Jetcrash of Team Ninja

Magnus

As we all know, Capcom used to be great and now sucks ass. BUT THEY'RE NOT ALONE!

Ninja Gaiden 3 bombed hard, since the president of Team Ninja had left after finishing NG2. After that came the first abomination, a heavily censored and massively casualized version of Ninja Gaiden 2 came out for PS3. Then NG3 came out and I haven't met anyone on all of the internet yet who genuinely enjoyed it.

The latest fiasco is Dead or Alive 5, normally a series built on fine details. Casualizing saw to that quickly. Many animations that look like high attacks are actually low, jump attacks can be stopped by low attacks by kicking the air underneath the jump attacker, the netcode is.. somewhere, and then, of course,

. (Amusingly same thing Capcom did as well with Roll for TvC.)

The real hard part for me was Ninja Gaiden 3, because I treasured overcoming challenges in NGB and NG2 because they were ball smashingly hard. Switching the ultimate attack to a charge you can ignore entirely instead of having to expertly time and combo into was painful. And they're just rubbing it in by porting the Sigma games to the Vita, and then NG3 to Wii U with extra content that other consoles won't get... But I'm seeing a lot more pissed of blokes about DoA5 than I ever did with NG3.

Adding to all that, Metroid Other M. I don't even need to go into detail about that.

Edited by Magnus

Bloody 'ell I thought DoA5 was looking good too, I didn't look at any reviews for it till now.

I would say that Team Ninja is trying to hard to be some sort of RPG wannabe with overuse of Exposition where it is not needed. Or to say, they are trying to be Hideo Kojima and failing extremely hard.

Ninja Gaiden 3 action buttons everywhere

Metroid other M completely unwanted story

DoA5 Story mode has way too much exposition for ridiculous fights akin to the story mode of Soul Calibur V but at least it's not all hand drawn concept art. Still Team Ninja is spending way too much time on cinematics and not enough time on gameplay.

I remembered seeing someone say that it was good that Itagaki left Team Ninja because he was weighing them down with the whole DOA: Volleyball thing. But we see now what Team Ninja has become and I have to say it's sadder than the situation with Capcom.

More so as the actual chance of Team Ninja being phased out while compared to Capcom becoming a soulless devourer of your moneys.

On the offhand Itagaki's Devil's Third is probably going to come out sometime next year.

Edited by Ogawa Lou

Metroid other M completely unwanted story

Actually, from what I've researched, the story was entirely made by Yoshio Sakamoto, who is the George Lucas of Metroid. He had alot of dumb ideas that were constantly shot down, like how he wanted to show cutscenes that were 10 minutes long, even in Super Metroid.

Of course, Team Ninja is also to blame involving the horrid gameplay.

i dont really have a problem with doa5, just feels like the old ones

sometimes when i do a aerial attack i do get the occasional wierd low hit that hits me out of it but doesnt really bother me because its techable

mila is a new character so something like that is expected, will probably be patched soon

SFxT was way worse, megaman glitch, kuros tag infinite etc. and its still not patched, games dead.

but my friends more of a DoA player, i mostly play TTT2

didnt really care for the NG series so cant comment.

Edited by supplice.

Capcom doesn't patch their fighting games, so it won't ever be patched.

You'll have to pay forty dollars for the new version to have it fixed.

With any luck, Team Ninja hasn't gone Capcom-grade bad.

I'll probably tear my hair out if I ever see a Ninja Gaiden iOS app of some kind.

Edited by Magnus

Many animations that look like high attacks are actually low,

I haven't played DOA4, but I've seen this issue in each of the other games. It's something I fully expected to see when I buy the game at a later date (when the price drops to its appropriate value point). I don't see how you can say the series has always been built on fine details.The games have always been a lot of fun, but I don't think they have ever had the content or polish to justify more than a $20 price point.

The exception to the point on attention to fine details is, of course, the attention to detail in the T & A.

The exception to the point on attention to fine details is, of course, the attention to detail in the T & A.

"We were getting feedback from the overseas offices to tone down the sexuality -- to tone down the sexiness of the game, and of the characters.

"We actually got a lot of feedback from people who were playing it, saying, 'We want bigger breasts. Make the characters more like that.' That was kind of surprising.

"There's definitely still room for having sexualized aspects, if you have a solid fighting game system there, there's nothing wrong with having beautiful characters as a layer on top of that -- that's another layer of entertainment that there's a need for. If there wasn't a need for it, people wouldn't have responded to the alpha demo like they did, and send us feedback."

http://www.gamasutra...hp#.UHD9Wk3A_E1

the choice of age for more bouncy bewbies is gone now and the jiggle is definitely almost absent

Edited by supplice.