Armored Core: Verdict Day Discussion

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~ completely different than acv where you can carry duel sidenbaums rivaling some cannons in a mw or lw and move at ridiculous speeds in a mw you can pair it with dool lotus to cover scissors and rock for you to completely understand i will post a link

That sounds more like a part/weapon balance issue than OP tactics though. Remember when simply damage racing with dual heavy gatlings on heavy RJs was broken? Nobody was complaining that offensive rushdown was an unfair and OP tactic, it was the parts.

Stay classy, ACU.

Now that ive expressed my opinion what do yall think the changes to conquest will really mean

I don't really have a clue but that's really the part I want to find out, because the endless waiting around in the first one is what made more than half of my team stop playing. They mentioned that it's based more on the system Chromehounds used, but having never played Chromehounds I have no idea what that really means.

I think it's supposed to be adressing the issue of the endless waiting. but don't quote me on that. The only thing said was that it's going to have an improved matchmaking system.

Eh, I just want straight up fights, none of that territory grinding bullshit.

lol, people insulting barilzar. i love this forum. also, i would like verdict day to incorporate more melee based weapons, so there are more varied weapons in melee fights

i would love a long sword instead of a laser blade :x

One of the screens shows an AC holding what looks like a superheated buzzsaw. Pretty damn brutal. So it looks like you got your wish.

the saw kinda reminded me of dead space saws lol

I'm pretty sure From planned on releaseing VD from the get go. Either because they knew that they would be constantly updating the game to fix issues that could on a whole be solved by getting rid of the obtuse armor states and allowing teams to meat in combat, or they just gave themselves enough leg room to strap on such and update. In the end I don't think any of this was a complete accident. From Software is as Sadistic as most Publishers though they obviously have less to work with financially.

From Sadistware

Fucking Sadists

Japs

From Software knows they are fucking us and they enjoy it immensely.

A good point Ogawa, but the question is: are you surprised that they're releasing an expansion pack?

Is there EVER an installment in the AC series where they didn't make an expansion pack? I don't mind it personally as long as it brings ALOT of new content, but by now it's kinda like a routine.

I'm pretty sure From planned on releaseing VD from the get go. Either because they knew that they would be constantly updating the game to fix issues that could on a whole be solved by getting rid of the obtuse armor states and allowing teams to meat in combat, or they just gave themselves enough leg room to strap on such and update. In the end I don't think any of this was a complete accident. From Software is as Sadistic as most Publishers though they obviously have less to work with financially.

From Sadistware

Fucking Sadists

Japs

i coulda swore they was a developers not a publishers

also lolmeatincombat

i coulda swore they was a developers not a publishers

also lolmeatincombat

That's what I was saying. From Software is pretty independent and at this point I don't even think I would blame Bamco for anything beyond their usual bull.

And Pen I was having my doubts given that DLC would have been the replacement for that but I guess I didn't take all the fancy decorations they like to put on their expansions.

I would hope so too but it looks like they are adding a bunch of tiny fixes which they always do with expansions which would mean that this is a full game. I mean I never heard of a DLC that included updates in the graphics and a design change in the user interface.

If I got the money I'd buy it first day because I don't intend on buying any other games this year. DS and AC are the only series of games I play without passing out from apparent boredom. Seriously Mass Effect puts me to sleep faster than a roofied kid in a pedophile's home.

I would hope so too but it looks like they are adding a bunch of tiny fixes which they always do with expansions which would mean that this is a full game. I mean I never heard of a DLC that included updates in the graphics and a design change in the user interface.

If I got the money I'd buy it first day because I don't intend on buying any other games this year. DS and AC are the only series of games I play without passing out from apparent boredom. Seriously Mass Effect puts me to sleep faster than a roofied kid in a pedophile's home.

how about dead space 3 + dlc, bioshock, metal gear rising, destiny, Assasins Creed 4 and other stuff :o

I'll be interested when From announces a beta test for regions outside of Japan, otherwise it's just the same old shit they've been doing since I guess Demon's Souls or AC4. Whatever game that demanded players outside the dev team to work on beta.

The main reason I don't really intend on getting anything this year is because of the possible next gen movement. I'd rather just buythe new system if it's going to come with games I know are decent already.

The only reason my crew up and left ACV for good was rock paper scissors on the defense stats. None of us cared about the other stuff and since we did use cover / tactics (and ive been cover whoring since AC2AA) its nothing new. I actually had two mechs I enjoyed piloting. (Tank / Mid respectfully)

But something really needs to be done about the "tissue" defense as mentioned earlier. I don't mind having some sort of weakness as seems to be evident in this generation. What I DO mind is having ZERO chance vs a mech that is a hard counter to mine minus some really lucky / skilled flash rocket use on my part.

I also feel like the FCS's needed more generations of parts. There were FAR too few options there to utilize half the games setups properly.

Pretty sure the Tower is also a giant spaceship. I mean come on, have you seen how many giant rockets booster things it has? And based on this screen: http://www.armoredcoregame.com/images/slides/17.jpg it's probably just gonna be called a tower.

By the way have you guys senn this before? http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/files/2013/02/sm_ac_logodetail.jpg

Fom what I can gather it says something about countless years passing bla bla bla destruction. And something about the "Towers" being discovered and yet it's still a mystery, various towers now, built a long - time ago maybe?-, something inside them, something salvaged, overpollution, and lots of sentences containing something about mankind and te weak and strong yada yada.