Dark Souls II

Kaleidoscope

*The i-frame test was done by rolling into the lava and what frame I started to take damage. I started the frame count one frame back from when your character starts to drop its shoulder down.

5 Adaptability

Shield raise

-15 frames

Roll Distance

69.9 equip burden- 34 Frames

0 equip burden-30 Frames(goes a lot farther)

I frames

69.9 equip burden-5th frame

0 equip burden-4th frame

20 Adaptability

Shield raise

-15 frames

Roll Distance

I frames

69.9 equip burden-5th frame

0 equip burden-6th frame

40 Adaptability

Shield raise

-15 frames

Roll Distance

I frames

69.9 equip burden-6th frame

0 equip burden-6th frame

99 Adaptability

Shield raise

-15 frames

Roll Distance

I frames

69.9 equip burden-7th frame

0 equip burden-5th frame(I checked this 10 times)

Conclusion

Going from base adaptability to 99 gives you 2 I frames.(DWGR would give you about 7 more frames than fast roll) The thing people should be worried about is equipment burden and getting a farther faster roll. I honestly do not know the sweet spot for equipment burden/poise/distance yet. But its only a matter of time. From what I can tell agility does not determine how fast you move its all determined by equipment burden.

source

its pretty much only increased item use speed

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sup everyone? This game is dope.

That test seems kinda flawed to me btw. I think the problem is that people are interpreting agility=fast/farther roll, which is not what it's supposed to be IMO. I think the way it's supposed to work is with how quickly you can do certain things after recovering from your roll, such as item usage (maybe attacking after roll also?).

In any case, I'm not gonna take tests like these too seriously yet. The game is not old at all. Before I make my opinion on agility, I want to use it in pvp first and see how it handles there. Measuring the amount of frames it takes to raise the shield sounds weird also, unless they were measuring the frames between the end of roll to starting to raise the shield.

I think adp would be good for casters, cause att increases casting speed and agility and caster needs that. Using items mid battle wouldn't be a bad thing for casters either, specially with all those new items that relate to spells.

I dunno. I'd rather wait to see how it does in pvp before I start writing it off as a waste stat. Testing it vs lava doesn't seem to be an accurate portrayal of what agility actually does.

EDIT: agl caps out at 39 adp, not 38. Least, that's what some people from the community have been saying. I'd confirm if I ever use that respec item.

Edited by Ethos

My friend had a hard time with trying to summon some people for the gargoyles post-patch, and I've noticed some others on gamefaqs complaining about that issue as well. I haven't had any problems so far. Both me and PD were able to play with each other pretty flawlessly last night as well. I wonder what's making the patch a hit or miss thing from person to person?

@Talentless: Bring it.

I haven't had any issues with summoning, I've been summoning pretty regularly and getting summoned as well.

That bell covenant is great also lol. Got a lot of titanite chunks, that place is addictive.

You can tell I want the stat to matter haha.

Most people want it to do something bro, the lack of ninja flip has fucked with a lot of ppl's psyches hahahah

I want it to work too mainly cuz I hate stats that don't do anything

Measuring the amount of frames it takes to raise the shield sounds weird also, unless they were measuring the frames between the end of roll to starting to raise the shield.

I think adp would be good for casters, cause att increases casting speed and agility and caster needs that. Using items mid battle wouldn't be a bad thing for casters either, specially with all those new items that relate to spells.

It's already confirmed to increase estus speed you can test that yourself pretty easily, or look up videos. As for other items I haven't noticed a diff but we could test that.

You gotta have the frame tests and shit tho man that's the actual proof. You can't call my boy Galileo weird just cuz he had equations and shit. That's what is actually needed my guy!

If it works the way most ppl thinks it does (raises footspeed, drops frames off actions that aren't attack ones, extra iframes on rolls, etc) that means its good for everyone not just casters. You gotta think big picture here my guy.

Nah, I know measuring frames is good. The thing I'm saying is that I'm not sure about is if they were measuring if agility made you bring your shield up faster from a neutral position, or if it made you bring up shield faster after coming out of a roll.

Anyway, I know agility is good for everyone. I just meant that casters have the potential to having the highest agility in the game. Also that they introduced new items for casters, so that agility would help them use the items faster in battle.

If agility does help in a significant way that is.

Edited by Ethos

casters already get agility from attunement so they dont really need to spend in adp for what agility they might need

leveling attunement also serves two extra purposes of not needing extra adp because you get faster cast speed and more slots, reducing the need for heals or spell regen

besides, casters are much tighter on points than typical melee builds in terms of pvp SL, so the fraction of time saved using items and stuff wouldnt be worth the loss of stats in other areas

and if you ever wanna see stat caps and stuff, talk to the respec lady and click OK on using a soul vessel

youll get the respec screen and you can dick around with points (you even get weapon atk values so you can test scaling numbers)

then you just say that you dont wanna respec anymore and the lady wont steal your vessel

I've been seeing a whole lot of mages in PvP. Everybody's rocking that large thunderbolt that does 1000hp damage on hit. I can't say it's the most effective thing. I doubt we'll see the the dominance of mage builds in a souls series compared to what hyperspray was in Demon's Souls!

hex is super good in pvp and pve ive been smashing colons with it

you get:

-very fast casting and large aoe poison that ticks twice as fast as normal poison

-projectile spell with cast time of soul arrow with damage comparable to lightning spear

-more reliable HCSM

-two versions of firestorm, one of which you can roll out of and it will still keep going, and the other which is a true AOE instead of random pillars (both cast twice as fast as firestorm)

-weapon enchant

-highest damaging nuke in the game

-shotgun soul arrow

-up to 1100 dmg on crypt blacksword ultra greatsword with weapon enchant

-access to most of the int/faith/pyro spells (exceptional damage with pyro because of stat split)

sometimes i just poison people to death and run away from them while they die, or they dont react fast enough to greater resonant soul and get bopped for 1000 damage. its also super easy to punish rolls from when they are trying to get away from hex version of HCSM by hitting them with greater resonant soul

and theres no issues with people running around with shields since chip and poison kills em anyways

faith gets spells like emit force and thunderbolt thing, both of which i think have aoe on impact making them hard to dodge

wog is only available in NG++ or if you get to rank 2 in cathedral of blue, which is like 100 duel wins

int is pretty lackluster in this game as far as pvp goes since all of it is pretty easy to dodge

pyro has 2 amazing spells that destroy in pvp, both of which are pretty hard to dodge and do tons of damage (flame swath and forbidden sun)

hex is strong as shit in pvp and pve, right now it goes hex > pyro > miracle > sorc

the main issue being how wild restrictive casting is SL wise

we'll never see hyper spray again we just gotta find the next best thing

if I had to guess its a hex thing tho

soul lady is a nice lady and her assistant with the ladle has big titties so I'm a fan

it's politics as usual so far tho the best builds are melee using either claymore or greatsword

super safe

i think wog is rank 3 which is 500 duels, and it has the charge time again like demon souls, that's what the guide says anyways

john's lance is the dopest thing ever

wog is NG++ vendor or covenant rank you can do both ways but they both take long as shit to get

im full hex build at SL129 atm which also means full pyro build

lances r fkn great the hitbox is enormous and tracking is decent but the real killer is chariot lance with 160 critical attack rating i mean daggers get 150 tops

yeah john uses chariot lance nothing i've seen does more damage

you shoulda seen him laying pipe on chariot horse with chariot lance

1guy1horse fk

iirc everything using enough int, faith, or both, is pyro lol

pyro goes int+faith and soft cap for damage is 60 total

hex is the one where it takes lower of the two

thats why i do okay damage with fire long sword even tho i have 3 faith on sorc

in ds1 anyways that was a real corny trick people thought would be good and it ended up being worthless against anyone with half a brain

also ppl thought it gave immunity to backstab but it didn't

hell you didn't even need half a brain to stuff the trick, just a weak gimmick overall

Wondering if anyone wanted to assist me tonight for bosses at either Brightstone Cove or Doors of Pharros. Last night I ran into the giant rotting wolf and its pups, I was poisoned by the pups but killed them, then the wolf jumped towards me and I died, my only attempt so far. I Haven't attempted the spider yet at Brightstone. If not, I'll just muscle through and learn the patterns like I do with most of them.

At the moment my SL is 91 and my soul memory is at 517,866.

Wondering if anyone wanted to assist me tonight for bosses at either Brightstone Cove or Doors of Pharros. Last night I ran into the giant rotting wolf and its pups, I was poisoned by the pups but killed them, then the wolf jumped towards me and I died, my only attempt so far. I Haven't attempted the spider yet at Brightstone. If not, I'll just muscle through and learn the patterns like I do with most of them.

At the moment my SL is 91 and my soul memory is at 517,866.

iirc you can't summon in the Pharros

also those are rats in there not wolves hahahahaha

i can't get into brightstone with the only person I have that might be around that SM sorry bro :(

be careful about doing the Pharros online though because you will get yanked out of your game pretty quickly while exploring

ratbro covenant lets you force ppl to invade them, and it makes all the monsters hate you as well

also all the traps in the pharros that can be armed by the lockstones can hurt the invader so the world master can torture you with them if they want

Alright, this SM thing is kind of a problem.

be careful about doing the Pharros online though because you will get yanked out of your game pretty quickly while exploring

ratbro covenant lets you force ppl to invade them, and it makes all the monsters hate you as well

Yeah I had this happen once, I was kind of confused haha.