Fallout 4

Clones

That's my problem with survival though, it isn't JUST jacked up enemy health, it's the nerfed healing as well. It honestly feels like Bethesda was going to go the Metro route of "you have 'less' health, do more damage, but so does the enemy." But stopped halfway.

Know there's a mod for it. Probably will be playing on survival now though, unless I run out of side quests.

iirc survival amps up everyone more than very hard (more damage more armor more hp and more legends)

also you're healing is basically worthless in combat

ur my guy but it sounds like ur saying "i want it harder but not really"

the nerfed healing is the single smartest thing they coulda done for amping up difficulty, i think they coulda taken it a step further by making ammo and stimpacks have weight but it is what it is

just play on survival the game is bscly built for survival

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Hardcore mode ammo weight? In regards to difficulty, I don't even know what exactly I want. Certainly not NV's hardcore mode which just felt more like a nuisance (think I only died once because I stepped on a mine.) I did however play a bit of survival today. Didn't notice too much of a difference in difficulty, but it feels like your armor values matter a bit more. Well, more specifically the ballistic and energy weapon values. Edited by Clones

I think nob mentioned something to this effect earlier but all damage-over-time effects seem to stack.

This is why bleeding melee weapons are ridiculously strong, you jab em a couple times and they just die.

There's a legendary melee weapon that does bleed and poison damage to boot as well.

That makes sense.

Stacking criticals is pretty damn strong like it was in previous games as well. I've a powerful calibrated sniper rifle that does like 80 damage per shot, but with its calibrated receiver buffing the critical damage, as well as ninja and better criticals perks, you're able to do mad damage when sniping things for sneak attacks.

The final mission or whatever in Fallout3 with liberty prime was cool. The actual ending where you make either the elder's daughter go in the thing or you go in to save the DC area was whatever. The only thing memorable about the ending ending was Fawkes telling you he won't go in for you because it's your destiny. Bitch ur a super mutant ur immune to the thing.

Never got to the New Vegas ending because I lost interest I think about 3/4 of the way through the story.

For me the main character of the (recent) Fallout games is the world. Even though I liked exploring the National Mall and stuff moreso than Boston, I can say the world in Fallout 4 is far superior to 3 and especially New Vegas. It's so varied and detailed in comparison.

When it comes to settlement building I've only given settlers their minimum requirements to survive I haven't even fucked around with building new structures and moving stuff around. Man I'm gonna spend a looot of time doing that once I get around to it.

Edited by YUNG EASY PETE

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect it's because they gave the Deathclaws some finishing move. Only one that gave me trouble was a glowing deathclaw.

So does anyone else find .50 caliber weapons... under powered?

.50 cal is wild pathetic, yeah

its only good early

owen bscly nailed it tho, the hunting sniper with 308 works about as good as 50 because u can mod for crit

and nob nailed the other thing, gauss rifle does what 50cal did in nv

if u want a good sniper rifle the combat sniper works way better than hunting sniper (duh i guess)

deathclaws are strong as shit, just sometimes they're complete idiots and they wont even fight back, its pathetic

I don't fear sentry bots as much now, at least the few that I encountered. The one legendary one I encountered I had to use jet over and over while in power armor haha. But, Sentry bots used to snipe you from like a mile away with missiles, and now they don't seem to do that.

Oh man protectrons are hosses now. I legit fear them if I accidentally get them to turn on me. It's always fun activating one or two and watching them handle an entire army of super mutants or raiders, and of course it's funny hearing them talk as they do work as well.