Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Magnus

is nobody playing this? lol

xbox players lets group and make kids butts bleed

i only get in a few hours a week bout to diamond my AR's like a boss

SMG's are overrated its really situational but against a decent shooter youre probably going to win CQC only 30% of the time with anything if youre not ADS except for SMG's and some shotties.

each SMG really has a different feel to it and you really have to adjust your play style with each SMG instead of running around and shooting at everything.

they buffed the MSMC's recoil slightly so its not such a laser as before, but with the long range barrel and laser sight its still a force.

love the AN94 with a laser sight if you play solidly youll only get jumped by kids with SMG's once in a while.

but right now FAL is the most popular gun and probably the most advantageous. (of course not in CQC but thats why you have teammates and secondaries)

Edited by supplice.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blops2 is entirely too connection/lag based, and totally shit for me to enjoy it.

I can rape if I get a good connection, don't get a bunch of randoms who fuck it, and am at least half awake while playing.

SMGs dominate that game for the most part, SCAR and AN-94 are the only ARs worth a fuck, LMGs are total garbage, Snipers = Ballista, and Shotguns = Remington.

Edited by Enganacious

I've had a lot of success with assault rifles. I've found the MTAR, Type 25, and M8A1 to be more than worth using. I'm not sure where you get the SCAR being one of the better AR's, but that's your opinion. I will agree that the AN94 is a beast, but only if you burst fire it constantly. After the initial two round burst I find it to be almost as bad as the SCAR. The M27 gets an honorable mention, but only for it's ease of use and the fact that it pretty much runs the same no matter how you equip it or even if it's just naked.

I do like the Ballista a little more, but I'm still of the opinion that the DSR's slight damage edge and waist up one shot kills gives it the advantage. It's hard to not like running around with it when you have a laser sight on it.

I also agree that the SMG's are very good in this game, but I don't feel like you can just run and gun with them constantly like you have been able to in previous games. The maps are designed in a way where you are going to have to post up a little bit. I was having problems my first few days finding reliable ways to win most of my gun fights and simply being faster or dropshotting doesn't cut it. You have to exploit positions in this game to do well consistently. The map design and spawn system make that mandatory in most cases. The maps are littered with cover pieces for you to stand behind though so if you really think about it there isn't really a good reason to be caught out in the open all the time. I've got a bunch of videos on my youtube channel that demonstrate this.

https://www.youtube....01?feature=mhee

I checked your profile just to see if there was something I could see that would help me see things from your perspective and I noticed that your accuracy numbers are pretty low across the board. Is the lag really causing you that much grief?

Edited by Rachis

That and when I've been playing Blops2, some of the time, I've been shitfaced.

But the lag I've experienced certainly doesn't help.

Do you like the Chicom CQB? That's like my favorite gun so far in the game.

Also, AN-94 w/ Select Fire is the best AR.

I do like the Chicom. I've liked burst-firing the Scorpion more though. To be fair, I haven't given the Chicom a whole lot of time yet though.

You don't need select fire on the AN-94. You can manipulate the two round burst yourself so then you get two modes of fire at all times and an extra slot.

I love the Chicom man, I don't bother with select fire, although I do like a Red Dot+Quickdraw on the mofo; which is rare for me in a CoD game (red dots that is).

AN-94 doesn't need it, but as I play with the Chicom a lot, using it in a burst mode lets me play in a more consistent fashion.

Blops2 is entirely too connection/lag based, and totally shit for me to enjoy it.

LMGs are total garbage

people that still say this either have a horrible internet connection, suck or will never get used to blops 2 mechanics. did you put "best" connection type?

also LMG's just got buffed, ADS in and out time got reduced so quickdraw actually does something on them now, the HAMR was a piece of shit before but now its the new stoner.

also with the new patch AR's actually compete against smg's now

i usually always maintain a 1.5 kdr when i have a decent or shitty connection, getting packet loss, high ping and if im host or not.

when everythings going the way it should i usually hit a 8+ kdr

and i dont really care about kdr its just a way to gauge and explain how rounds go.

i tanked mine anyways by golding my knife atm and getting diamond on my AR's lol

Edited by supplice.

The new DLC is quite possibly the best CoD DLC ever delivered thus far. The maps are awesome and the Peacekeeper is a nice addition to the SMG family.

Grind and Mirage are easily the two better maps of the 4. Not to say Downhill and Hydro aren't good. They just didn't grab my attention as much. The skate park in grind is a lot of fun to run around. You can slide up and down the ramps. Makes for some interesting and fun engagements.

As far as the Peacekeeper goes, I feel like it needs to be treated like the M27. It's a very low recoil weapon with low damage. Since it's very easy to use, I imagine the weapon will do well with all of the attachments. With that said, it's a very meh SMG. It's ok if your engagements are mostly medium-short, but you will get decimated by other SMG's up close and by rifles further out. I feel like it belongs in the game, but it's not a game-changer either. I did do a little running around with Rapid Fire and I hated it. It adds a retarded amount of recoil to the weapon and still doesn't kill very quickly so don't bother.

All in all, I'm very pleased with what Treyarch is doing with this game. It's already a great and they've still got 3 more DLC to go.

And GG's Raor.

Edited by Rachis

• 2 weeks later...

That happens to me too on occasion, but not enough for it to bother me too much.

What does bother me are randoms. I don't know if it's just me, but I've noticed an increased amount of stupid cod players with this game comparative to games past. A lot of stuff I see just doesn't make sense and makes for a harder time to run objective gametypes solo. I'm pretty much confined to TDM if I want to win games by force because I refuse to run VSAT, Dogs, and Swarm. Once those are out the game immediately becomes no fun no matter what side I'm on. Makes it easier being a huge Sentry Gun fan though.

Swarm by itself isn't good no, but it does make an attempt to force people inside and once you get people being campy the dogs have free reign of the map and then the VSAT makes every camping scenario vulnerable. It's really no fun and wins games on it's own.

The Peacekeeper is alright. The lack of recoil makes it really easy to use. I find it best with a suppressor and stock. I would normally run a laser sight, but the hipfire is still awful with it. I've tried rapid fire and a suppressor, but it adds too much recoil. The Peacekeeper is meant for smart confrontations rather than forcing it's way through gunfights. Honestly though, I would rather just run an assault rifle. I run lightweight on most of my class setups anyways and have little need for the other tier 1 perks so run speed isn't a factor for me and I've had far more success with even a suppressed MTAR than I have with the Peacekeeper. It's ease of use doesn't help it any. It plays at being the M27's little brother, but, without the aim assist at long range, I find it to just be a pretender.

And somehow I still prefer the M27 over most of the weapons in this game anyways. I gave the SCAR a big chance and have a good k/d with it, but it's long range and high damage don't make up for it's long range inaccuracy even with a foregrip. Anyone who wants to seriously run the SCAR should just run the AN94. No, it doesn't have the damage or range, but burst firing it is far more accurate and oddly enough kills quicker. You even get headshots fairly often if you have made it a habit to aim high. I will not be able to get over how good the M27 feels with a reflex and fast mags though. The gun is a beast that way and the B23R is the perfect back-up to it if you need to prepare for close quarters.

This video shows why I love that combo so much.