Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Magnus

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the problem is there's plenty of people with plenty of good ideas.

Reason being, many of them are painfully obvious to anyone who plays the game at a serious level.

What I need to do is rethink my list of fixes, to things that can be easily done within the game code. My Overkill fix would probably be pretty hard to do, as it involves changing the way the game worked, although it would be going back to MW2 coding, I believe. I know in MW2 you could pick up a Riot Shield or whatever and you wouldn't slow down any by comparison to how you started out.

I definitely think MW3 is a vast improvement to MW2, all around. There are some annoying things, like Final Stand and Dead Man's Hand (Final Stand being in MW2 as well), but all things said the weapons are much more balanced, the killstreaks much less over-powered. There's also a better selection of match types.

Although some of the obvious things they missed from Black Ops is really painful to see, like tactical insertions in FFA. Granted I use them to power play certain spots on maps playing FFA, which could be effectively accomplished if Extreme Conditioning gave unlimited sprint; but that would make rushing too good, amirite Robert Bolling?

They should design maps that are partitioned for various game types, so that the spawns are more fluid.

There's nothing inherently wrong with a huge map, because Ground War is only fun with very large maps.

But a game like FFA on some of the biggest maps is absolutely ridiculous.

What Treyarch did with the Wager Matches, with regards to the maps, was pure genius.

The same could be done to make the maps more inline for games like CtF, Demo, Sabo, and even SnD.

The maps generally speaking, just need work.

Less head glitches and little nooks for skillkimbo pro users to sit in and wait for people to run by. More of the headglitch spots providing effective cover, going back to the CoD4 style of shit, where an MP5 can shoot through thin cover, which is unlike MW3, where if you have an SMG you aren't shooting through anything.

• 2 months later...

aside from black ops this will probably be the only cod i will play for more than a few months

as long as the mp system is the same as black ops and a gun like the stoner makes it in

i will actually play the storyline for once also.

alternate timelines ftw

It's MW3 with tweaks.

It's not a new game, it's MW3 with some changes and a new title.

From the reveal trailer it even looks like the graphics were downgraded if that's possible.

well its not IW, IW just makes recycled trash

even if its still COD, treyarch always always brought something new to the table. like in CoD3 when they were the first to do 4 player split screen online with classes like medics and what not

they changed it up with WaW and black ops, so in that sense every CoD treyarch makes they do something new

i was a hardcore long time CS player, 12 seasons in CAL, 2 seasons in premier undefeated; im very picky about my fps.

i dont play CoD at a competitive level cuz i think its a joke to actually play it competitive, i think halos more of a skill shooter than CoD and i dont even like halo (only thing that makes CoD competitive is S&D which is basically CS with no skill shooting +perks)

but all in all CoD is the most popular shooter out there and i cant attest that point

on a casual level i felt BO (lol) was the funnest of the series and a handful of the maps were really balanced, S&D on BO was the most adrenaline pumping also

downgrading of graphics dont mean much as long as the gameplay mechanics are improved (its like BF2142 how can it not)

also woods is back in the campaign which is win (who plays campaign anyways? this nigga right chea (only finished big red one, 3, black ops and WaW for nazi zombies))

so hopefully its black ops with tweaks instead of MW3 with tweaks cuz that would be terribad.

Learn how to capitalize letters.

It is a rehash, if you've seen the leaked and released stuff I have, it's clear as day. It's MW3's engine, it even has most of MW3's weapons, like the MP7 which was altered by adding some rail covers to the little rails on the side of the gun, how OPERATOR.

Treyarch does rehash shit you dipstick, Black Ops was a rehash of W@W's engine with some game mechanics taken from MW2.

Everybody buts a couple new things into the game.

Remember, Treyarch also put Second Chance back in > Last Stand, letting people revive one another. They also created a meta-game that was ruled by 2 Perks, Ghost and Sleight of Hand, as well as 2 weapons, the FAMAS and AKS-74u.

i was a hardcore long time CS player, 12 seasons in CAL, 2 seasons in premier undefeated; im very picky about my fps.

i dont play CoD at a competitive level cuz i think its a joke to actually play it competitive, i think halos more of a skill shooter than CoD and i dont even like halo (only thing that makes CoD competitive is S&D which is basically CS with no skill shooting +perks)

You like Source or 1.6? I am guessing Source since that's what they used in CAL.

I use to play Source semi-competetively too from 2003-2006, then I took a year break. The problem is, CS is not one of those games that you can just jump back into. It is a game of dedication. When I eventually wanted to play the game again, I just get murdered to the point where it is not fun for me, my teammates, or the opposing team. Then I picked up CoD4 and never went back to CS (though I will when GO comes out). This is the main reason why S&D is my favorite game mode. I take long breaks from CoD and can still hang, because the game is inherently easy. It is the game for the average Joe, which I guess is why it is so popular.

It is a rehash, if you've seen the leaked and released stuff I have, it's clear as day. It's MW3's engine, it even has most of MW3's weapons, like the MP7 which was altered by adding some rail covers to the little rails on the side of the gun, how OPERATOR.

By the way, CoD4, W@W, and BOPS all use the IW 3.0 engine. We know this because the mod tool that IW released for CoD4 also works with W@W and BOPS. That's how Den Kirson rip the weapon data and pics out. MW2 and MW3 actually uses different engines, which is why the community had to do actual testing for the data for those games. If history is any indication, TA probably just uses a modified version of the MW2/MW3 engine.

Edited by Honest Frank

a handful of the maps were really balanced, S&D on BO was the most adrenaline pumping also

By that do you mean all the maps were the same, clusterfucky setups?

As for SnD, four out of six people sporting Ghost on the enemy team is less than enjoyable. Every round when playing solo boiled down to "oh jeez, where are they hiding(camping) now."

I'll get blops2, but I'll probably end up enjoying zombies more than multiplayer, again.

I'm going to hope one day Activision contacts me to help design a multiplayer concept for a Modern Warfare installment.

Either that or they make a Resident Evil game using MW2's 3rd Person mode as a basis, it would be world's better than the stupid over the shoulder shit in RE4 and 5.

Either that or they make a Resident Evil game using MW2's 3rd Person mode as a basis, it would be world's better than the stupid over the shoulder shit in RE4 and 5.

I thoroughly enjoyed MW2's 3rd Person modes. Agreed. It was awesome.

I still wish IW would publish mod tools for MW2 and MW3.