Playstation 4

SUMERIAN BLOOD GOD

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah people went nuts when they announced that.

I was thinking about getting PS+ when I still had a say in the matter.

NOW THAT IT'S REQUIRED I SAY FUCK THESE GUYS IT'S NOT LIKE IT'S A GOOD DEAL THAT PEOPLE HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR EVEN WITHOUT IT BEING REQUIRED.

Honestly, I have no reason to hate the requirement other than my sense of defiance.

$400 price point is pretty cool, though I think I'll avoid a first gen one since it seems to freeze up pretty easily. Also, the design - I like the Xbox One design, and I probably would have liked the PS4 design a lot more if it was revealed first. They've got some immediate similarities, so I was kind of underwhelmed. It's flat, though, and that's all that matters.

Yeah. after hearing the "pay 2 play" online thing, I just don't think I'll be getting a Ps4. They'd really have to make it worth my while to get me to buy their system.

Our boy Keanu listed some reasons why it might be worth your while to at least consider it. I'm with him; I was considering getting PS+ even before it was listed as mandatory for PS4 online. Discounts on games, free games, online backup of saves, exclusive demos and stuff, general freebies that aren't really a big deal but are nice extras. Stuff like that makes PS+ seem like a better deal than XBL and PS4 looks like it'll be loads better than XB1 in a lot of respects.

I might get first-gen PS4. I'll probably put it on my Christmas list if there's not something else I'd rather have at the time.

5 bucks a month man. That's mere pocket change, even for someone who works minimum wage. I think you're freaking out over the idea more than the actual amount. If you're freaking out over 5 bucks a month you probably wouldn't be able to afford a ps4 in the first place.

Yeah. after hearing the "pay 2 play" online thing, I just don't think I'll be getting a Ps4. They'd really have to make it worth my while to get me to buy their system.

To expand on what Ninety said, PS+ frequently has deals where you can buy a game for like 10-25% off right off the bat, and higher percentages for stuff that has been around. If you do so, it's generally almost or completely paid for itself after one purchase. They also do the free games thing like he mentioned, though you can only play that game as long as you're subscribed - but honestly, rentals were $5 by the end of it. For two days. I think if you re-up at a later point you get access to that game again so long as it's still on your hard drive, too.

Obviously some things might change in the meantime, but as it is, it doesn't seem bad at all. Complaints for the sake of complaining.

I will say I kind of expect a better online experience from Sony this time around though. Purely because it's no longer free.

Yeah the stuff I saw in the last expo leads me to believe they're really putting a lot more effort into making PSN an actual networking platform akin to XBL than just a place where you can buy/rent games and movies, watch Netflix and Amazon Prime, and oh yeah, see if there's anyone online for you to play with and send them a text.

My biggest hope is that it loads quicker. I hate trying to send a message between matches of Street Fighter because it's always a race to see if it will get out before the match starts.

$5 is honestly not a big deal if it means a more stable server and network. Heck, I use to spend $5 weekly at the arcades. I am actually a PS+ member so I can store my DkS save (with mule), so I can help some dude out. Discount games are nice too.

My biggest hope is that it loads quicker. I hate trying to send a message between matches of Street Fighter because it's always a race to see if it will get out before the match starts.

I agree with everything you said, but especially this. I usually just end up ignoring messages until I know I've got some time, which can suck when it's about forming a party or something.

Well according to that, it's pretty much just what companies like EA have done already by not allowing online play with used games through serial numbers and stuff.

EA has already said they're getting rid of online passes, too, so it's a bit funny in that regard. I don't know if they'll implement something else or not.

I'm pretty sure the PS4 will load between match stuff like messages more than quickly enough, at least for a good two years. After that, idk. But even then it should be fine unless they fucked up the OS or something. Also, tbh, I've always preferred the XMB of the PS3 even with its lag over the Win8 smartphone buttons of the 360 (and Windows 8). I'm pretty worried that the new interface will be a bunch of annoying boxes.

Upgradeable HDD is great. I'll probably swap that sucker out instantly, tbh. I don't believe a 500GB HDD can support new age gaming over the next six years and I dislike the hassle of swapping an HDD out after it's been filled with stuff. Game installs of even simple games like RO2 are breaking 5GB nowadays. Games like Destiny and Watch Dogs won't be gentle on those HDDs like RO2 either. WoW is around 25-30GB now, FF14 is 20+GB, and some of the biggest games the current consoles can support are around 10GB. You could be one of those crazy green hippies or w/e tho. You know, like the guys that recycle water bottles and shit and uninstall games when they're not using them. Or you could be LS, with his 8GB PC HDD and 2x speed CD-ROM drive.

I know they have a separate processor just for encoding video and stuff for when you stream, which is something I approve of. I just want to know why Sony made a deal with UStream instead of Twitch. Now MS has a deal with Twitch instead, which is really fkn dumb of Sony to let happen. I do not like streaming to UStream, either.

REGION FREE IS BIG YES! DAN "THE MAN" HIBIKI IS COMING TO THE US IN HIS ORIGINAL JAPANESE FORMAT NOW AND FOREVER!