Dark Souls II

Kaleidoscope

No they give you the option to summon the NPC. I'm sure you already know this but all enemies-- including bosses-- get more hp the more summons you have, putting forth some consequence for summoning people. So no, you don't have to rely on them. For instance I personally do not like the Gargoyles with summons because without summons you can kill each gargoyle pretty fast.

How were you reacting to The Belfry Gargoyles and then Smough and Ornstein in Dark Souls 1?

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm ok with the belfry gargoyles recycled in dark souls 2 because it still makes some sense. Ornstein recycled in to Dark Souls 2 was pretty lame-- especially because he's pretty lame without his mash bro.

I didn't mind the ornstein re-use because I think it was a concious decision to fuck with people's heads

hexes are hands down the best magic type in PvP in PvE its lightning and hex

I get why he'd say that about lightning tho in PvE the lightning bolt spells are wild strong cuz casting speeds aren't an issue (and they all have really bad casting speed)

dark and lightning also have the added bonus of access to great magic barrier which is big time as well

I wouldn't call dood retarded tbh I think you both made valid points if that makes sense? I just don't necessarily agree

oh I also really really like the NPCs in this game, easily my faves overall, but that's like a big selling point for me in games: a strong cast, even if they arent talked about much

But because of him the dragonrider has no dragon to ride.

Saying lightning is only type of magic to use is pretty retarded. I been on the receiving end of too much hexes. :(

Edited by POSTER X

thats the thing I've done a ton of thinking about the story hahahaha

I mean ya I mighta missed things but me believing they aren't directly related is for very specific reasons, a lot of it being what u learn in the last phases of the story

Edited by YOUNG CALIGULA

Yea it's easy to do that in souls series. In Dark Souls 1 all I remember is I was supposed to ring two bells then next thing I know I'm talking to a big titted bitch and then next thing I know I'm talking to a serpent who pops out of the ground and then I fall in and go kill a guy who's been kept up down there for a while.

In Demon's Souls, man I don't even know wtf I was doing I just wanted to do levels. Hell if I knew what that ending was about too.

In all 3 games of the souls series you have to go around talking to NPCs and exhaust all their dialogue, then read all the item descriptions, then piece a lot of things together to get an elementary understanding of the backstory that surrounds that game's world.

Actually at the start at the game I went to forest of giants, that led to lost sinner, killed lost sinner, wondered why I wasn't told I needed great souls, then I found my way to huntsman, and after killing old king someone told me Ornstein was in there and I went to heide's and I was like "It's probably just a dude who looks like Ornstein or just uses the same weapon" to my surprise it was the same guy.

Moving on after knowing I needed great souls, I just wandered around until I found some, I didn't know where the castle or where the shrine of winter was so I just came across that by accident again, after that it's pretty much smooth sailing with the king's ring deal until I got giant's kinship, I read the description for the item so I knew what to do with it, I just don't know why something like that unlocks the final boss out of nowhere.

I don't know, it was hard for me to enjoy the game, that's all, maybe my biggest problem with it is how they nerfed healing items in an attempt to create a false sense of difficulty, when chugging down 2 flasks makes your healing fast enough to compensate.

And for the NPC thing, well yeah, we had to exhaust dialogue, thing is in here you're almost forced to do so because they won't even sell things to you if you don't, which bugged me a bit, but in the end it doesn't matter, I always exhaust dialogue anyway.

I don't know, it was hard for me to enjoy the game, that's all, maybe my biggest problem with it is how they nerfed healing items in an attempt to create a false sense of difficulty, when chugging down 2 flasks makes your healing fast enough to compensate.

This should not be an issue. I seriously can't believe I just read this as a complaint.

Don't get hit, then.