Xbone

Magnus

To be honest, the only launch title I am interested for the XBone/PS4 is Watch_Dogs, and I can play that on my PS3. There is little reason to buy a console at launch unless you feel compelled to play a specific game that you can't otherwise play. Those games includes:

Xbox One:

- Dead Rising 3

- Forza Motorsport 5

- Kinect Sports Rivals

- Ryse: Son of Rome

- Killer Instinct (LOL, GTFO)

- LocoCycle (also on 360)

Playstation 4:

- DriveClub

- Killzone: Shadow Fall

- Knack

- The Witness (also on PC)

- Warframe (also on PC)

Either Xbone/PS4:

- NBA Live 14

And even if you are interested in playing these games, there is little reason to pre-order. I really doubt game stores will run out of stock for either consoles. But yeah, that's just my opinion. Though, I guess having it shipped to you is more convenient if you ordered online.

Edited by Honest Frank

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Killer Instinct (XB1) and Deep Down (PS4) are the only games that are exclusive to consoles or a specific console that I care about so far, and I don't think Deep Down is going to be available a year from now either. I will be getting neither unless I have excess money lying around or unless they do something more significant. If I do happen to have that much excess money lying around near the end of the year, I'm strongly leaning towards a PS4. Though I've always been more of a PlayStation/Nintendo fangirl, so I'm a biased cunt anyway.

Killer Instinct is bad, it's being made by Double Helix.

You do not want it unless you're all kinds of retarded hard for really really really really bad games.

Also I hear they're changing the name to Ryse: Son of QTE

To be honest, the only launch title I am interested for the XBone/PS4 is Watch_Dogs, and I can play that on my PS3. There is little reason to buy a console at launch unless you feel compelled to play a specific game that you can't otherwise play. Those games includes:

Xbox One:

- Dead Rising 3

- Forza Motorsport 5

- Kinect Sports Rivals

- Ryse: Son of Rome

- Killer Instinct (LOL, GTFO)

- LocoCycle (also on 360)

Playstation 4:

- DriveClub

- Killzone: Shadow Fall

- Knack

- The Witness (also on PC)

- Warframe (also on PC)

Either Xbone/PS4:

- NBA Live 14

And even if you are interested in playing these games, there is little reason to pre-order. I really doubt game stores will run out of stock for either consoles. But yeah, that's just my opinion. Though, I guess having it shipped to you is more convenient if you ordered online.

Well one advantage to preorder is that it's supposed to arrive at your place on day one and not just ship that day. So you're getting the system the same time as those dudes that camp out overnight without having to wait in retarded lines. Also, Amazon had a deal a few days ago too that either knocked $40 or gave you a free game or something. I don't remember. So that's another advantage.

Other than those two points I'm with you. If I'm getting this it isn't going to be day one but it'll probably be before holiday season when supply is tight.

Also, I imagine Watch Dogs would be a better experience on PS4 but don't quote me on that. Has there been any word if PS4s and PS3s can play with each other across games? I haven't noticed anything but I don't see why that couldn't be the case.

I will be getting neither unless I have excess money lying around or unless they do something more significant. If I do happen to have that much excess money lying around near the end of the year, I'm strongly leaning towards a PS4.

That's kind of my deal. I feel if I can stash $500 by the end of the year then I'll probably get it but if not then oh well. Put it on my Christmas list.

Killer Instinct is bad, it's being made by Double Helix.

You do not want it unless you're all kinds of retarded hard for really really really really bad games.

Yeah that makes complete sense. Lets call a game bad before it's ever released. Quit being such a depressed fuck. Go fuck a unicorn or something.

Edited by Rachis

I know quite a bit about the new KI already, including their plans on how they'll make money off of the KI reboot. I also couldn't care less who the developer is, I care about the game. I'm not so silly or petty as to judge a game solely on who developed it. Nor am I so poor as to worry about the pricing plan. If I did, I'd never buy another FROM SOFTWARE game again. I've already watched quite a bit of gameplay footage of the new KI, including watching nearly two hours of Justin Wong, Alex Valle, and Gootecks play it in it's alpha build, and it seems to be very true to the original arcade KI.

Not that I'll be getting an XB1 anyway. It's just that KI is the only game on the console that's even remotely appealing. The rest can all be played on other platforms or are just another generic iteration of trash. The KI combat engine is at least unique in the field of fighting games and hasn't had an iteration for over 15 years.

I'll have to see if Double Helix actually manages to fuck up KI, but that's a hard thing to do with a game that was never competitively sound anyway. It's not like that stopped the original developer Rare from fucking up KI2, so who knows? Anything is possible, as exogen would say.

My only hope is that someday it releases on PS4.

Yeah that makes complete sense. Lets call a game bad before it's ever released. Quit being such a depressed fuck. Go fuck a unicorn or something.

Double Helix made Front Mission: Evolved, and Battleship: The Movie: The Game. I think it's a given that not much can be expected from them.

I think it's silly to condemn a game entirely based on a developer's track record (especially given the turnaround in a lot of companies). It might not bode well, but it's not an immediate write off.

I'm only semi-surprised to see Microsoft change their policies. Part of me was wondering how big they thought they were (and if they would follow through). The other part knows how much they like money and not taking that kind of risk. The whole 24 hour check in thing was legit stupid anyway.

The logic in this thread so far:

Hitler might've fucked up last time, but let's clone him and give him power and see what happens this time. Maybe he learned his lesson.

Logic from Rachis so far:

Look at this video of someone enjoying because of the graphics and nostalgia that's half an hour long that you won't possibly watch. Just listen, you know what he's talking about as he says "As soon as you push a button, things happen." Ignore the fact no one got their hands on it long enough to find any actual broken elements, just blindly be happy about it because nostalgia.

I think you guys are taking this pretend to be as stupid as Knob thing too far. It's starting to get convincing.

Edited by Magnus

Fuck my previous post.

The fact that you went to that extreme just shows how juvenile you are Magnus.

Killer Instinct looks good so far. Respected members of the fighting community have play tested the game and I found a video with the opinion of one such individual. Your opinion on the matter, Magnus, is worthless at this point if you're going to sit there in denial.

I mean fuck, the man even said the game feels more like KI1 than KI2 and that the game includes elements from other well known and respected fighting games. And what you're going to pull from the video instead is "ehrmagurd I push buttons and stuff happens."

Seriously go fuck yourself.

Edited by Rachis