh well, EA got me good I guess.

Edited by Nomrah

Buying new off eBay?

... Buying a shooter for PS3?

Yes, it is all about cost effectiveness.

eBay always provides me with less than retail pricings, new and used. It has come to the point where about 80% of the specialty goods that I buy are from eBay, next stop Amazon. Traditional stores have been absent of my business for quite some time, too pricey, not worth my time.

PS3 remained my only viable option for modern gaming, I created a new computer but its only good enough to play up to the latest S.T.A.L.K.E.R. title, upgrading any higher would be much too expensive and time consuming. Also judging by how good I got at Red Faction and CoD2's multiplayer on PS2, I felt more than comfortable with the option of tackling BF3 on a console.

EA was voted as worst company iirc. I hate EA, I dont mind some of the devs, but jesus this stuff is just bad.

Activision and EA are both tyrants of the industry. Not sure of any dirt on Gaben.

Yeah these guys are the monsanto's of gaming, down with corporate tyrants!

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.hollywood...-america-308302

don't i have egg on my face

So I decided to go ahead and test out this horrible system of Origin's billing. I bought one pack of items totaling to $87.54.

I was charged $65.31, $21.14, another $65.31, then $10.00, then $20.00. Over the course of two days. A lot more shit happened past that, at what would appear to be complete and total random.

Needless to say, I canceled my card.

Edited by Magnus

Pretty much. And I haven't gotten my second credit statement yet, so they probably charged more before I could cancel my card.

And the most hilarious part, Chase cannot find a billing support number for EA. I spent hours on Google and EA's site looking for it, and so has several Chase representatives. They simply do not want to talk about it, and I imagine this isn't the first instance.

Edited by Magnus

• 1 month later...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117725-Origin-Boss-Says-Steam-Sales-Cheapen-Intellectual-Property

It's amazing how stupid that EA guy is. He doesn't even realize that those huge sales are on really old games and actually get sales on games that weren't even selling anymore. It's like wringing a wet towel, it works to bring back profits.

BUT JUST SO DUMB HNNNNGH

• 4 months later...

Magnus: DOWNLOAD ORIGIN

Magnus: FIND GAME UNDER 20$

Magnus: REDEEM THIS CODE

Magnus: OS3874XVC

Magnus: free game, no credit info require

Can be done twice, but only one game at a time. Origin is loading real slow because all of /v/ is in on this.

Games of note: Bulletstorm, Arkham City, Burnout Paradise, Shank 1/2, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Mass Effect ONE.