Armored Core: Verdict Day Discussion

Armored Core: Verdict Day is a sequal to ACV. It was announced in the latest issue of the Famitsu magazine. Players will be able to transfer their save file from ACV, and during Conquest you're supposed to be able to choose wich side to fight on. AC: Verdict Day is pretty much just ACV with a supposedly better matchmaking system and probably more parts, but the same mechanics as ACV.

This was discussed in the "Hype For ACVI" topic in the General Discussion section.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/19/armored-core-verdict-day-coming-out-on-september-26/

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh*

You know, I'm not sure how to feel about this. :wiggle:

Ever since I first played AC2 and got into the series, I'd get uncontrollably excited for each and every new game. This is the first time in over ten years that I haven't felt that way. And it's kind of crushing. :cry:

There was a lot about ACV that I liked, but between the absolute focus of team-based conquest mode and the degree to which armor didn't work against certain ammo, it just didn't quite work over here in the US. Japan may be a different story, but over here there wasn't enough people at any given time in conquest mode which meant endless waiting around just hoping someone would attack, and the extreme weaknesses of armor types made 1v1 kind of a mess. Unless those things are drastically changed, I think ACV:VD won't fare any better.

For the first time in my life I'm not utterly enraptured for a new AC game. It feels like part of me just fuckin' died. I don't know. I'll just have to keep my eye on it and see what's changed and more importantly, what hasn't. Apparently conquest mode has been redone, so that's a start I suppose.

*sigh*

You know, I'm not sure how to feel about this. :wiggle:

Ever since I first played AC2 and got into the series, I'd get uncontrollably excited for each and every new game. This is the first time in over ten years that I haven't felt that way. And it's kind of crushing. :cry:

There was a lot about ACV that I liked, but between the absolute focus of team-based conquest mode and the degree to which armor didn't work against certain ammo, it just didn't quite work over here in the US. Japan may be a different story, but over here there wasn't enough people at any given time in conquest mode which meant endless waiting around just hoping someone would attack, and the extreme weaknesses of armor types made 1v1 kind of a mess. Unless those things are drastically changed, I think ACV:VD won't fare any better.

For the first time in my life I'm not utterly enraptured for a new AC game. It feels like part of me just fuckin' died. I don't know. I'll just have to keep my eye on it and see what's changed and more importantly, what hasn't. Apparently conquest mode has been redone, so that's a start I suppose.

It wasn't any better in Japan. The game just suffered bad balance, and bad mechanics. I'm expecting some major changes from ACV to the new game; but I won't be putting my hopes up since ACV was just a flat terrible game.

Sadley I will be buying this game and at this point I don't know why because I KNOW its going to be just as much of a disapointment to me as ACV was, but I guess I'm a sucker for punishment. I just wish they were to make the mechanics a little bit more tolerable and fix the blatent problems like hit boxes on projectiles being unnecesarilly huge. I suppose we will see what happens. If it sucks it will be back on the shelf along with ACV.

I'm actually quite excited for this game, and I was the guy who was debating whether to get ACV or not (it would've been the first AC game I missed since starting the series.)

The base building is my favorite part of the game by far. I hope that's still there.

Edited by Duronix

Was that directed at me?

I'm pretty sure that was aimed at Celtic, complaining about a maneuver in which a lighter and more nimble frame avoids getting ass raped by heavier slower frames by hiding behind a fuck ton of bricks/concrete/reinforced armor walls/ or geological masses.

I've seen similar situations in Mechwarrior/ Battletech games where apparently it is considered dishonorable to kill a bipedal armored fortress in the most efficient way possible. By making it fall over and shooting it's fucking legs.

Ehh, that seems to be the consensus post-fA. Tactics and strategy are OP.

It was like that in 4/fA too, taking cover behind things like the highway structures on that one map was deemed unfair, because the proper way to play the game is overboosting around in the open at 3000 kph, shooting dual sniper rifles and missiles at each other.

It was like that in 4/fA too, taking cover behind things like the highway structures on that one map was deemed unfair, because the proper way to play the game is overboosting around in the open at 3000 kph, shooting dual sniper rifles and missiles at each other.

Who the fuck used dual sniper rifles in FA besided Fated? lol

Exactly my point. All the tactically-impaired players who fell in love with fA because they got to play a game consisting entirely of open spaces, mashing quickboost, and never taking your finger off the fire buttons.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/GriffonsScythe/ScreenShot2013-02-24at81452AM.png

But once using cover and taking advantage of the terrain was brought into play, it became "unfair". Remember back in the Raven games, when you could maintain a lock from behind cover? SO OP.

You know the more I think about it. The more it looks like From Soft expected ACV to suck overseas so they go ahead and plot with BAMCO to make it so we don't get the full version that JP does. Not to mention make the Jap players suffer by making them play a game in which an armor is unrealisticly strong against X type while being more useless than tissue paper in the other weapon types.

I remember in one of the few interviews with the From Soft staff they said specifically that they only made games that they would play and would never cater to the crowd. (News of Dark Souls II seems to contradict this but I doubt they are letting the new guys mess with it to the extent that it becomes a game the in house devs don't enjoy.)

So they make everyone suffer with ACV and then prepare the real game AC: Verdict Day, fully functional without the vast differences in armor strength and open online without the locked regions.

Even if they didn't plan on screwing up ACV I seriously doubt they did not intend to release Verdict Day from the beginning, at least since they came out with the V instead of 5.

Let me make this perfectly clear so you cannot mistake the pop shotting im speaking of is cqc sniping putting a fairly lightweight sidenbaum on a rediculously fast ac doin part of the locking behind cover and dooling these snipers and subcomps which the atk power on some snipers rival some cannons a huge dev oversight but the meta always proves what is overlooked and op dont you agree?

This is no longer ac3 its pvp at a whole new level thus tactical abilities must be balanced as well winning with dool sidenbaums doesnt mean ur good or smart it means ur using top tier ask the meta