Kaleidoscope

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did some counter hit testing today

20str/40dex

identical moves vs undead in things betwixt

ch means counter hit (hit while performing an action)

claymore 2hr2 @365AR 110 counter rating

first hit 313-447 (no ch damage increase)

second hit 342-534 (ch?)

1hr1

first hit 249-323 (356ch close range)

~

old mirrah 2hr2 @363AR 120 counter rating

first hit 311-444 (485ch close range)

second hit 367-583 (ch?)

1hr1

first hit 242-321 (386ch close range)

min-max is range dependent, with minimum being furthest range and maximum being closest range. the swords damage seems to be segmented into 5-7 different recurring damage values based on range, with a linear increase in damage tiers as you move towards the hilt. it was hard to find the 2hr2 second hit damage values for min-max with normal vs ch, so i just went with the minimums and maximums i recorded over several tests. it should be assumed that they are ch if anything though.

also going to do dagger backstab testing since i think the damage is based on each specific weapon and not the counter rating

We need to test out agility and its role in stunlocks like I mentioned earlier. When I was in the arena a couple of days ago with my lvl 150 sm 2.5m dude, I had a lot of guys escape my Malformed Skull's second hit after a rolling attack connected. Here at lvl 90, sm 500k, I'm nailing the second hit on a lot of dudes even with 1h rolling into 1h r1. I'm thinking the lvl 200 dudes I've been fighting with my other guy all had somewhat decent agility, while these lower guys can't afford it.

As far as agility and ease of dodging, from what I've done today with my lvl 90 guy it seems as though I'm having just as easy a time as the lvl 150 guy. At this point I'm thinking agility might be more important for escaping specific combos than actually rolling through attacks. Again we'd need to test to make sure it's not something like counter-hit or no stamina playing a role.

A lot of weapons have varying damage now based on range, yeah. And of course the sweet spot mechanic is back, which is especially true for weapons like Halberd, which will do shit for damage unless you hit someone with its tip. All jumping attacks utilize a weapon's counter-hit multiplier but I'm sure a lot of people already knew this.

results

dagger = 696 - 190ar - 150cr (x3.663) (836dmg@240ar=3.483)

shadow = 682 - 185ar - 130cr (x3.686) (822dmg@235ar=3.497)

parry = 606 - 158ar - 120cr (x3.835)

manakin = 601 - 156ar - 150cr (x3.852)

thief = 491 - 117ar - 110cr (x4.197) (631dmg@167ar=3.778)

mytha = 612 - 159ar - 150cr (x3.849)

damage was consistent per dagger over multiple tests. enemies only took first half of damage for all backstabs, second half wasnt recorded, but is known to be first hit x2 (unsure of whether or not its a glitch). havent tested standing or lying riposte values, but i remember lying riposte to be higher damage than backstabs.

from the looks of it, as you increase damage, your multiplier decreases, but higher AR always means higher damage. multipliers arent consistent for the same daggers at different damage levels. however, the relation between AR and multiplier seem fairly consistent across the entire class of daggers, as similar AR values between two different daggers means similar multiplier and damage values. with that being said, the increase in AR compared to the increase in damage is not consistent across all daggers/AR (i.e. 601/156 -> 606/158 -> 612/159). no idea if its the dagger or the AR that determines the minor differences in data values, since i didn't test different daggers with the same AR, but it all seems too similar to matter.

When I was in [...] a [...] dude, I had a lot of [...] Malformed Skull

:o

As far as agility and ease of dodging, from what I've done today with my lvl 90 guy it seems as though I'm having just as easy a time as the lvl 150 guy. At this point I'm thinking agility might be more important for escaping specific combos than actually rolling through attacks. Again we'd need to test to make sure it's not something like counter-hit or no stamina playing a role.

thats an interesting take

i haven't noticed a diff in dodging for me based on agi either but i did feel like jose (who had a lot of adp) was able to roll through my attacks more often than normal, but that could be agi, lag, or superior timing on his part, or even a combination of 2-3

also i think john didn't notice this, i think he felt there was no diff outside of the player

so anecdotal

A lot of weapons have varying damage now based on range, yeah. And of course the sweet spot mechanic is back, which is especially true for weapons like Halberd, which will do shit for damage unless you hit someone with its tip.

yeah the sweet spot mechanic is same as ds and ds1, altho i haven't seen any halberd do shit damage in this game ahahahhahahahaha fk

fkn halberds

results

cool

Me and nob just had a solid 45 minutes of testing. Here are our results:

-Ironclad Armor can not be backstabbed

-Jester's Armor can not be backstabbed

-The stamina damage from poison buildup does not stack, in other words it only goes down once

-Mythas' blade is crappy for poison, its toxic is virtually impossible for PvP

-A Great Hammer's rolling attack combos into another hit on somebody no matter their agility or poise-- in other words if it doesn't connect during an online match it's the result of lag. Furthermore high agility does not let you escape specific combos. Adaptability is probably not worth the investment?

-Mythas' blade does not give more poison buildup the higher your dexterity is (true for other weapons?)

-A Flame Infused +10 mace outdamages a regular +10 mace at 35str against someone with low armor

-The regular mace outdamages the flame infused mace against someone with high armor, but is outdamaged when the flame infused mace is buffed

-Havel's set's defense is stupid godly

mythas is still somewhat useful because out of all the poison enchanted daggers, it has the highest damage. still tho, if youre looking to status/poison people, normal daggers, black flamestone daggers, and bandit knives are the 3 best poison enchanted. even then, dual manslayers are probably the best poison weapons, and then theres black stingers and spotted whips

realistically all you need is anything that can poison in 1 hit

power stance whips does that so does a few other things

i wouldn't even bother thinking about it in terms of swing damage if the goal is to poison the guy, you could carry other weapons or you can easily just wait them out cuz that shit is wild potent now

they're dead in about a minute pretty much no matter what

i'm saying fuck the mytha trash

I poisoned more people with dual poison black dragon swords (not powerstance) than poison manslayers since you can get more swings in the same time. Sub in whatever straight sword you want, most likely. I didn't try powerstance manslayers. I poisoned way more people with poison spotted whips than either of those though. One powerstance L2 at 40 dex is enough to fill up almost anyone's bar.