Street Fighter V

Nomrah

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's bold at all. The people "on the fence" or "waiting for their character" already don't like sf5 and there's nothing that is going to change their mind on that. Owen is a prime example. He loves urien and we have urien and guess who doesn't play sf5? Edited by Rachis

Well I'm hoping for the best for some solid new characters, I personally am ready for some new faces that I might end up liking. That's a whole season without any returning cast members aside from Akuma, that's a pretty big deal, but I'm board.

We haven't played in a while, we must change that.

Also lots of news on the balance changes for season 2 circulating.

Chuns instant air legs nerfed, no longer plus on block, but she can now v-trigger off of specials and continue to combo. Lightning legs can now be activated both through piano and input. cr. lk now cancellable into LL. I was hoping a new patch would silence the Chun hate so I could play the char in peace lol, but I'm afraid its only going to continue due to the v-trigger off of specials buff.

Lots of people saying Mika got hit too hard. Mika needs to be in corner to get wall bounce. List says that she cannot change direction with irish whip, but I guess others say you still can.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/dec/03/tons-changes-being-reported-street-fighter-5s-psx-build-capcom-not-saying-if-things-are-final/

I don't think it's bold at all. The people "on the fence" or "waiting for their character" already don't like sf5 and there's nothing that is going to change their mind on that. Owen is a prime example. He loves urien and we have urien and guess who doesn't play sf5?

Man, people are hard to please. When capcom released old characters it pleased the people that liked those characters but they got shit from everyone else saying they were being lazy by not creating new content. Now they say they're releasing 5 new characters and people are angry they're not gonna see their favorite character. There's just no pleasing anyone.

I got Rocket League there's no reason to play SF5.

But besides that, I just don't like how Urien plays compared to 3s-- not that anybody actually believed that Urien would be and fun as wild to play as his 3s counterpart. I genuinely like Karin's playstyle, but SF5 as a whole just doesn't look good to me: subpar art style and direction, rigid animations, and uninspired stages (except for karin's stage). It's definitely not the moving force that SF4 was.

Edited by Dad

Although the art direction is not my favorite in the series, it still does have some impressive visuals and I actually think a lot of the animations are very well done (I've seen a lot of neat things while freeze framing the game in training mode). I always felt that the stages in SF4 were underwhelming, and that sfv already trumps it in that department, although some of the new stage ko's they threw in to please people are pretty lame.

Yes Phoenix Mika is hawt!

Yeah the lack of lag is helping get comfortable with characters I haven't been able to grind with online and you actually get to focus on shit!! This Mika, like most I run into, only practice the blender so they completely die midscreen if you run like a bitch.

We'll have to play sometime soon, I'm available pretty much all weekend. The more I read into the Chun balance changes the worse it gets, nerfing air legs is fine, but this whole cr. lp to 4 frames and priority being switched to 3 frame cr. lk is kind of annoying, alongside increased pushback on lights. Also talk of new bnb and also piano legs getting frame advantage over input legs, it sounds like the majority of my muscle memory is going to require a hefty overhaul. Right now I'm kind of in limbo waiting for the update.

And this..

by far the best ltg salt moment yet imo

Edited by Nomrah

The update is going to require a noticeable adjustment from everyone for sure. I'll be relearning anyway because I'll have Aku *cough* Oni *cough* ma.

I have a hard time listening to LTG because he's just too retarded. I had more fun watching LI Joe's reactions to the whole thing.

Hey man, any chance we can get some games in this weekend?

BLANKA SEASON 2 CONFIRMED

The return of Honda and Blanka would be far more worthwhile than the suspects so far on who the new chars are. No new returning cast members aside from Akuma might end up not so great : /

Edited by Nomrah