Dark Souls II

Kaleidoscope

Stat wise my build is very similar, such as I've got 40 str and 18 dex, my end is at 27 though (not sure how great that is at this point). I still have more to figure out as far as gear goes.

On another subject, one thing I feel the game could've benefited from was a fully fleshed-out soundtrack, would've helped define and make levels more memorable. Maybe level themed music would be a little out of place though given the pacing of the game, still I feel something could've been worked out for the better.

Also news regarding the Megamules.

http://www.gamefaqs....uls-ii/68975097

Edited by Nomrah

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another subject, one thing I feel the game could've benefited from was a fully fleshed-out soundtrack, would've helped distinguish and make levels more memorable. Maybe level themed music would be a little out of place though given the pacing of the game, still I feel something could've been worked out for the better.

Also news regarding the Megamules.

http://www.gamefaqs....uls-ii/68975097

death to all megamules

nah they absolutely should not have a soundtrack for the levels, 100% no. One of the defining traits of the franchise has been the feeling of loneliness and fear wandering around in these bizarre areas. Couldn't disagree more. The levels are plenty memorable to me as is, also.

What I do think this game needs is better boss music. It's easily the worst of the 3 games.

nomrah check this out you'll love it:

I commented about the soundtrack a couple times over on gamefaqs but in short I feel:

Dark Souls: Best compositions, most dynamic, best engineering

Demon's Souls: overly simple, not very dynamic, good engineering, you can appreciate the textural qualities of the instruments through the simplicity of the songs at times

Dark Souls 2: only a couple songs have decent compositions, conflicting musical choices, only a few songs dynamic, not as good engineering as previous two games

I too agree the levels should be without music, unless it's a very special hidden place like ashe lake or it's the nexus area

I can certainly see your points and I too factored these in while thinking about it today. A lot of the locations I simply could not come up with any ways that music could be incorporated properly and are much better off without any. And then there's the fact that levels end fairly quickly or move into other areas so often. Pretty much the way the games paced dictates a lot of options for scoring, a lot of time exploring or downtime between battles, a lot of dying that would pretty much fuck up any musical flow. And the atmosphere you mentioned PD, yeah music tends to add a layer of familiarity and humanity that would undoubtedly mess things up especially in certain areas.

I'm more just going off my past experiences with various games and what I loved about them, and how much I felt they added to the overall experience. But this is Dark Souls, I've gotta respect the formula! I'll have to check out Dark Souls tracks though.

The singing in Shrine of Amana was a really good effect.

I want to say The Gutter was probably one of my favorite areas. That place was right out of a fever induced dream.

Good video PD, I was laughing yet cringing at the truth (good percussion haha) :blush:

Edited by Nomrah

Thanks for sharing clones, definitely fun listens and I really liked a good deal of them.

Track at 4:05 reminds me very much of the Symphony of the Night sound, specifically Curse Zone.

1:25 was dope!

Edited by Nomrah

Sorceries -

http://i.imgur.com/dIVSOUW.jpg

Miracles -

http://i.imgur.com/E4BFAbz.jpg

Pyromancies -

http://i.imgur.com/9CnVrQS.jpg

Hexes -

http://i.imgur.com/RqWaAy5.jpg

via

ALSO THIS

• Changed the "heavy" throwing animation for Corrosive Urns. Reduced corrosive damage to items when hit.
  • Increase in durability on Twin Blade Weapon / Decreased their durability degradation.
  • Moonlight Greatsword can no longer be enchanted and buffed. Attack animation has been slowed / adjusted.
  • The upward adjustment weight, the degree of toughness, the defense of "large helmet of Gerumu warrior" Armor
  • Reduced damage from the Ring of Thorns.
  • Reduced damage from the Ring of the Old Sun
  • Damage will not decrease for every enemy that Soul Spear pieces trough.
  • Increase in casting time and decrease of damage for Soul Greatsword
  • Upward adjustment of the bullet speed "lump of Seoul to be tracked" magic "crystal mass of Seoul to be tracked", and a lower adjustment of stamina take the amount of darkness surgery "those who follow"
  • The downward adjustment of the amount of damage "torrent of Seoul" magic
  • Casting speed on recovery spells being lengthened.
  • Increased casting time and decreased damage for Wrath of Gods
  • Decrease in damage and increase in casting time for all Fire Storm-esque pyromancies. Might also include a decrease in damage for Forbidden Sun.
  • Increased defense for Lucatiel, Benhart, and Manscorpion Tark
  • The downward adjustment of the HP enemy "rupture the Dead"
  • Female mages in Shrine Of Amana receiving nerf in both damage and their spell's tracking ability.
  • Fire Lizards in Forest of Fallen Giants will not spit fire in slower intervals.
  • Downward adjustment period the occurrence of the shock wave of attack during downswing enemy of "backpack hammer"
  • The Last Giant now does even less damage to players and Well-Mannered Pate.
  • The Lost Sinner now has less HP and does less damage.
  • Royal Rat Authority now has less HP and does less damage
  • Duke's Dear Freja's laser breath now does less damage.
  • Enemies around Sinner's Rise now do less damage
  • Shadow Men in the Flexile Senty's Boss area in NG+ now do less damage

http://info.darksoul...4-04-08-01.html

TLDR NERF EVERYTHING FUCK SL

Edited by Bakuhatsu Pengin

At least it (hopefully) stops everybody and their mom whining about MLGS. I get tired of hearing the same crap. I can maybe understand the reasoning behind making it unenchantable, but on top of that lowering the swing speed seems too much. Now Claymore definitely is king of greatswords-- just like in previous games. Edited by POSTER X

inserted my comments

• Moonlight Greatsword can no longer be enchanted and buffed. Attack animation has been slowed / adjusted. (if its same as claymore that's okay but i thought it was already that speed? is it slower than claymore now? also LOL at removing enchanting since makes it even more obvious that magic uchi and magic claymore are plain better)
  • Reduced damage from the Ring of Thorns. (lol)
  • Reduced damage from the Ring of the Old Sun (lol)
  • Damage will not decrease for every enemy that Soul Spear pieces trough. (didn't pierce anyways wtf???)
  • Increase in casting time and decrease of damage for Soul Greatsword (lol it was slow enough as is and is damage down below css now? fucking worthless spell now then lol)
  • Upward adjustment of the bullet speed "lump of Seoul to be tracked" magic "crystal mass of Seoul to be tracked", and a lower adjustment of stamina take the amount of darkness surgery "those who follow" (i'll take what i can get)
  • The downward adjustment of the amount of damage "torrent of Seoul" magic (wtf is a torrent of seoul girls generation sucks they aren't even hot go SISTAR)
  • Casting speed on recovery spells being lengthened. (GOOD that shit was absurd)
  • Increased casting time and decreased damage for Wrath of Gods (lol?)
  • Decrease in damage and increase in casting time for all Fire Storm-esque pyromancies. Might also include a decrease in damage for Forbidden Sun. (most broken spell in the game mighta got nerfed? lol?)
  • Increased defense for Lucatiel, Benhart, and Manscorpion Tark (good they fucking needed it bad lol)
  • The downward adjustment of the HP enemy "rupture the Dead" (idk I never saw the spell used)
  • Female mages in Shrine Of Amana receiving nerf in both damage and their spell's tracking ability. (pathetic)
  • Fire Lizards in Forest of Fallen Giants will not spit fire in slower intervals. (pathetic)
  • Downward adjustment period the occurrence of the shock wave of attack during downswing enemy of "backpack hammer" (pathetic)
  • The Last Giant now does even less damage to players and Well-Mannered Pate. (pathetic)
  • The Lost Sinner now has less HP and does less damage. (pathetic)
  • Royal Rat Authority now has less HP and does less damage (pathetic)
  • Duke's Dear Freja's laser breath now does less damage. (pathetic)
  • Enemies around Sinner's Rise now do less damage (pathetic)
  • Shadow Men in the Flexile Senty's Boss area in NG+ now do less damage (pathetic)

http://info.darksoul...4-04-08-01.html

TLDR NERF EVERYTHING FUCK SL (they fucked sorcery and then fucked PvE more lol)

just a terrible patch why even make moonlight swing slower?

Yea I probably won't be doing chariot lance because I plan to use grand lance on other dude. I'm still looking for at least one other weapon though. Offhanding a crossbow might be a no-go because rolling and attacking with gh is so stamina intensive. Edited by POSTER X

hell yeah altho lucatiel's face looks fucking gross so idk if getting top from her would be cool? ghoul flesh might feel weird?

yeah nob that's like perfect way to put it fuck AC that shit is pathetic

yeah hopefully lucatiel can survive any fight aside from the flexile demon s/o to her tho for not even coming thru the fog to help me last time i fought that boss, fkn fool

watching her fight old sinner is so funny tho dood goes thru her in like 6-7 attacks hahahaha fight's barely started "Lucatiel of Mirrah has been vanquished"

only one dood ever held it down the right way

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/182/8/b/8_bit_biorr__of_the_twin_fangs_by_sufferingminotaur-d3kmk3c.png

oh, yeah,I forgot to mention that...I actually C/P'd the original post into google translate and noticed they made a bunch of mistakes

i didnt say anything cuz I figured i was just as likely to be wrong since i cant read japo so w/e i'd wait to see

main thing i noticed when i did google translate was they said they added piercing to spears not improved it

also uh, the google translate for the homing spells said something like the dark homing spell (affinity i think) didn't get the speed boost, just less stamina damage. The sentences for it and the homing masses were seperate is why i guessed that.

Fix it so that you can not enchant "large sword of moonlight " weapon , and adjust down the attack speed motion

Modified so that given the damage through the enemy of multiple " spear of Seoul " magic in the " crystal spear of Seoul "

Adjust the time of the damage "large sword of Seoul " magic until the occurrence

Upward adjustment of the bullet speed " lump of Seoul to be tracked " magic " crystal mass of Seoul to be tracked " , and a lower adjustment of stamina take the amount of darkness surgery " those who follow "

that's what google translate showed

so bscly moonlight lost the enchanting, and swings slower

piercing re-added to spear spells

some kind of adjustment to speed or hitbox or something for soul greatsword idk

homing soulmass and crystal homing soulmass bullet speed up, affinity does less stamina damage

also at the end of the post i think FROM originally said there were other changes not listed but they also said the major changes were listed so who knows